PAGAS - Cone of Shame

[Post New]by Heidi_1213 on Sep 19, 14 11:35 PM
First, I really enjoyed the cone of shame quest and hope to see more pet training quests from PAGAS.

But I have to know... what does the writing on the signs say? Is it deliberately ambiguous or something funny? I know I need new glasses (I do, actually), but I just couldn't make it out.

Thanks!

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

PAGAS - Cone of Shame

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Sep 20, 14 2:12 AM
Hi Heidi!!

I can only see one sign and it says 'SAVE THE JUNGLE'.

I think this is a come-back of the protestors we had to gather during that event, don't remember which one, where Nate wanted to be king...

Love the idea of leveling pets up more quickly! Good one, devs!!!

Edited on 09/20/2014 at 4:47:00 AM PST

LilFae
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:PAGAS - Cone of Shame

[Post New]by LilFae on Sep 20, 14 9:24 AM
Kudos to the developers!!! Thank you for helping us to level our plethora of pets. I have many stuck at level 15 (from those pet treats), and have been working on collecting all the new ones... plus doubles to turn into dna for special pets.

Very happy to receive any help in leveling pets!! Thank you again!!

[Post New]by engineermotie on Sep 21, 14 12:39 PM
It was a fun quest, but apparently hastily-constructed. The NPCs who got "whacked" didn't ever actually lose their cones of shame, and were obviously recycled from past quests.

broccoflower
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by broccoflower on Sep 22, 14 9:16 AM
Hastily constructed indeed. Apparently the town crier doesn't know about it yet, as he's not including the PAGAS daily quests in his daily cooldown notice . I'm sure he will soon, though ...

Otherwise, a fun new quest and I appreciate that my pet can now level up a bit faster.

kittychix
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by kittychix on Sep 22, 14 10:05 AM
We had a Cone of Shame quest previously, but then it was just "whack to find."
Town Crier will know about the Dailies with the next update!

=^.^=
CNE Community Manager

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Sep 23, 14 9:11 PM
PAGAS Dailies Stuck at quest 3?
It started out with the cones, then came the collars and as 3rd quest are the leashes. Now I'm stuck at the leashes for the 3rd day. The blog says there would be 6 differing dailies with an achievment at the end.

Could someone take a look on that? I would gladly also repeat quest 1 and 2, I collected enough leashes now so that I could put all of my nearly 90 pets on a leash if I would be allowed to keep them

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Sep 24, 14 6:20 AM
Hi zitronenfalter (what a lovely name btw )

I got the leash quest twice in a row as well, but it moved on to a different one today.
The quests get reset daily at a specific time, much like the AI quests or small energy packs. Because this site is mainly used by Americans, this is naturally done to suit them.
Considering your name I assume you are at UTC+1, so there can be discrepancies.
If you play more than once a day and get through your dailies quickly, you are likely to pick up the same quest again the next time. I'm pretty sure this is because your personal reset counter is 20 hrs and the reset time for the next quest is 24 hrs. Happens to me all the time here at UTC0.

I personally think the double-up was a glitch - but if you keep getting the leash quest it may be a good thing to open a ticket.

Edited on 09/24/2014 at 7:02:21 AM PST

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Sep 24, 14 7:38 AM
Thx
Yor were right. I got a new quest today

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Sep 24, 14 1:33 PM
Hi rob_nobody,

Thanks for explaining the reset counters for quests and energy packs.

I am at UTC-7 and have wondered why energy packs reset for 20 hours or 24 hours. Is the Server at UTC-8?

Just curious.

Thanks again.

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Sep 24, 14 3:31 PM
Hi Discus3

the small energy packs reset at around ten past eight every morning here.

Curiosity rarely fails to bait me, so I checked for you: The developers are based in Victoria, B.C., Canada, so that means they are in your time zone.

Happy whacking!

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Sep 24, 14 8:32 PM
Thanks Rob.

Still a bit confused though.

I used my last small energy pack at 1950 UTC-7. They reset for 4 hours.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Sep 24, 14 9:03 PM
I wasn't aware of the quest reset, but I did notice there were days that I would get the same quests. My energy packs reset at midnight for me.

LilFae
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by LilFae on Mar 10, 15 7:17 AM
So the other day, I'm doing the Cones of Shame quest for Vincent and I had to stop to wonder for a moment:

Who the heck is "some guy just stuck this on my head"? I whack this poor person with the cone on his head and he tells me again "Some guy just stuck this on my head". Who? WHO?

Was it Nate? This would be the obvious culprit, as we know that Nate has absolutely no scruples at all. But then I had to wonder, Vincent comes up with all of these daily quests for us, he has to stay in the business of giving out quests.... could he be so devious as thumping these poor unsuspecting folks with cones? Hmmmm...

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Mar 10, 15 12:27 PM
A note about quests for Vincent at PAGAS.

If you get Critter Chasing and have a companion at maximum level, equip one at a lower level, to level it up. Slow, but sure.

Before turning in Cones of Shame to Vincent, equip a companion at a lower level to receive 250 points to level it up faster. Also, slow but sure.

I think this applies to all PAGAS quests - not certain. Need more

Hope this helps someone.

Edited to add this: I got my only companion with odds to win puzzle pieces up to level 25 using these methods. Plus one Level 10 pet treat. Plus whacking bushes.

Edited on 03/10/2015 at 2:09:58 PM PST

[Post New]by iamadudette on Mar 11, 15 5:04 AM
Hmmm, I've just been sticking to the one pet until he's levelled to max. Only then do I choose a new pet.

I'm at level 192 and only have 2 pets at max level, working on my third. Should I be changing my strategy?

Go to: