Instructions

gjempey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Instructions

[Post New]by gjempey on Sep 20, 14 5:04 AM
In any games I have played, when you get the gears there will be some kind of notation at the top of the screen to advise what is missing or needs to be done. None appeared for me in this game although I am playing the easiest difficulty. Find it impossible and frustrating without this help. Anyone else having this issue

Re:Instructions

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 20, 14 5:09 AM
Yes, there are more fishies. It's terrible!

hopieq
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hopieq on Sep 20, 14 6:36 AM
Add me to the list. No instructions. The hint button doesn't really help either.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Sep 20, 14 6:45 AM
Hello Fishies

I just wanted to say, like all of you I was dissapointed about the the instructions issue.
But after after playing for a while, you do get the hang of how they phrase things plus you have to use the fire symbol quite a lot to begin with. Its just remembering its there.

I am now quite enjoying it and hope you all do as well.

Linda

[Post New]by terrinida44 on Sep 20, 14 7:11 AM
Without the instructions this game is useless and frustrating! I'm counting as 'money wasted' and uninstalling it!!.

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on Sep 20, 14 8:00 AM
count me in aswell!!

IMHO i think it takes away A LOT of the enjoyment playing a game
without a least 'a little help along the way !!
but there aint none! all you get are gears, gears and more gears!
and then nothing not even a teensy weensy clue to what to do!

I was so wanting to like this game, specially with the sale on

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Sep 20, 14 8:12 AM
Without the text, this game is essentially "guess the item that belongs to the spinning gears" or "burn everything with your gauntlet" just in case that's what the game producers intended. New item = re-visit every scene that still has "spinning gears of mystery" to see if the item fulfills the unspoken need to complete the scene. Frustrating and boring. Is there *supposed* to be text, and a glitch prevents it showing, or is this tedious back-and-forth intentional?

[Post New]by jannjones1 on Sep 20, 14 8:48 AM
Having the same issue and it completely ruins the game. Having a hard time even getting thru the 90 min trial. I would not buy this unless it is fixed. Don't know if it's intentional or not.....but if it is, what a miss......could have been a great game.

[Post New]by scubadoobidoo on Sep 20, 14 8:56 AM
having the same issue too.....all i want to know is the game supposed to be this way or is it a bug??

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Sep 20, 14 9:22 AM
I also didn't have the instructions so I played the beta again and the instructions are in it, so this has to be a bug within the game. Hopefully, they will get it fixed soon.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 20, 14 11:22 AM
Very kind of you to try this out, akfrosty! Thanks for the info!

akfrosty wrote:I also didn't have the instructions so I played the beta again and the instructions are in it, so this has to be a bug within the game. Hopefully, they will get it fixed soon.

[Post New]by beardog5432 on Sep 20, 14 12:03 PM
having the same problem w/ no instructions- I thought this was just a new twist for the games! I did feel a little incompetent at times

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Sep 20, 14 1:04 PM
_DD_ wrote:Very kind of you to try this out, akfrosty! Thanks for the info!

akfrosty wrote:I also didn't have the instructions so I played the beta again and the instructions are in it, so this has to be a bug within the game. Hopefully, they will get it fixed soon.

Adding on to what DD said Thank you for checking this out Frosty ...

Following in your footsteps I too went and checked my BETA game as I did not recall there being this problem as it would have been one I would have mentioned in my comments about the game via my feedback ...

Now I'm torn as I like the game BUT what if I purchase it and they don't fix it???

I know I should look on it as a challenge but I don't always play for a challenge .. I play to escape were a man sends me an invite to my own wedding to him via a Flying White Tigger ... Now that would be cool ...

Squishys Lefty West CrayLobster aka Dudesmum

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Sep 20, 14 1:30 PM
Sounds like a great game for all the people who say the games these days are too easy. Also adds to the roleplay element of the game. If you were really tossed into a house (or whatever the setting du jour is) with a bunch of crazy doors and puzzles there would be no instructions dropping out of the sky. I'll jump in. Sounds good to me.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 20, 14 3:12 PM
Bartsister wrote:Sounds like a great game for all the people who say the games these days are too easy. Also adds to the roleplay element of the game. If you were really tossed into a house (or whatever the setting du jour is) with a bunch of crazy doors and puzzles there would be no instructions dropping out of the sky. I'll jump in. Sounds good to me.

Good post and that's exactly how I looked at it. It's very challenging and not having black bar instructions every step of the way makes me have to think for a change.

Its kind of funny how so many people comment about how "dumbed down" games are lately but when a rather difficult game comes out, people complain about that too. It must be frustrating being a game developer.

smpilotmom
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by smpilotmom on Sep 20, 14 3:24 PM
Were you in such a hurry, BFG, to have a game to play for us that you totally ignored the instructions phase of this? It's awful! I'm playing in beginners mode just to get through it because I was stupid enough to buy it. Translation . . . beginners are going to hate it because they can't maneuver through it without a little help. I've been a member since 2009 and have not had to play in easy mode for several years now, so sad and disappointing

smpilotmom
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by smpilotmom on Sep 20, 14 3:26 PM
Were you in such a hurry, BFG, to have a game to play for us that you totally ignored the instructions phase of this? It's awful! I'm playing in beginners mode just to get through it because I was stupid enough to buy it. Translation . . . beginners are going to hate it because they can't maneuver through it without a little help. I've been a member since 2009 and have not had to play in easy mode for several years now, so sad and disappointing

[Post New]by judyhatcher on Sep 20, 14 4:01 PM
I am glad I am not the only one with this issue. My guess this is a major bug in the software (at least I hope it is) and should be fixed, fingers crossed. The game itself is beautiful and intriguing, but not without the dialog on the gear points.

[Post New]by AngelFish49 on Sep 20, 14 6:00 PM
Thank you developers for the "fix". I enjoyed this game!

My questions are: Does anyone at BFG read these without sending in a Felix report? And how soon will this "glitch" be fixed? I think the game is worth buying but not if I have to open the strategy guide nearly every time to advance to the next obstacle. Why have a map if you're not sure what to do in the scene? Very Frustrated!

Edited on 09/29/2014 at 8:45:29 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Sep 20, 14 7:01 PM
No instructions whatsoever!!!! I have to keep hitting the hint button to figure out what to do. Now I'm completely stuck. I'm in the hatchery, and it says I'm supposed to do something with the egg in the upper left, near the mirror flower, but there is nothing in my inventory that I can get to react with it. ???????????!!!

Go to: