catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Witches' Legacy: The Ties that Bind here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 14, 14 3:04 AM
(Apologies for the delay. I have an eye infection and have been advised to stay clear of computers as much as possible. Perhaps someone could take over for the next 2 days?)

The review thread!

Edited on 09/14/2014 at 6:08:01 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Witches' Legacy: The Ties that Bind here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 14, 14 6:07 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Witches' Legacy: The Ties that Bind here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Witches' Legacy: The Ties that Bind.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 14, 14 7:58 AM
Hi Catbag

I'd be happy to do it for you if you would like me to. I'm in the UK and we get the new game at 8am, I am always awake and on BFG to see what the latest game is - let me know.

Dax

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Sep 14, 14 8:42 AM
If you like this game and are purchasing it buy the CE. With the sale its worth it.........

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Witch's Legacy: The Ties that Bind here!

[Post New]by roaming on Sep 19, 14 2:27 AM
If you read the reviews in the CE forum, you will read a lot of negative comments about the imp. I happen to love the little guy! He is one of the very few cute helpers I do like, and I wish he had been given more to do in The Ties That Bind.

I bought the SE version with a CC and wish I hadn't. Each of the Witch's Legacy games has been progressively not as good as the previous one. The Ties That Bind isn't a terrible game, but it isn't a very good one either. The story is silly. There are a lot of mistakes. For example, in Part 2 of the jump map, the map key is reversed from what it should be.

I didn't like Lynn running the show and telling me what to do. In fact, I really haven't liked Lynn's personality in either this or the last installment.

I won't buy another Witch's Legacy game if there is one, and I hope for everyone's sake there is not.

Edited on 09/19/2014 at 2:28:04 AM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 19, 14 8:43 PM
A fitting chapter in the Witches' Legacy series. I love the and the sharp and beautifully colorful graphics. As usual. I skip most of the dialog. I, too, the Imp.
He's such a helpful character never seems to get any reward. I guess he feels rewarded enough getting to be close to Lynn. Lynn is sort of neutral in my thinking (neither like her of dislike her). At times she seems stuck on herself and at other times a sweet girl. I think maybe the power is going to her head! I don't know how her adopted mom puts up with her at times. It would be hard trying to teach right from wrong to a girl like Lynn. What? just a game you say! Well, easy to get immersed in the story.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Sep 22, 14 1:22 PM
Based on finished game :

Thoroughly enjoyed this game (played over 3 days) thanks to beautiful, brilliant and well-detailed graphics, a good story flow and the excellent transport map. I used the map a lot because the clues were (as usual) strewn over several locations and due to the time lag to load each scene/ location. HOPs + puzzles were fun plus I don't mind any helpers as long as they're not overdone or needed all the time. In each scene, the artwork was lovely. Time pass + worth it. Deserves golden ones.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 25, 14 12:14 PM
Very good game! A continuing story; you don't have to play the others first, but it might be fun. Brilliant graphics!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 9, 14 6:23 PM
Another 5 star game from this developer. Varied, interesting and fun HOS. So glad to see developers developing such creative HOS now! Puzzles were a bit tedious but could be skipped quickly, which I did...not a puzzle fan. There were a lot of both but they didn't bog the game down or make it appear tedious. Well balanced gameplay.

Voice overs, annimations, music and graphics...all well done and enjoyable. Even that little helper critter. Love this series. A lot to do and the transporter map is excellent and needed as this game is all over the place. So many different things that made this game enjoyable. Nice length for a SE and ending very nicely.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Nov 20, 14 6:32 AM
Having played the others in this series, I bought and played this one. As usual, it is of an extremely high quality throughout.

There was a lot to like about the game, transport map excelled, hidden object scenes were interestingly varied, and the puzzles were do-able.

I'm not a fan of "helpers" but I can put up with Elf.

The only downside for me was - yet again - the voices and the miserable looking daughter. Her and the mom could be discussing what to have for breakfast, They are talking about dire situations yet there is no drama, real emotion, or passion in their voices.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Apr 3, 15 6:52 PM
Although I loved this game there were a couple minor things that bugged me. First just a few to many HOS for me. But at least the matching game was a way to get out of them. And the other thing that I didn't like was the troll helper or whatever he was. Didn't like him. He was very annoying. Other then that good game.

Go to: