wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Chess Piece

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Sep 18, 14 5:42 PM
I am having trouble finding the pawn. I pulled out a piece from the bookshelf but there is still another piece missing. Can't seem to find out where it is. Can anyone help? I'm sure it's something silly but I can't proceed without help.

Thank you.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Chess Piece

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 19, 14 3:46 AM
**SPOILER**

There is only one chess piece you need to place: the pawn inside the cylinder on the bookshelf. The other three pieces are already on the board.

[Post New]by Hidden_Lady on Sep 19, 14 5:53 PM
I found the pawn and set out the pieces as in the clue. However in the clue there seems to be another piece! With only 4 pieces the puzzle won't complete

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 19, 14 7:13 PM
Check to make sure you have the pieces in the right place. There is one piece that looked to me at first like it was in the back, but it was not. My eyes were playing tricks on me.

[Post New]by Jill01 on Sep 21, 14 10:06 AM
I have the same problem. The clue shows 5 pieces. I put 4 in the right place. It doesn't work. When I hit "hint", it just refers to the clue,

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 21, 14 2:15 PM
There really are only supposed to be 4 pieces - at least there were in my game.

Imagine the board is numbered like this:
A B C D

Move the pieces like this:

Queen from B1 to D1.
Knight from A2 to C3.
Pawn from C4 to B3.
Whatever that last piece is (looks like a bishop, moves like a rook): D2 to A2.

Debbi190
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Debbi190 on Sep 21, 14 8:38 PM
I am having the same problem, I need 5 pieces to complete the game and I only have 4. I checked the SG and they show only finding 1 piece. Without the other piece I cant go on. I hope there is a fix for this problem. This is the second game I have bought that I cant play because of problems.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 22, 14 4:03 AM
Again - there is no 5th piece. I just redownloaded and reinstalled the game and played the first chapter, and there really are only 4 pieces: 3 already on the board and one from the book shelf.

If it's not working for you, you may not have moved the pieces correctly. See my post above.

If you are sure you placed them as I explained and the drawer doesn't open, you have a bug. But the bug is not that you only have 4 pieces when you think you should have 5.

cjones357
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by cjones357 on Sep 22, 14 7:52 PM
You have to look very carefully at the hint in the strategy guide. It looks like there are five pieces but there are only 4. Make sure the pieces are on the right colors and in the right positions. The piece causing the trouble I think is the tall piece the needs to come right up behind or beside the bishop. I think what's confusing is a shadow or part of the other pieece interfering with the bishop.
Hope this helps...

Go to: