bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Word Explorer here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Sep 16, 14 7:04 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

trillian
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Word Explorer here!

[Post New]by trillian on Sep 16, 14 8:22 AM
No instructions, no option to turn off that ANNOYING music, no words or letters. Must play with right handed mouse.

All I got was a green field with a camera sitting in it. Clicking on the camera generated a small empty honeycomb.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Sep 16, 14 12:22 PM
Horrible "strobing" effect of background screen - can't see how to make play screen larger to block it. Can't play the game this way - feel like it's going to trigger a seizure or something! Anyone else experience this?

pinkbear022
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by pinkbear022 on Sep 16, 14 2:45 PM
All I got was a field with a camera & a few gold blocks. No letters or directions. I was unable to play.

KCCT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by KCCT on Sep 16, 14 8:13 PM
Strangely, I downloaded this on both my laptops, but it will only work on the old one. I got the same green field background with a camera that other got with my new computer. Something fishy is going on, but this ain't Big Fish-y!

[Post New]by Jaida14 on Sep 16, 14 11:30 PM
Same problem - just a camera making a ticking sound in the middle of a green field and when I click on the camera then a honeycomb appears and then disappears right away. Hmmmm........

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Sep 18, 14 1:32 AM
I have the same problem as everyone else. I'm running Win 7 64-bit. I usually don't have problems with games. This one took FOREVER to DL, the installation failed the first time, it crashed the computer, and then it wouldn't play. Forget it. The music is enough to drive me nuts, too.

F-A-I-L. That's my word for this "game".

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Sep 20, 14 10:52 AM
Hey Everyone,

I noticed that that there's been a bit of trouble with navigating Word Explorer and figuring out how to do certain things within the game like exiting the game and finding the main menu.

In case it's helps, the thread below has some steps on how to close the game.

Hints and tips for playing

bfgLianorm

[Post New]by krossell on Sep 20, 14 4:24 PM
Did you wonder why there are only 3 reviews...no one else could get it to run!!! I have been a bfg customer for over 8 years, and usually have no trouble playing games. I love (x 5) word games, and this is the first one in ages.... but after a very long download it won't run correctly. I am so-o-o-o disappointed.

I also am getting the background strobe effect (full screen mode not available/didn't work). And then could not exit without using task manager.

Not up to your usual quality control bfg!!

[Post New]by rmsager325 on Sep 23, 14 1:21 PM
I am having the same problem everyone else is. I am running Windows 7 and have even tried to uninstall and reinstall to no effect. Just a camera in a wooded field that has honeycombs appear when you click on it (and then fade away when you stop clicking). No instructions. No buttons really do anything, except ctl+alt+del, which I had to use to exit the program. I was excited to see a word game, but this has left me very disappointed.

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Sep 23, 14 11:55 PM
I have the same problems as mentioned above.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 25, 14 9:38 AM
Hey there,

I'm sorry to see some of you are having trouble with getting the game to run! For first steps, I definitely recommend checking out the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue continues, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention. I truly hope our Reps can get the game working for you

bfgVaiya

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Sep 29, 14 3:05 PM
I was having the same problem as others have posted about on here.

I decided to have a go at reinstalling very recently (sorry don't remember which day) & I'm not sure if uninstalled first because it was no longer in my GM to uninstall then but I don't remember uninstalling it previously.

And now it works... not sure why now, since no mention here of new version or anything.

Having said that, I don't think I'm going to be that thrilled by it but at least it's working for me now and I will give it another chance another day when I have more time to play.

Go to: