3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Manor Memoirs here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 21, 14 1:47 AM
A thread for your reviews

Edited on 09/21/2014 at 3:54:09 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Manor Memoirs here

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 21, 14 3:53 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Manor Memoirs here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Manor Memoirs.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 21, 14 10:17 AM
I bought the CE version of this game, which I am STILL trying to finish. It just doesn't come to an end! If you like Gardenscapes, then you will like this one. I happen to like this sort of game, which is pretty much a straight HOG, with the extra of decorating a house or garden or whatever. It's kind of fun for a change of pace from all the spooky, icky stuff you see on a regular basis. Graphics are pretty good, music gets very annoying very quickly (which is does in the other games as well). I had no problems with the game play either. No voice overs, except for an occasional meow or some mumbling from Scarlett.

The furnishings you have to choose from are more yard sale junk and not what I would put in a mansion, but okay. I did find it fun and as I said, I did purchase the CE, which I will never do again unless they "fix" it so there is an end to the game. I just got tired of playing the same rooms over and over. Yes, there are numerous rooms to visit and you play them multiple times, but when you achieve all the goals, there should be an end...still waiting for it. I began writing down the names of each location to see how many there actually were. I don't remember how many I got now, but I know it was over 30 and I played each 3 times...after finishing all the achievements. I have played them many more times since then and still no end...aaaargh!

Yes, I recommend this as an SE because it is fun.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

A fun, interesting game with great graphics

[Post New]by theoldbag on Sep 21, 14 4:05 PM
I agree with everything dancemom said. I can only say "Thank You" for another fun game. I have the others from this developer and play them often. They are such a pleasant change from the HOGS and even the strategy games I have been playing for some time. Big Fish certainly can please everyone.

[Post New]by luckyone12 on Sep 21, 14 4:42 PM

Edited on 09/24/2014 at 2:12:46 PM PST

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Game does have an "ending"

[Post New]by theoldbag on Sep 22, 14 10:28 PM
Actually dancemom, the game does end with the book release. However, you can still play around and change the décor of the mansion if you like by doing some more searches. It is just a fun relaxing (when untimed) little game and something for a change. I like it!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 24, 14 6:39 AM
I have now finished the game, and loved it. I restartet Gardenscapes just after finishing Manor Memoirs, to see whether I still liked it as much as I did when it first came out, and must say that the developers have gotten better and better with each of their games of this type.

Gardenscapes didn't come in widescreen for my laptop, but Manor Memoirs does.

And when I played the HOS in Relaxed mode, the 3 hearts each customer has, go down the longer it takes you to find the objects they want, which will reduce the money you get in the end. With Manor Memoirs, this doesn't happen. In Relaxed mode you can take as much time as you like, and the full amount does not get reduced. And the HOS are looking better and better.

And as much as I enjoyed watching Austin the Butler when Gardenscapes first came out, I also very much enjoy watching Scarlett now in her Manor.

When looking at the cat, I didn't really see a resemblence to the dog. So yes, Scarlett threw a ball for the cat to fetch, but that was as far as it went with the doggy part. The cat looked a little like a flat fat fish when he was lying down, and I would have preferred something more slinky... LOL but it was not bad.

I did not have any problems with the game - using a Win7, 64-bit Sony Vaio laptop.

The two things I didn't care for were that some of the objects were named wrongly, and the awful look of the decorations - I mentioned all of this in another thread, so I won't repeat it here.
Other than that, I really liked the game, and will replay it soon.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 29, 14 5:01 AM
This is a sweet and charming game. And if your a fan of "Garden Scape" Series...you'll like this game also. It's very similar. It has timed and relaxed mode. Which is very important to me. I like having the choice to play both.

Be sure to check this little gem out. I prefer the Se version...but everyone should choose for themselves...which they prefer. Be sure to give this nice game a try. It's a buy for sure for me. And if you have some Punch Card's laying around...your not using....this is well worth using one on.

I rate this sweet gem of a game: "PIGLET"

“These are my terms for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games.

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and storyline. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Oct 11, 14 8:45 PM
An enjoying game to while away the time. I enjoy this, just as I did Gardenscapes. The only thing that keeps me from giving it 5 stars is the misnamed items. A harmonica is NOT a harp. An ink blotter is not a paper weight. I give some leeway for things that just use different names for different countries, but these are the type of things where the imagination cannot stretch for the mislabeled items.

I give it 3 out of 5 stars because of the errors in naming objects.

To add: A tennis racquet is most definitely NOT a ping pong paddle!

Reducing my 3 stars to 2.

Edited on 10/14/2014 at 6:32:02 PM PST

BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 17, 14 3:51 AM

Yes, this game is like all the other ones from the same developer, whose company I own because of all the games I have of theirs!

A couple of things... when pressing on the cat, it doesn't get a response. Then there is the fact that the cat walks like the previously beloved dogs! C'mon guys, surely you can do better than that! And to use the ball in the exact same way as with the aforementioned dogs is pretty lame! A simple solution is to actually use a cat toy? i.e. the one that looks like a shorter fishing rod with a toy mouse on the end of the string! All she has to do is tug lightly on the rod to engage the cat and have the cat bat at it with his paw! Please people surely you have seen this!! I am a cat person, so I know of which I speak! I know it takes extra work, but, you wouldn't want to be known as the dev who couldn't be bothered to make it right!! Am I right fishies? I know that I am!

Play along fishies and enjoy!

Edited on 10/17/2014 at 4:02:38 AM PST

moosish2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

I can't find the right spot for my review....

[Post New]by moosish2 on Oct 19, 14 12:58 AM
I just wanted to say that I loved this game, although the decoration choices weren't quite up to the standards of Gardenscapes Mansion. As always, I love the quality of the graphics and the hidden object scenes. I especially enjoyed having a kittycat this time instead of a dog. ;-)

I hope that this wonderful Russian team continues to make more games like this one and Gardenscapes. Their talents are simply awesome, and they give us lots and lots of "bang for our bucks." Thanks so much!

yuni4you
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by yuni4you on Jan 1, 15 11:07 PM
I have really enjoyed Gardenscape series...I also enjoyed this,but for one factor....missnaming of a few objects....a Harmonica is not a Harp.....a ball of string is not a Rope........a Comb is not a brush.....a Bobbin is not a Film Reel.....apart from this...its a good game

Go to: