bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Arizona Rose and the Pharaohs' Riddles

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 22, 14 12:29 AM
The clever and daring Arizona Rose is back for her most exciting adventure yet! Deep in the deserts of Egypt, a new temple has been unearthed. Inscribed on its walls are mysterious glyphs - a code, only Arizona can solve.

Join Arizona on an adventure that will span the globe and reveal secrets of the ancient world that no one could ever have imagined! Help excavate five ancient sites and decipher the riddles locked inside.

Whether you’re an avid Arizona fan or you’re meeting her for the first time, Arizona Rose and the Pharaohs’ Riddles is sure to captivate you with its gorgeous artwork, brain-tickling gameplay and an ancient mystery you’ll be itching to unravel!

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Arizona Rose and the Pharaohs' Riddles

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 22, 14 2:38 AM
Yeah a new Arizona Rose. I bought it right away, as I love the first one.

Edited on 09/22/2014 at 8:05:23 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 22, 14 2:58 AM
Happy Monday, ALL!

This game is played the same as other "riddlers" or "mosaics" or what-have-yous.
The story line was confusing. I don't think you can actually "get" it unless you played the previous game, which I did not, and it was constantly referred to.

The graphics were fine. I mean, seriously, they're blocks or a dot to represent a destroyed/empty block. I disliked that the "used" blocks looked like legos. Very disconcerting. The music did not mesh with the environment at all. It was supposed to be an Egyptian tale.

The gist of the game play is this: You create pictures using a blank grid, which you then "fill up" with blocks depending on the numbers on the top, bottom and left of the grid. There are 2 modes of difficulty - casual and hard. I played on casual so I could get the feel of the game. The first few levels are a tutorial that does a good job of explaining how to play the game. You get 4 hints per level. Each level gets progressively harder. Blocks are multi-colored in placement depending on the picture being created. Because that's what the game is all about, creating pictures.

Scattered among these "riddlers" are HOGs (hidden object games) which I found to be ridiculously easy. The mini games, as well, were very easy. There is also a "hint" button in the HOGs and a "skip" button in the mini games. I didn't use either.

While I really liked the fact that there were a smattering of HOGs and mini games to break up the monotony of the riddler levels, I was truly bored with the actual game. I have found, and own several, better and more exciting "riddler/mosaic games from the BFG site. For these reasons, this game will not be a purchase for me.

However, if you are new to this genre of game play, or want to play a relaxing, non-stressful game of riddlers, I would certainly encourage anyone from beginners to experts to try the demo.

Now, it's been a very l-o-n-g restless night and I plan to sleep all day You know where to find a more detailed review if you'd like to read it. Until next

Happy Gaming!

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 22, 14 5:28 AM
catbag8717 wrote: I'm back, my friends!

So happy to hear you're feeling better catbag

As for this game I agree that it is not as good as the first one. I'm way into the second level and haven't encountered a star or anything else to get extra points. Although it is an award if you get 6 or 12 stars .
The graphics are also nowhere near the first game .

Edited on 09/22/2014 at 8:05:06 AM PST

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 22, 14 8:54 AM
I was so excited to see this game offered today, since "Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles" has been my very favorite nonogram/mosaic game for a long time. I was hoping this new Arizona Rose game would be just like it except with new puzzles.

After downloading and trying the demo of this new one, I liked it well enough to get it with a coupon... BUT I don't like the graphics or the puzzle tiles and set-up as well as the ones in Arizona's Pirates' Riddles game. Don't like the "awards" set-up as well, either.

Even though the puzzle tiles were smaller in Arizona's Pirates' Riddles games, I found it easier to tell which tiles were open and which tiles were removed than with the larger tiles in this new game. The finished puzzle pictures in the earlier game were also more real looking.

Maybe it is just me... but I have found this same disappointment with sequels of other games I absolutely loved. Seems that in their desire to make the sequels different, the developers change so much about really popular games that the "magic combination" (that made the first in the series so great) is lost.

I hope developers will read this post and keep it in mind when doing sequels of games that have been extremely popular.

We all have our own set of likes and dislikes... so I definitely recommend you try this game if you love nonogram-type games as much as I do. Even if you don't like the style as well as you liked the style of their earlier game, you might still enjoy it.

Classicaljazz

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 22, 14 4:58 PM
I completely agree with Classicaljazz.

In addition, I elected to play in "hard" mode, and if this is supposed to
be hard, I can't imagine how easy the easy mode must be. I'm still in
the 10 x 10 mosaics, but, jeeze, I've played many others of this size
that had more challenge. Sure hope it gets better soon.

In the first "connect the pipes" puzzle, the directions read connect the
pipes from (lower-up) to (lower-right). Hunh? Easy enough to see
what was meant, but I'm still trying to find a "lower-up

So far, really sub-par to the first one.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 22, 14 7:30 PM
joyce2121 wrote:I completely agree with Classicaljazz.

In addition, I elected to play in "hard" mode, and if this is supposed to
be hard, I can't imagine how easy the easy mode must be. I'm still in
the 10 x 10 mosaics, but, jeeze, I've played many others of this size
that had more challenge. Sure hope it gets better soon.

In the first "connect the pipes" puzzle, the directions read connect the
pipes from (lower-up) to (lower-right). Hunh? Easy enough to see
what was meant, but I'm still trying to find a "lower-up

So far, really sub-par to the first one.

Seriously? You didn't know what lower-up was? I immediately went to Self and asked "Self, what do you think this lower-up is supposed to be? Maybe upper-left?" To which Self replied, "idiot".

Try Gemsweeper. The firsties of the levels are waaay easy but it's how they approached it that made the light bulb go off in my head about things I just didn't originally "get" about how to play the game. To which Self intervened with a suitable comment of "idiot". The levels do get gradually harder and i don't know how many levels there are because I've been playing for days and days and days - since it came out. There's a little Professor in the right-hand LOWER corner that has some decent one-liners and the pictures you create are cute, nice and some which I thought - hmmmmm, I didn't see THAT. So, I asked Self about one recently. Self, I asked, did you see that picture? To which Self replied, "idiot".

The most recent Fantasy Mosaics is really good too. Although I purchased it I haven't played it yet. But, OMG THE COLORS!!!!! (eyes rolling in head). Didn't ask Self about it because I pretty much knew how Self would reply ... "idiot".

Have a lovely evening.

Susan

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 23, 14 2:16 AM
LOL Susan .
I recognize these conversations with 'self' . And when I ask 'self' to give me a break, she laughs like that is not possible .

Go to: