catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

CE or SE?

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 19, 14 2:29 AM
Which one did you pick and why? What would you recommend to others?

Personal thoughts:
Game was far too easy to purchase. Story was nice though. I'd recommend the SE because of minimal CE Extras.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

Re:CE or SE?

[Post New]by tesamoine on Sep 19, 14 6:29 AM
If I had liked the game, I would have gone for the SE over the CE. Nothing outstanding to make it CE worthy. I did not like the game at all, so will be purchasing neither. I think it's time this series was laid to rest.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 19, 14 8:31 AM
I'm in the minority, I guess, because I really liked the game. IMO, I think those who HAVEN'T played the previous games in this series, like me, will enjoy this game. Whereas, those who are diehard PuppetShow fans will not like this game at all. Too bad - so sad .

I played both the CE and the SE versions. I think the CE Bling offered (other than the usual fare) was weak and not worthy of a CE price. Nor did it interest me enough to purchase the CE. Collecting not-so-well hidden piggy banks to retrieve coins that are then used to "fix" up 2 notable landmarks? Nah. No real collectibles, morphing objects, nothing to grab my interest.

Therefore, since I DID thoroughly enjoy the game, I will get the SE version on Bonus Punch Monday with a coupon.

Hope this helps in your decision.

mai66
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by mai66 on Sep 19, 14 10:18 AM
mrm2006 wrote:
Therefore, since I DID thoroughly enjoy the game, I will get the SE version on Bonus Punch Monday with a coupon.

If I remember right, they don´t give you an extra punch on mondays, if you use a coupon to buy a game.

[Post New]by glendalekid on Sep 19, 14 10:35 AM
Since they stopped giving a punch for using a coupon, on Tuesday through Sunday you would not get any punch for the coupon, but on Monday you would get one punch for the bonus.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 19, 14 11:17 AM
I agree with glendalekid - to cut my costs because I only buy CEs that I really like, plus I also try to buy them when there's 2 for 1 sale or something similar, it results in me receiving a PCC which IMO is only to be used on a Monday game.

My problem is that if I don't like any of the SE games my PCC expires (what a waste), so I really do wish that BFG would consider to letting us use 2 (or even 3) PCCs for a CE game.

Dax

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 19, 14 11:42 AM
mai66 wrote:mrm2006 wrote:

If I remember right, they don´t give you an extra punch on mondays, if you use a coupon to buy a game.

Actually, although you are correct, if you use a coupon given to you by BFG, you get at least ONE punch and sometimes TWO. Never have been able to figure out why sometimes 1 and others 2 but who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth? LOL

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 19, 14 11:45 AM
Daxadillion wrote:My problem is that if I don't like any of the SE games my PCC expires (what a waste), so I really do wish that BFG would consider to letting us use 2 (or even 3) PCCs for a CE game.

Dax

Dax,

If you contact BFG through the "HELP", "CONTACT US" and mention that your PCC is expiring and you haven't had an opportunity to use it, you can request a "replacement" coupon and one "should" be issued to you. I've contacted them a day or two after a code has expired and gotten a new one issued.

So, good luck.

Susan

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Sep 19, 14 12:24 PM
I like the general "creep factor" that has been added to the PuppetShow series.

On the other hand, the play was way too easy. Therefore, I am concerned the game will have the fatal combination of being too short and not much fun.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 19, 14 7:33 PM
steve_san wrote:I like the general "creep factor" that has been added to the PuppetShow series.

On the other hand, the play was way too easy. Therefore, I am concerned the game will have the fatal combination of being too short and not much fun.

I will certainly let you know cuz I be gettin' it.

Go to: