bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES you may have for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 15, 14 8:08 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES you may have for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director here

[Post New]by siscokid on Sep 15, 14 10:00 AM
On one of the puzzles to make an "excursion ticket" you are encouraged to slide the panels to make them complete. Tiles will not slide, completely frozen. That did if for me...

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES you may have for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director here

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Sep 15, 14 10:09 AM
All you have to do Sisco is click on any tile next to the white square and the tile you clicked on will slide into its new position. Then keep doing that until the picture is completed.

Just like the little plastic puzzles we used to be able to do without thinking ...... when we were kids! lol

Edited on 09/16/2014 at 4:51:08 AM PST

mylbos
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mylbos on Sep 15, 14 12:51 PM
when trying to download the 60 minute free trial it would deny me while saying another game was running. Restarted my computer twice- and was given the same message. Decided to restart again and then bought the game - no luck after 3 tries - Suggestions?

[Post New]by barb19597 on Sep 17, 14 2:01 AM
I can't get this game to work at all. installs 99% and then says my visual C ++ is too new. then I get s33 application launcher stopped working. I have downloaded 2 games since and have not had a problem. My system meets all the requirements, so disappointed wanted to play this.

[Post New]by disy111 on Sep 17, 14 4:54 PM
barb19597 wrote:I can't get this game to work at all. installs 99% and then says my visual C ++ is too new. then I get s33 application launcher stopped working. I have downloaded 2 games since and have not had a problem. My system meets all the requirements, so disappointed wanted to play this.

Having the same issue sE3 application launcher has stopped working, took me about 10 times to finally get it downloaded and installed, when I open to play get the sE3 message. All other games work just fine

[Post New]by barb19597 on Sep 18, 14 2:11 AM
I have uninstalled game manager and reinstalled restarted computer uninstalled game and reinstalled it. I have never had this happen before. Since this I have downloaded 3 games and didn't have a problem. One thing I noticed while it was installing is that it extracted files which I thought was strange. I have downloaded and installed everyday since I bought it and still no luck. Hope they fix it soon.

[Post New]by sandiysu on Sep 19, 14 5:17 PM
I am having the exact same problem. It goes to 99% the stops C+++ comes up. Geek Squad fixed and Game still wouldn't download. I even tried a new browser . Big Fish won't respond on my e-mails asking for help. Should I try Google Chrome?

[Post New]by sandiysu on Sep 19, 14 5:19 PM
Oh, I forgot. It let me play the Trial download.

wrdpm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by wrdpm on Sep 24, 14 4:21 PM
Tell me what I need to do in order to play Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director. The message that pops up says the following:

Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software. The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can install Microsoft Visual C++2010 Redistributable Setup software package.

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

I am so lost. Thank for any help.

[Post New]by Miralina on Sep 25, 14 11:18 AM
I also have the newer C++ installation, and the game will not run at all. I've tried running it in an earlier compatibility mode, as an administrator, and adjusting screen resolution, but all I get is a brief, fullscreen blank, then a blank window.

Any suggestions, anyone?

fomalhaut
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by fomalhaut on Sep 28, 14 3:39 PM
I'm having a similar problem to what others have reported. I'm a programmer and C++ is part of my programming system. I'm not letting a download game try to repair it. I hit cancel and the install finished, but the game will not load. The game looked interesting to try, but I'm not risking my system integrity to do so. I've deleted the entire game from my Game Manager. Sorry.

[Post New]by keepingmeproper on Sep 28, 14 4:13 PM
same problem will not open says memory exception I was wondering why the file was extracted as well

[Post New]by rosebud1us on Sep 29, 14 8:14 AM
keepingmeproper wrote:same problem will not open says memory exception I was wondering why the file was extracted as well

[Post New]by dwanhalla on Oct 2, 14 2:43 AM
Same as others - The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can install Microsoft Visual C++2010 Redistributable Setup software package.

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable has been detected on the machine.
All other games downloaded before and after this one work. So Frustrating

Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director wont load

[Post New]by Taz1980 on Oct 6, 14 6:13 AM
hi i have downloaded the game in big fish game manager and when I click on it to play it wont load or do anything. A little black window opens but then closes straight away so I cant read what it says. Please help

[Post New]by agvcda on Oct 10, 14 2:43 PM
I am having the same problems as all of the above. I need a refund.

[Post New]by barb19597 on Oct 13, 14 1:30 AM
I am very disappointed I have sent an email to tech support about this game. Posted on here and I'm not the only with the same issue with this game only. I have received no response from big fish or even we are working on this problem. Look for an update everyday on game manager. This has been since sept. 17 and nothing.

[Post New]by HiddenNic on Oct 20, 14 4:24 PM
I get this error: A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

[Post New]by barb19597 on Oct 27, 14 2:16 AM
Okay so I have waited over a month for a tech report and posting on here. Reinstalled game manager and game again. Still getting the sE3 application is not working, I have installed and played both vacation adventures park ranger 1 and 2 and have not had a
problem. Any answers yet???

Go to: