50% off

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 20, 14 3:00 AM
My game manager says "exclusive" 50% off all games, but what is the code? When I click on "learn more," nothing happens.

I am assuming this applies to all games?

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

50% off

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 20, 14 3:06 AM
ghostguide2002 wrote:My game manager says "exclusive" 50% off all games, but what is the code? When I click on "learn more," nothing happens.

I am assuming this applies to all games?

CE"S: HALF OFF
SE'S: WEEKEND

Hope this helps!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:50% off

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 20, 14 3:09 AM
HALFOFF as one word.

You should be able to see the banner with the "half of RETAIL !! price" sale on the main game pages.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 20, 14 3:09 AM
Thank you! For some reason it is not showing up on my screen????

Now I can click "buy!"

Thanks again, Judy

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 20, 14 3:42 AM
Why are all the 50% off sales off retail price? I'm not a Gameclub member myself, but that seems a little unfair to those who are.

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Sep 20, 14 4:07 AM
You know how it is with the "first born" in a family, the rules are much stricter than with the new arrivals. Sigh.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Sep 20, 14 6:46 AM
Have a feeling it said for new customers only...not members. When there is % off for members it is always off original price, not members price. Cheeky.

Elirana

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 20, 14 7:11 AM
These sales are never just for "new" customers. There is no such thing as a sale for "new" customers. A non-member gets is a free game when they join. Club-members are always able to take part in all the sales, but there are sales that are only for club-members, not for non-club members.

Today's sale is for everyone, club members and non-club-members.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Sep 20, 14 8:19 PM
I don't feel it is unfair at all for there to be sales only for game club members or that discounting from the retail price is unfair.

Game club members pay a monthly fee for that priveledge and one can join or quit the club whenever they want.

One thing I was wondering the other night, is that if I quit the game club, and then rejoined later, if I could take advantage of the free game bonus one gets for joining the club.

I got a free game when I first joined
A plush Felix the first year.
But there has been no birthday gift or anything else extra-special.
Golly gang......even Blingee sends me a birthday card.

Yes.....I am greedy, and not ashamed to admit it....life is hard enough.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 20, 14 10:06 PM
Valdy wrote:These sales are never just for "new" customers. There is no such thing as a sale for "new" customers. A non-member gets is a free game when they join. Club-members are always able to take part in all the sales, but there are sales that are only for club-members, not for non-club members.

Today's sale is for everyone, club members and non-club-members.

Valdy, my love, there ARE periodically sales for newbies to the "Club". "Get this game for $2.99 - fine print new game club members only." This happens only periodically, and the wording is NOt exact.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 20, 14 10:24 PM
Tauret wrote:
tookat wrote:

One thing I was wondering the other night, is that if I quit the game club, and then rejoined later, if I could take advantage of the free game bonus one gets for joining the club.

I got a free game when I first joined
A plush Felix the first year.
But there has been no birthday gift or anything else extra-special.

Golly gang......even Blingee sends me a birthday card.

Yes.....I am greedy, and not ashamed to admit it....life is hard enough.

Hi Tookat,

I have never been offered a free game to join the Game Club. Not the first time I joined or any subsequent times. I have cancelled and rejoined several times.

Don't know about getting a free game upon RE-joining as BFG seems to have gone "wonky" a bit lately. I certainly didn't receive one many millennia ago when I joined but, DID, however, receive a plushie 5, maybe 6, years later - lol. I believe we deserve a birthday or anniversary special as well. Morale is very low here and they need to do something to AMP UP our loyalty to this site.

IMO, for whatever THAT'S worth these days BFG offers members the "same old, same old" week after week after week. So, if you don't like a game this week, just wait for the SAME sale next week, maybe by then something will show up.

FYI: Once upon a time, I had to cancel and re-join 3 days later (my check wasn't going to deposit in time to pay the monthly fee by a DAY and the only advice I could get from BFG was to cancel and re-join when my check WAS deposited. AND no free game was offered to me.

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Sep 21, 14 1:58 AM
ooh as it was my Birthday yesterday, I wonder if I'll get a surprize from BF? been a member for many years and do have my plush Felix,,maybe a customized mug/cup/coaster to hold all the numerous cups of tea drunk whilst playing all the wonderful games ..just a thought ..have a great day everyone

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Sep 21, 14 10:55 AM
Well dang!
I've been a member going on 8 years now, before they changed their name even...and I've NEVER gotten a "plushie!" Sniff.....I'm hurt. Someone hand me a tissue please.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 21, 14 4:44 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Angel369

I'd love to say you'd get something for your birthday, but I'm afraid you'll be waiting a long time.

Like Siscokid, I'm still waiting for my and have been for many years. All I ever got was the Lea Thompson poster from that MCF game most of us hated and a keyring. Probably just as well with my two Ain't no shelf high enough...ain't no shelf low enough - they'd have torn it apart.

Here are some tissues for you, Siscokid...

ETA: Crikey. I completely forgot what I wanted to actually say, which is that I don't mind the 'new members only' sales. Any sale is good for me, even if only a couple of GBP off. I can't blame any business for enticing new customers. Hubby and I would probably be living under a bridge by now if we didn't do the same.

Edited on 09/21/2014 at 4:54:17 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 24, 14 5:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was swimming by and noticed that a few of you have mentioned that you haven't received your plush Felix anniversary gifts, which is given to Big Fish Game Club members after 12 consecutive months of membership. Just in case you'd like more information about this, I've included the following help article:

Felix the Fish Anniversary Gift

If you've been a Big Fish Game Club member for 12 consecutive months our more and haven't received that plush Felix, I would encourage you to contact our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps will be glad to look into this for you and will make arrangements to send out your plush Felix if one is due.

I hope that I've been able to help and provide some useful information.

bfgWaimea

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Oct 3, 14 2:05 AM
I have seen 70% off sale for new members, but that was a while ago and usually after I deleted all my cookies and ran a virus program that cleans computer also. I think that would be about $2.99.

Haven't seen one in a while, come to think of it. Anyway, I don't mind. There's very little I buy on here anymore, at least not like I used to.

I have been a game club member for years and would love once in a while to be able to use 1 game club credit for a CE as a sale. I just can't afford the cash handout all the time. BOGO sales are not often enough for me; by then I have usually bought the SE because I have nothing to play.

Edited on 10/03/2014 at 2:13:03 AM PST

Go to: