catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Arizona Rose and the Pharaohs' Riddles here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 22, 14 2:02 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 09/22/2014 at 7:50:59 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Arizona Rose and the Pharaohs' Riddles here!

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 22, 14 7:50 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Sep 22, 14 10:22 AM
In the puzzles where shapes have to be fitted into a grid, the instructions say the shapes can be rotated by either right-clicking or using the space bar. But when I did those actions, the shapes would not turn.

This is a technical fault that makes these puzzles unsolvable.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Sep 22, 14 2:47 PM
Valkara, it is tricky. You have to click on the piece then right click to turn it. It actually has to lift off the board before it will turn.

nkkaye
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by nkkaye on Sep 23, 14 11:46 AM
game keeps freezing on energy lock and i have to task manager out. anyone else had issues

[Post New]by fluffy8ac on Sep 25, 14 9:14 AM
I haven't bought this game yet, but I would like to. The game froze up after I completed the first mini puzzle, the one where you turn the pipes. I finally waited out the skip timer and skipped it, and just got to the "fit the shapes" puzzle when my trial ran out.I'm using a laptop with Vista

Annxqz
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Annxqz on Sep 25, 14 1:15 PM
If you don't solve the energy puzzles exactly as you did, the game freezes and you have to go out of it and close it down and come back in. It may take two or three tries to solve it as you did.

[Post New]by britchie9147 on Sep 25, 14 4:25 PM
I have twice encountered a game crash when trying to continue an existing game. The first time it occurred I ended up starting a new game, but the second time I'm much further along and really don't want to play all the early games again.

[Post New]by modtour7ny on Sep 26, 14 3:22 PM
I keep freezing on the energy puzzle even after getting it correct

[Post New]by HoosierMLE on Sep 28, 14 12:16 PM
Yikes! Enjoying the game when it suddenly froze up -- maybe near 40-45 minutes into the try out. I mean EVERYTHING froze. No cursor. Couldn't bring up Task Manager. Had to shut down via hard boot. When back couldn't access Chrome. Did a System Restore and got back into Chrom. But ... Arizona Rose is not on my BFG Manager -- maybe because of System Restore?

Anyway I like the game, but it really looks oddly familiar. Would be willing to purchase if freezing/crashing will not be a problem.
Thank you for listening.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Sep 30, 14 12:03 AM
modtour7ny wrote:I keep freezing on the energy puzzle even after getting it correct

Same thing just happened to me - THREE times. I even tried using the Registry cleaner, completely shutting my PC down (Windows 7), and still no luck.

[Post New]by Arjun65 on Oct 5, 14 2:24 PM
Starting with level 5.8, positive entries are not always registered. It is as if key stroke did not occur.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Oct 5, 14 3:16 PM
Finished the game in both modes. No stars, turtles, etc. to click on to get extra points or the 6 stars - 12 stars award.

[Post New]by nmduensing on Oct 6, 14 1:03 PM
So After reading all of the problems with the game freezing on the energy puzzle, I skipped the first one. The second one I did the same thing except that it freezes up after hitting the skip button. I like the game, but unless there is an update to it, I will have to uninstall the game. Please fix this since this is a known issue that is giving lots of people problems.

[Post New]by Da_Wordmama on Oct 9, 14 8:28 PM
When I get a long way into the game (past the point where the puzzles are 25x25), I get this message: "Error: Access violation at 0x0055f110 (tried to read from 0x00000000D), program terminated." I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice to no avail; this crash happens every time I reach this point in both hard and easy modes. I can start a brand new game and play from the beginning again, but when I get to this stage of the game, boom! Very annoying, since I really enjoy the game and want to finish it!

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Oct 11, 14 12:10 PM
4 - 11 ---- no positive entries are working at all. Using a PC - windows 8. Since I posted this I have reinstalled it, got to level 1 - 28, and the same thing happened. BF have given me a free game code.

Edited on 10/13/2014 at 5:14:55 AM PST

[Post New]by valbid on Oct 12, 14 4:15 PM
I have enjoyed playing this game. I have gotten to the 25x25's and the board will not reflect the power ups. My individual manual choices are there though. I hate the thought of reinstalling as I will lose all my progress and have to start over. Any other options or suggestions? I am in Windows 7

[Post New]by samangel38 on Oct 12, 14 5:35 PM
I am at level 3-2. 15x15 puzzles. When I use my special powers sword or bird. It flashes red on the squares but nothing happens. When I hit those blocks I can not get it to change. I have tried both the finger and the hammer. I uninstalled the game and installed it again but it did not change the problem. Does anybody have an answer?

Edited on 10/14/2014 at 12:34:36 PM PST

[Post New]by sds719 on Nov 23, 14 8:08 PM
iMac running 10.9.5. Updated to new version in October of Arizona Rose 2. It worked for a while, but now the game closes as soon as I click on continue when I go back to play. I've noticed a big reduction in quality assurance in Big Fish games and no longer recommend it immediately to folks who ask about it. I've had several games that play fine during the trial and develop problems on later levels and they don't get fixed making the game unplayable once it's been paid for. I really enjoyed the first Arizona Rose game and have played it repeatedly.

[Post New]by Baycrab on Apr 26, 15 2:27 PM
Having a HORRIBLE time. The game will b OK for a while then suddenly register mistakes when I haven't made any. This results in my having to restart the puzzle over and over. If this can't be fixed I would like to exchange the game for another. It is maddening!!!!!!!!

Go to: