auntpickle
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Just John

[Post New]by auntpickle on Sep 15, 14 3:06 PM
If I missed this info somewhere, sorry. I just gifted my first friend, Yay! But the just john is requesting items. I thought he wasn't real? Any advice or info would be appreciated. Thanks, auntpickle

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Just John

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Sep 15, 14 4:18 PM
Just John isn't real (mostly). It's just to give you a friend to gift so you can get thank you cards to hatch pets. If you get other friends, you can ignore John! However, that being said, some people have gotten gifts from Just John, but they are few and far between. You have a better bet gifting real people that you can find in the friends pages. They're listed in the Helpful Hints thread stickied at the top of the forum.

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Sep 16, 14 7:23 PM
I watch to see which items "John" is requesting......many times they are used in upcoming quest. I try to concentrate on acquiring those items or at least I used to......not any more...my inventory is sad!

hvymtlcttr
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hvymtlcttr on Sep 21, 14 9:40 PM
I think it's uncle john bigfish watching everyone making sure you don't put anything strange in your name, . I put in my name and "waiting 4 update" and john popped in with a bag of kibble, he could have given the squirrel egg but no the cheap kibble.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Sep 21, 14 10:54 PM
Just John surprised me yesterday. The social button was lit up & I found Just John gifting me a Glowing Darkness (yes, it was on my wish list). You could have knocked me over with a feather.

Welsh_wizard23
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Welsh_wizard23 on Sep 22, 14 3:26 AM
I also received a gift from John the other day.
I had heard it might happen but was still surprised.

Go to: