Please also include which operating system you are using

Edited on 09/17/2014 at 4:48:47 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES you may have for 9 Clues: The Ward here

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 14 12:47 AM
Over the last couple of days I have a lot of problems with this site. I keep getting disconnected from BF, getting to a blank page saying that IE can't display the page.

I also have problems getting from forum to forum, and it takes an age to download the whole page.

I tried to download this game when it came out 45 minutes ago, but the message on my GM said that this game is not available. I just tried again, and my Norton virusscan went red, telling me nobody has downloaded it - meaning that I shouldn't trust it until others have downloaded the game. Anyway... I don't have this problem with other sites, so I thought I'd mention it.

Don't know whether I am the only one, but it started yesterday or the day before that.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 17, 14 1:00 AM
Hi Valdy,

Maybe it is Norton being 'naughty' again? I use Avast (I think, lol) and the game just completed downloading. Extremely quickly!

Hopefully there won't be any problems in playing it

But, I have had some trouble in the last few days in getting websites to load - including this one, but just put it down to common internet glitches

Jen

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 17, 14 1:31 AM
Valdy,no problems here.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 14 2:11 AM
Thanks for your input, Dobbie.

--- --- ---

mamajay wrote:Hi Valdy,

Maybe it is Norton being 'naughty' again? I use Avast (I think, lol) and the game just completed downloading. Extremely quickly!

Hopefully there won't be any problems in playing it

Thanks Mamajay... Yes, if I am the first one to download a new game, Norton always warns me that no one else with Norton has yet downloaded it, and therefore they don't have enough info on the game to give me the go-ahead. It's just a precaution on their part. Got to love 'em. LOL

But, I have had some trouble in the last few days in getting websites to load - including this one, but just put it down to common internet glitches

Jen

I am glad to see that someone else has trouble with getting this site loaded. Well, not glad, but it's good to know I am not the only one. LOL
Even though I get quickly onto BF, when I want to move around, it's extremely slow, and even cuts off to a blank page.
This only happened over the last couple of days, and I don't have this problem with other sites, otherwise I would have thought that it was my internet connection, which is crap, granted, where I live at the moment, but I don't have the extremes I get with BF all of a sudden.

ETA: At the moment, the loading time is a little faster now than it was when I wrote my first post. It seems to come and go. Does BF need more space for us all to be on here at the same time?

more ETA: Err... no, I was wrong. Sorry. It only lasted for about a minute. Now I am getting slo-mo again.

Edited on 09/17/2014 at 2:18:21 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 17, 14 2:20 AM
Hi Valdy,

Your not alone...I've been having the same problems. I don't have Norton. I thought it might have been my sever...but now I know it's this site.

Your not alone my friend!
Lisa

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 17, 14 4:49 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 17, 14 12:08 PM
To all who have posted download problems.

You are not alone Just kidding with the alien thing. I highly recommend each of you contact BFG through the "HELP', "CONTACT US" area. The more people who alert them to an issue, the bigger chance it will get looked into. MODS on this "tech thread" really can't do anything (sorry, MODS, not a diss to you). And, please don't delete this reply, only trying to be helpful.

When you contact BFG, be extremely detailed in your problem and any troubleshooting you have done. Attach both a Dr. Felix Report and a DxDiag Report as Dr. Felix apparently only looks at the Game Manager. Also, include what operating system you use (I am Windows 7).

I have had issues with this site as well. I don't know what's up at BFG lately but it appears things have been changing, and, unfortunately, not always for the better.

I hope this helps you all. I would have PM'd you but there were so many!

Have a lovely day. Oh, I downloaded with no problem and played with no problem - great game - check out my review at the game site please.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 14 6:12 PM
The loading of pages is much better right now (my early Thursday morning), and I am downloading the game now.

But yesterday, it took forever for the pages to load, and - even while I was in a middle of writing a post - the page I was on turned into a blank "IE can't display website" page. As I said, it's much better today, at least this morning - my morning. Lets see how it goes the rest of the day.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 17, 14 7:19 PM
Valdy wrote:The loading of pages is much better right now (my early Thursday morning), and I am downloading the game now.

But yesterday, it took forever for the pages to load, and - even while I was in a middle of writing a post - the page I was on turned into a blank "IE can't display website" page. As I said, it's much better today, at least this morning - my morning. Lets see how it goes the rest of the day.

Since we're talking about "tech issues" on this thread. Have had that problem myself in the past. So glad it's getting somewhat better so you can demo this fine game. Um, Lordy, Valdy, where IS your morning? As I read this, it's only 9 pmish Wednesday night for me. "Hmmm." Another hemisphere perhaps.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 14 8:06 PM
No, same hemisphere just very far east.

Game downloaded fine, and played fine. No problems there. And the loading of pages is still not up to par, but much better than I had it over tha last 2 days.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Sep 17, 14 9:08 PM
Isn't it this week that many sites and servers are running some deliberate slows to demonstrate what will happen if the FCC fails to reclassify the Internet as a public utility?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 18, 14 12:11 AM
No idea, underwriter. But we have had a new modem from a different provider installed today, and Bob's your Uncle. Everything works much better now.

enerald
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by enerald on Sep 18, 14 4:00 PM
Downloading now; slow as a wet week!!! Also noticed yesterday, went into Purchase History & SUDDENLY NOT ONE of my games is showing as installed - ALL are showing "Download" .... huh @_@! (They go back to around Feb 2007????)

Correction: Now showing "Install Now" --- @_@ ????

Edited on 09/18/2014 at 4:03:12 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 14 8:51 PM
Just wanted to add that although I am no longer experiencing being cut off from the site and land on the "IE can't display website", many times during the day it takes still a while until the pages here load. Not so much the main game pages, but the forum pages. That makes me wonder if BF has enough bandwidth for all of us when a lot of people seem to be on here.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Feb 13, 15 10:26 PM
Mac 10.6.8: Game won't open in this format. Blocked by dreaded psychedelic screen.

The missing wheelchair

[Post New]by DocCovington on Aug 9, 15 8:38 PM
I've noticed a graphic bug. It occured both times I played through the game so it is a bug indeed.

In the scene where you return with the duct tape to fix the wheelchair, the wheelchair is not displayed (a.k.a. invisible) until you zoom in to fix it and then zoom out again.

Here is a screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497217078

Edited on 08/09/2015 at 8:39:21 PM PST

Go to: