HELP!!!! flour power answer?

[Post New]by tollermama on Sep 18, 14 5:41 PM
Anyone know how to figure out the kg of flour that was actually thrown away? I can't progress until I get it. Anyone have a good method of actually catching those nasty little film clips? Thanks!

Re:HELP!!!! flour power answer?

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 18, 14 8:51 PM
I'm stuck on this one, too. So NOT the math person. I looked at the video the developer has on youtube and of course, they had different and easier puzzles to solve for this section In any case, I can tell you what it isn't, lol. I tried the method someone posted for puzzles similar to this one and it didn't work. They answer is not 5kg. It is also not 190 or 10 or 390.

I don't seem to have a problem usually getting the film. I am using a mouse and my notebook. What has worked for me is to not look indepth at the scene. Then once I get adjusted to the scene, click on the camera and then wait. Usually a noise sounds when the film is about to appear so I know to watch for it. I usually keep my mouse on the center of the screen. I've only missed out on those that are way at the top this way. Also, if you go to the scenes enough, they seem to have a pattern to them as to where the film shows up. I just wish the film opportunities came more. Of course, with the problem of the flour, it doesn't really matter as there are no multiple choice answers and with the number of combinations you could guess at, you would be here for years and still not get the correct answer.

Edited on 09/18/2014 at 8:53:28 PM PST

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 19, 14 4:55 AM
The flour weighs 195 kilo.

When trying to catch a film I would move my mouse in (slow) circles over the different holes. In doing this I would not rest my wrist on anything, thus being able to move the mouse quicker. I never play with sound, but you can see when the film is going to appear. Good luck in finding a way that works for you .

Edited on 09/19/2014 at 8:12:44 AM PST

skyepearl
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by skyepearl on Sep 19, 14 8:30 AM
That was me who posted a way to solve "these kinds" of problems. Guess I further confused instead of helped. Sorry.

In my examples, they gave you the same kinds of numbers to work with. They gave you the total & you had to figure out the individual numbers that added up to that. This time they give you the individual numbers & you have to get the total. IIRC,the crate weighs 200 & the flour is 190 more, so the total is 390. Divide that by 2 & you get 195.

If it makes anyone feel better, it confused the heck out of me too at first.

And, a tip for increasing film strip availability....try exiting to the main menu & then returning to the map immediately. I've done that with a decent success rate. Sometimes it takes a couple of times, but it usually prompts a location or two to generate film strips.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 19, 14 10:53 AM
skyepearl, you weren't confusing at all. In fact, you helped me get through some of the puzzles already! I would not have been able had you not posted what you have. Thank you

I am finding I am having to exit and go back into the game frequently simply because the game keeps "error access coding" me out. It seems to happen more when I have multiple films that are up for grabs. Not so dire that I can't play, but it is extremely irritating to play, though. I will try your tip as I am now in the catacombs and needing more film.

Edited on 09/19/2014 at 10:59:36 AM PST

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 19, 14 1:41 PM
rosie28sammy wrote:
I am finding I am having to exit and go back into the game frequently simply because the game keeps "error access coding" me out. It seems to happen more when I have multiple films that are up for grabs. Not so dire that I can't play, but it is extremely irritating to play, though. I will try your tip as I am now in the catacombs and needing more film.

I've had that too. Finally getting a film grabbing chance and then the 'error' comes . I do hope they will update this game.

arabeyya
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by arabeyya on Sep 24, 14 10:29 PM
The problem with this puzzle is that it's poorly phrased.... it says "the crate weighs 200 kg" but what it means is "the FULL crate weighs..." or "the crate and the flour together weigh..."

Because quite frankly, the way it is actually written, the correct answer SHOULD be 390 kg. But that's not what they meant - and given that in the rest of the problems similar to this one, they didn't use vague language like this (so far in my experience, that is), I think that they just screwed up on this one.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 25, 14 4:52 AM
arabeyya wrote:The problem with this puzzle is that it's poorly phrased.... it says "the crate weighs 200 kg" but what it means is "the FULL crate weighs..." or "the crate and the flour together weigh..."

Because quite frankly, the way it is actually written, the correct answer SHOULD be 390 kg. But that's not what they meant - and given that in the rest of the problems similar to this one, they didn't use vague language like this (so far in my experience, that is), I think that they just screwed up on this one.

Go to: