Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Artist and The Pretender Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 18, 14 12:38 AM
Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/18/2014 at 6:31:11 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Artist and The Pretender Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Sep 18, 14 6:31 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Artist and The Pretender Collector's Edition

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Sep 18, 14 8:30 AM
Lately with a lot of the games I want to try out, all I get a black screen, I can hear the audio playing but no video. A couple of weeks ago I was working with a tech for the same problem with 4 games and none of them in the end worked. Again same problem with this game. I am running windows 7 64 bit. I know I could run Dr. Felix and try to get this game working also but feel its a bit of a waste of time.

alfresco
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by alfresco on Sep 18, 14 9:31 AM
Windows 8.1 The game locks up every 30 seconds or so. Not sure if this is something specific to my new laptop. But no warnings or errors reported, the game just locks and I have to use Ctrl/Alt/Del to start over. Then I can play another 30 seconds, then lockup again.

Anigisdi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

CAN'T PLAY ANY ERS GAMES, SCREEN HAS LINES AND CURSOR FLIES AROUND AIMLESSLY

[Post New]by Anigisdi on Sep 18, 14 9:44 AM
Using: Toshiba laptob satellite, windows 8.1,

Lately EVERY ERS GAME will not work on my computer. When I bring up the game, all I see is lines flashing like the screen is broken, the cursor cannot be controlled and I have to hit control/alt/del to bring up task manager to stop the game. I've uninstalled game manager and the games then reinstalled, but it doesn't help. It's frustrating because I like ERS games and would love to play them. Does anyone have any idea why this is occurring? No other company's games do this. ????????

[Post New]by OhVisibleFig on Sep 18, 14 10:20 AM
I've also been experiencing issues with download games on a laptop running 8.1, with all updates. This time I disabled the custom cursor and played a bit, but after the third C-A-D, I'm now faced with a corrupted profile. I'm seriously contemplating terminating my game club after 8 years of membership. And I need to rethink my profile name, which is an anagram of "I love Big Fish."

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Sep 18, 14 12:43 PM
I too have a screen freezing problem with this & so MANY BFG. What's going on?

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Sep 18, 14 7:56 PM
Once again another game that will not play for me! It says the video card error again and I have all new updates on everything!! GRRRRRRRRRR NOT VERY HAPPY LATELY WITH BFG ..... .....But the reviews don't look very good on those that ARE ABLE to play it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Sep 18, 14 9:02 PM
I'm having problems with the diving suit. the little bag wont hang anywhere. I've tried the hint and placing it exactly where it points - no go. BFG can you please send an update of the game glitch?

I'm using a Mac with Maverick.
thanks

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

BLACK SCREEN

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Sep 20, 14 3:42 AM
I am running windows 8.1 all I get is a black screen when I try tto play this game not happy as I have paid for it please resolve this issue

JoeBuddha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Artist and The Pretender Collector's Editio

[Post New]by JoeBuddha on Sep 20, 14 9:02 AM
Everything works fine for me except the close-up box. The cursor changes and I can pick up stuff, but the graphics are missing. I can only see the background in the box. (The round box)
This is on my windows box, and it's bad enough to make the game unplayable. Too bad; looked petty good.

Edited on 09/20/2014 at 4:17:38 PM PST

[Post New]by bunnytoday1 on Sep 20, 14 1:10 PM
Why is it some of the BIG FISH games don't load!! This is one of them!! I have tried every thing to make these games work even Dr. Felix has no solutions!!! My IT support says it is the game not my system! Good Luck if you get this game to load!!

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on Sep 20, 14 3:18 PM
Can't continue with the demo. I keep getting stuck at the first HOG scene (where you get the mechanical goat). I manage to do everything, but once the goat is assembled, I click on it, and the game doesn't register that. I tried reinstalling, making another profile, but it's simply a glitch within the game. Seems that I have to wait and see if there's an update, because I can't move forward.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Sep 21, 14 5:06 AM
I'm in the library & the Strategy Guide says to Move the Ladder. Nothing I click anywhere seems to work, no moving ladder. Is this a glitch? There's a thread already created with others having the same issue.

[Post New]by kittykittybang on Sep 21, 14 1:30 PM
keep getting a runtime error and the game ends. I am operating on windows 8. un-installed and re-installed still have same issue. The runtime error always happen when they hide in the closet.

[Post New]by s_WHITEHORSE on Sep 21, 14 2:18 PM
I tried the demo twice, but had the same problem. When I get to the chessboard, there are only 4 pieces (including the pawn) on the board, but 5 pieces in the drawing, so I can't go further. I am running Windows 7 64-bit on a Lenovo computer.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 21, 14 2:24 PM
AussieMoo wrote:I'm in the library & the Strategy Guide says to Move the Ladder. Nothing I click anywhere seems to work, no moving ladder. Is this a glitch? There's a thread already created with others having the same issue.
Someone else figured this out - you can't move the ladder until you've done the jigsaw puzzle in the book on the table on the left.

Highlight for a spoiler:
Walk down to the square and play the find the differences puzzle to get the medallion opening the book.

(thanks for the solution, Teklabelle! )

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Sep 21, 14 7:34 PM
Spot on, Severine! Many thanks, and to Teklabelle.

[Post New]by kaspersd on Sep 27, 14 11:04 AM
I am on Mac OS 10.9.5 and the game runs until I pick up the Madonna painting. Then the character says "Is that a real Da Vinci" and the game kicks me out. The menu asking me if I want to send the error comes up.

I have reloaded the game, checked Apple updates, and Adobe updates. That is everything your support forum suggests.

What do you suggest?

[Post New]by stella0730 on Sep 30, 14 7:14 PM
I too am having trouble with this game and others since I purchased my new computer one month ago. I am running Windows 8 and resisted upgrading to 8.1 after reading some of the issues. I can at least play for about 15-20 mins before it "crashes" I can hear the music and sound effects if I click the mouse. I want to purchase the new Grim Façade but I am a little leary. Any updates coming or am I doomed to not play BF games, I'll go through withdrawl...

PS I have uninstalled and reinstalled w/o success

OOPS, I meant I want to purchase Danse Macabre

Edited on 09/30/2014 at 7:18:29 PM PST

Go to: