repair of boat

[Post New]by patinmass77 on Sep 16, 14 2:20 PM
I am nearing the end and need to repair the boat to go down the river. The hint points to the bottom of the boat near the front but I don't know what to do. I have 2 oars, the can of hardener, a wood file and the baby experiment jar. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

Re:repair of boat

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Sep 17, 14 10:35 AM
patinmass, this wasn't easy by any means. I've put the direction I've used below using the spoiler. Just use your cursor to read between the words spoiler.

Spoiler: First I had to use the flashlight on the big hole in the wall behind the skeleton to get the linen bag that's needed. Then I had to move the boat support where the hint shows the circle. Keep moving your cursor till you find the support and it stays still (it's like a U-shape. Then I believe I had to put the two oars in the boat. Then, I think, I had to find the directions, which were in the water near the entrance to the room, kinda directly across the room from the skeleton. Once you have the directions, you'll have to go to another part of the game where the big pile of sand is to get some sand into the linen bag. Then back to the boat, where you can finally use the catalyzer you should have (at this point I think the hint will tell you where to find the catalyzer). You have to use the catalyzer, the wood file and the can of hardener (I'm sorry I don't remember the exact order, but the directions will tell you explicitly. By this time, the only thing you should have in your inventory is the baby experiment. That should do it. Spoiler

foxlyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by foxlyn on Sep 20, 14 3:57 PM
Thank you! Nothing was working. I missed the linen bag and didn't even notice it in the instructions. I didn't want to give up this close to the end. Thanks for saving me!

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Sep 23, 14 10:35 AM
I dont understandddddd! Ive tried this a million times and the game wont even let me put the oars in the boat let alone put in the sawdust OR catalyst. I found a video walkthrough and have watched THAT a million times too. I guess I havent moved the boat support but I cant even find it to move it. There was a small plank or somethin already in the boat scene and I replaced that but the game wont let me do anything else with this boat. Can someone PLEASEEEE help me? Thanks

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Sep 23, 14 4:49 PM
Nevermind. Took me forever but I finally figured it out. Thanks anyway

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 23, 14 5:11 PM
Hi Sablesshadow,

I was just swimming by and wanted to thank you for taking the time to post those steps and for making it in white text since it does involve spoilers.

Cheers!

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by survivor1061 on Jan 29, 15 12:15 AM
I'm having the same problem, but I don't know where the catalyst is please help

Go to: