TGT: Between the Worlds

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

TGT: Between the Worlds

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 5, 09 12:14 AM
Hidden Object game! Downloading now.

I remember doing the beta test for this and NOT being impressed, but that was several months ago so perhaps it will be better now.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Re:TGT: Between the Worlds

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 5, 09 12:16 AM
This game got all bad reviews over at gamezebo (1-2 stars average). I beta tested it long ago and can't remember what I thought of it.

I wonder if they fixed all the glitches?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 5, 09 12:16 AM
Hi lordkavlan
I am downloading it too. The find 10 bullet screen shot made me go hmmmmmmm (hate finding same thing over and over) but it sounds worth a try.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 5, 09 12:19 AM
I'll be curious to read what you all think of this game. The first hidden-object screen left me underwhelmed, but that's hardly anything to judge an entire game by. I will await your impressions.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Apr 5, 09 12:20 AM
If memory serves me correctly - demo'ed it before and the TIMER was not optional and items hard to find! But giving it another go!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 5, 09 12:21 AM
Another fishie who beta'd the game and was not impressed. But I've downloaded it again and will see if a second go at will change my mind. I'm not very hopeful about that happening.

Back already to admit I couldn't get past the first scene. This game just does not work for me in so many way's. Deleted and won't be giving it a third try.

Edited on 04/05/2009 at 1:04:38 AM PST

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Apr 5, 09 12:24 AM
Downloading now, so will wait and see.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 5, 09 12:24 AM
This definitely isn't worth me losing sleep over at any rate. Gnight fishies!

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Apr 5, 09 1:24 AM
Someone tell me about that timer. If it's true that you can't turn it off, I won't even bother with the demo. Thanks.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Apr 5, 09 1:27 AM
Hi Slm1948 - just played 20 minutes of it and it does not seem to have the timer anymore (can BF remove it?) - if that is so it makes it a little better but the graphics are not that amazing. Hoping no timer appears later on. J.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 5, 09 1:28 AM
Liked the scenery, thought the music funky (though it would probably get on your nerves after a bit), but the graphics were so grainy and the hint gauge too slow. I spent most of the demo waiting for it to fill up. And I don't like it when the objects are ambiguous. I mean, when is a mousetrap not a trap? AND, above all: I can handle being stumped by butterflies, grasshoppers and feathers (especially feathers), BUT when you can't find the watermelon in the first scene, you are doomed. I won't be buying.

Edited on 04/05/2009 at 1:53:46 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 5, 09 1:40 AM
Finished the Demo. Hated it at first but it began to grow on me. It has good points and bad points:

GOOD
No Timer
Have a Click Fest, no pwnalty for random clicking.
Most objects large enough.
Simple Minis
Cute male detective made me drool

BAD
Simple Minis, depends on what you like, could be Good or Bad
Broken Record music, had to mute it after only a few minuts of play.
Some dark items on dark backgrounds. This is tempered by "Click Fest".
Several items almost off screen. A change in res did not remedy this, they
were still so far on the edge as to be nearly unfindable.

I'll stop the lists but they could probably be added to. The scenes all look as though the items were dropped from above with some landing on high spots and most ending in a pile on the bottom of the screen. I winder if there is game software that actually does a kind of "Drop" distribution?

Am on the fence. After 5 min. it was I persisted and now it is more like

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 5, 09 1:45 AM
Hmmmm, sounds like may not be so good? And it looked so promising! I downloaded it now, and I'll add my opinion to the thread after I try it.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 5, 09 2:09 AM
Add me to the list of . Too bad, really, I was hoping for a HOG I liked.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 5, 09 2:45 AM
I tried, it didn't seem that bad to me, and I haven't finished the trial but need to get some sleep, will get back to later. The graphics seemed pretty good, the objects are well hidden for the most part, the secrets aren't very secret, but other than that I found it to be an ok game, not the best, but not bad either.

Ok, another point, there's a white cat with pink nose in the first scene and the third and others, it looked like the cartoon version of my snowball, so I like that too!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 5, 09 2:56 AM
Reeeeally not feeling good tonite so not up to full blown review of this one, and after skimming the posts above sounds like it's pretty much been covered. Nothing terribly wrong with this, just nothing terribly right either. I got bored with it at about the 30 minute mark. I demoed it elswhere some time ago and I coulda sworn there was a timer, but not any more, so that's good. I have lost all patience with jumbled HOs where they consider throwing stuff in a pile as hidden. The premise of shifting between the everyday world and fantasy one is interesting, but in that first 1/2 hour didn't really seem to go anywhere. Art is ok, music is eh, minis are easy. Like I said, not bad, but not good. Will pass unless I'm really desperate. No Poodle rating as nothing to really thumbs down, but don't feel it rates a thumbs up either. So I guess it's one of these?

EDIT: I did want to add a few plus points - minis are skippable and there's a refillable hint. Oh, and I did like opening things to look for stuff.

Edited on 04/05/2009 at 2:59:37 AM PST

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Apr 5, 09 3:42 AM
Its a from this . Hints take too long to charge up, items are too hard to find, all in all tedious. Going back to replay HE Amazon!

queets
Manatee
Manatee
3,701 Posts

[Post New]by queets on Apr 5, 09 3:47 AM
Downloading will give it a try

[Post New]by renatemunro on Apr 5, 09 3:58 AM
How do you get to Beta test games before they are released and what are you people doing up at 2 o'clock in the morning?
I'm a die hard HO gamer too and I can't wait until morning to see what BigFish has released. I wish I could know ahead of time that certain large file or HO games were coming from BF so I won't get them elsewhere. I actually paid big bucks for a couple of excellent games only to see them released by BF a couple of weeks later.
Well off to have my first coffee of the day and try this one out. Thanks for all the comments.
RM

[Post New]by renatemunro on Apr 5, 09 4:00 AM
Now I'm replying to myself. I just saw that the time on my post was 3 something am but my computer says 7 am. What's with that?
RM

Go to: