Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 09/16/2014 at 7:06:09 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES you may have for 9 Elefants here

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 16, 14 5:31 AM
The game starts playing great...and then suddenly just stops...and I get the dreaded Violation Error Code. It doesn't make sense. Because it will let me play a little at a time.

I restart the game and it's starts where I left off. Lets me play awhile...and then violation error code...and shuts down. Never had a game quit to this before. I like the game. It's something VERY Different. And that's so refreshing to me. Plus, I love puzzle brain teaser types of games.

Windows Vista...64 bit operating system. Intel R Core (TM) Duo CPU...200Ghz...4 GB

Maybe it has some bugs to be worked out. I'll be contacting in a couple of days. I'll wait to see if anyone else is having any difficulties. It doesn't look like this game is drawing much attention so far.

Edited on 09/16/2014 at 10:44:52 AM PST

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Sep 16, 14 6:35 AM
I get 2 error messages before the game plays (and it play just fine). The error messages are about not being able to write to disc. The the second is that my game will not be saved. Then the game launches.

I've never had this problem with any of the other games I have.

Windows 8

player75
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by player75 on Sep 16, 14 6:41 AM
same here. Starts up great but than the error message & shuts down.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Sep 16, 14 7:05 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Sep 16, 14 11:11 AM
I'm having the same access violation problems, Windows 7 64 bit. I should have known there was trouble when I got an installation fail on the first try. As soon as the initial cut scenes finished, I had violation access errors every few clicks. It's so buggy, I'm not even going to bother trying to make it work. Too bad, it looked like it would be an interesting and different game..

Edited on 09/30/2014 at 1:05:38 PM PST

[Post New]by sadiebugsmom on Sep 16, 14 12:25 PM
I am pretty sure I have Windows 7. For me, 9 Elefants acts as though it has downloaded to my computer (no errors or failure notices). When I try to open the game, though, whether in BF Game Manager or from the icon on my desktop, the little blue circle whirls around for about 20 seconds and then nothing happens. I cannot get into the game at all. Any insights? Thanks!

**Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and it still will not work.**

Edited on 09/16/2014 at 2:41:04 PM PST

hopieq
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hopieq on Sep 16, 14 3:34 PM
Same here. Access Code violation error. Game starts and stops. Operating system Windows 7. Too bad interesting and different game. More puzzle games.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Sep 17, 14 9:20 AM
I have windows 7 and I get the same access code error about every 10 minutes. Strange.

saratt
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by saratt on Sep 17, 14 11:59 AM
I am having the same issues as all the others, I get to play for a little then get a violation error message.

I use windows 7 on a PC

dsik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dsik on Sep 17, 14 12:17 PM
Ditto here too. I was enjoying the puzzles and the uniqueness of the game, but after a while I got the "access code error" and it crashed. This happened repeatedly before I finally gave up. I'm using Windows 7 on a PC. ARRRGGGH - I wanted to buy this game! Please Please Please fix the bug devs! I feel you've got a potentially fun game here. Thanks!

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 18, 14 12:33 AM
I've played till chapter nine and can't count the errorcodes I have gotten so far. Very irritating. And some of the answers are just plain wrong. I also hope there will be an update, since I love puzzles and riddles.
I have Windows 7.

Edited on 09/20/2014 at 12:36:40 AM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 18, 14 8:13 PM
Same issue for me, access violation code and then the game shuts down. It seems to occur for me after I have left a puzzle and come back to it later to solve. Also, occurs more frequently as I progress in the game. Windows 7 for me, too.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Sep 30, 14 1:07 PM
Here it is, almost two weeks later and no input from moderators except the cut and paste standard instructions that do not address developer bugs. I guess this game is too small to be worth BFG's and the developer's time.

[Post New]by sarahd7721 on Oct 2, 14 6:44 AM
i put the correct answer in for multiple puzzles and am told that i did not get it correct, even if the correct answer/picture is showing.

games also crashes

[Post New]by lira_lindriel on Oct 5, 14 4:16 AM
Whenever I try to install the game, Avast pops up that it found a menace in the setup. Please check the installation files for this game.

nannypants
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Many bugs

[Post New]by nannypants on Oct 7, 14 2:29 PM
When I am doing puzzles , there are many bugs. The game starts off great and then when you have to do two or three puzzles to get your (coins, buttons, treasure, etc...) one of the puzzles doesn't work correct. For example the symbols combination puzzle either doesn't show the number right/position right, or it puts too many symbols in a box. You therefore lose and can not get it every correct. Also when doing another puzzle it just stopped and did not let me go back in or get credit. Seems like a cool game but has too many bugs

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 7, 14 10:46 PM
lira_lindriel wrote:Whenever I try to install the game, Avast pops up that it found a menace in the setup. Please check the installation files for this game.

Send a message to Customer Service and be sure to tell them that your antivirus program is giving you a virus report. This happened to me on another game. Avast thinks one of the files in the game might be a virus because of the way it behaves, so it blocks the installation. BFG will contact Avast and they'll correctly identify the file in one of their updates, so you'll be able to install.

[Post New]by simmae on Oct 11, 14 1:28 PM
I've made it to the 9th elephant, but 2 areas - the lady with the cat and the original staring place with the police and the other guy both started level 9 saying "come back later". I've now answered all puzzles correctly in all other places but only have 370/400 - and none of the other areas will let me play. So essentially the game is over for me because I cannot advance past this part. If you create a patch to allow me to get the additional 30 gears and advance, please let me know.

Additionally, as others have reported, a few of the solutions to the puzzles are coded incorrectly. For instance, the puzzle with the first letter and last letter of the number (15 = FN) - the correct solution is TE = 21. However, I had to select 200 to get past the puzzle (after correctly selecting 21 and being told I was wrong). The correct solution shows up after selecting the incorrect option. This happens with Blue Ocean, and one of the "find the" puzzles where you are asked to find a bat or a moon, I believe. And a couple of other times, but I can't remember them without playing it through again. Check your coding ASAP.

And the access violation codes happen often, perhaps once or twice per level.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 12, 14 5:51 PM
Simmae, try checking every area and see if there's a second person/animal that you missed to get those last 30 gears. Some of them have two people and I didn't notice some of them until I was stuck, too. Maybe I just have a bad memory and I'd talked to them before, but I didn't remember the guy playing the bass violin in the scene with the little girl. I accidentally clicked on him and found he had puzzles, too.

The following areas have two characters to talk to:
Kleber (bird woman & taylor)
Alma (girl & bass violin player)
Saint-Louis (dog & baker)
Les Halles (rat catcher & boy)
Goutte D'Or (police & beggar - which you knew about)

Also, for some strange reason, I found that if I just went around collecting film for a while, then I could suddenly talk to someone I hadn't been able to talk to before. I don't know if that will work for you, but maybe? Can't hurt to try. To keep collecting film, you have to back out to the main menu and then go back in to see if there is any to collect. You might have to do it several times, but eventually you'll be able to collect more film.

I hope some of this helps. Good luck!

Edited on 10/12/2014 at 5:58:06 PM PST

Go to: