Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 20, 14 12:49 AM
Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/20/2014 at 6:31:01 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Sep 20, 14 2:19 AM
Another game that doesn't work. I got to the Dragon's Den and got stuck.I tried adding the dragon scale and the rose quartz to the fire a hundred times. They would not add, despite the strategy guide saying that this was what I had to do.

I got to the point where there was literally nothing else that I could do and there was no way to move on. So I gave up. It wasn't worth it.

I have Windows Vista, but I'll tell you right now--IT'S NOT MY OPERATING SYSTEM. My operating system works fine when the games do as well!

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Sep 20, 14 2:23 AM
The game also signed me out of every single account I have, including BFG. I didn't need that, either.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Sep 20, 14 4:55 AM
Rhysdux wrote:Another game that doesn't work. I got to the Dragon's Den and got stuck.I tried adding the dragon scale and the rose quartz to the fire a hundred times. They would not add, despite the strategy guide saying that this was what I had to do.

Actually, no, that's not what SG says. Spoiler (highlight for reading):

You have to heat up a pool with your fire spell, the throw them into the water.

[Post New]by courtsmom1 on Sep 20, 14 5:54 AM
My only issue was that none of the wording appeared so I didn't really know what to do or what was going on unless I went to the SG which I really don't like doing. So when I hovered over an ares where the gears were turning, no words appeared. Please fix.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Sep 20, 14 6:31 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Sep 20, 14 6:48 AM
I'm using a MAC 10.9.4 and it doesn't want to download this game because it is an "unknown developer" that may include Malware. Anyone else getting this problem?

[Post New]by grover on Sep 20, 14 6:57 AM
The game froze barely 5 minutes in. I'm going to delete it, tho, as what I did play seemed annoying and rather sluggish. Surprised this is a Collector's Edition, as usually the CE games are a better quality.

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Sep 20, 14 7:18 AM
I have the same problem as courtsmom1, no wording appears except when I do something wrong. I'm not dumb but I'm certainly no clearvoyant. Please fix it, the game looks quite tempting but without any ideas of what I'm supposed to do, it's useless.

I'm on a Mac Pro running OS X 10.9.4

Edited on 09/20/2014 at 9:32:00 AM PST

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Game froze 5minutes into play

[Post New]by bluesinew on Sep 20, 14 7:45 AM
I gave it a chance, even though the graphics are sub-par. However, 5 minutes into game-play it froze. Not a buy for me...even if they fix the glitches. Too many games... too little time.

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Sep 20, 14 8:09 AM
My issue is the same as some others, playing in causal mode, there are no bar clues. A magnifying glass appears but there are no words. The gears appear but there are no words of instruction. This is a developers issue. If they fix the problem I'll give it another try.

I am running Windows 8.1. I have no problem with other games and I own hundreds!

I tried with 2 different profiles and deleting and re-installing with no change.

[Post New]by djones55 on Sep 20, 14 8:11 AM
Running on a Mac OS X 10.9.5 - will not let me download game, says 'forgotten-kingdoms-dream-of-ruin' can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.' First time I've ever seen this on a big fish game.

[Post New]by kherrick12 on Sep 20, 14 8:30 AM
After placing blue stone in the head of the bird I get an access violation and the program terminates. Help!! I have deleted and downloaded twice. I am using Windows XP.

Pokeyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Pokeyk on Sep 20, 14 11:00 AM
The rose quartz and the dragon scale do not go in the fire. Use the fire gauntlet on the waterfall in the dragon's lair on island. when water boils, drop the quartz and scale into the water. fill the empty bottle with the dissolving potion and go back to the cliff before the pathway to the island and use the potion to free the pickaxe next to the backpack.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Sep 20, 14 12:00 PM
FunIt wrote:
Rhysdux wrote:Another game that doesn't work. I got to the Dragon's Den and got stuck.I tried adding the dragon scale and the rose quartz to the fire a hundred times. They would not add, despite the strategy guide saying that this was what I had to do.

Actually, no, that's not what SG says. Spoiler (highlight for reading):

You have to heat up a pool with your fire spell, the throw them into the water.

The hint system is borked, then, because no matter what I did, it kept redirecting me to the fire in the first room.

I didn't see anything in the SG about what you said, but I'll try it.

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Sep 20, 14 12:54 PM
youreyes13 and djones55

I got the same message (Mac OS X 10.9.5). Here how I got round it:
open Downloads in finder, right click the file and then you can open it.
A bit strange to make opening more complicated, but at it least it worked.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 20, 14 1:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

It has come to our attention that some players are seeing a bug that's causing none of the text to appear when clicking on some of the interactive areas while playing Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin Collector's Edition. We just wanted to let you know that the developers are aware of this and are working on a solution.

We'll definitely post an announcement in the Forums as soon as an update is available. In the meantime, thank you all for your patience.

bfgWaimea

Eponia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Eponia on Sep 20, 14 1:54 PM
courtsmom1 wrote:My only issue was that none of the wording appeared so I didn't really know what to do or what was going on unless I went to the SG which I really don't like doing. So when I hovered over an ares where the gears were turning, no words appeared. Please fix.

I'm having the same problem. I'm running Windows 8.1

[Post New]by docdpa on Sep 20, 14 2:54 PM
I am having a problem with the wisp catcher. I put the figures in the configuration in the SG but the wisp catcher doesn't appear and I can't go forward. Help

[Post New]by healy6904 on Sep 20, 14 5:53 PM
I'm playing on a PC. I believe that some of the audio is missing from this game, which may be why people are having difficulty. All of a sudden the game goes totally silent.

Go to: