catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Runaway Express Mystery here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 23, 14 12:42 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using!

Edited on 09/23/2014 at 6:29:14 AM PST

tquinlivan
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Runaway Express Mystery here!

[Post New]by tquinlivan on Sep 23, 14 6:25 AM
I am stuck on the 3rd murder. It shows on the map that there is something to do in the observation room, but when I get in there, there is nothing and the hint tells me to go back to the end of the sleeping car. In the end of the sleeping car, it tells me to go to the observation room.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 23, 14 6:30 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Sep 23, 14 12:21 PM
I was quite excited about this game and planning to buy it based on reviews. However, the cursor is so slow and jerky that it is driving me insane. It took me 15 tries to 'properly' use the fishing pole, my hammer disappeared from inventory just when I needed it and then returned, hints are useless....

I don't know what more to say. Sounds as though many are enjoying it without issue, but I can't. I tried custom cursor and plain with the same problem. It is sluggish, slow and unresponsive - to the point of extreme distraction and annoyance.

Unless anyone has a solution to the cursor issue, I'm going to have to pass. Drat!

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Sep 23, 14 2:28 PM
Having the same problem w/the cursor. Really wish I could play this game.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Sep 23, 14 9:41 PM
Game Manager installing. Progress 99%....45 minutes later, still stuck at 99% progress. Then....ta da, I get an "access violation code." Too bad, I interrupted the demo just to purchase, and this is the end result? This game looked as if it had promise to be enjoyable. Guess I'll never know. Hope there's a fix in the future.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Sep 24, 14 9:47 AM
I remember Beta Testing this one.
However, now that I've purchased and installed it,
ran into a snag right away.
(after reading about changing the name from 'Amanda', I chose to leave it alone)
Watched what I suppose was the full cut-scene at the beginning,
up to the part where the mama says:
"OMG
The train is moving.
Stop the train
Stop the train"
then the game closed back to Game Manager screen and stated:
"Thank you for playing Runaway Express Mystery"
???
=^,,^=
the kat

[Post New]by Dark_Promise on Sep 24, 14 2:41 PM
I posted this originally asking for task help but it seems this is a bug. The license number was NOT added to my inventory. Yes I cleaned it with the hankie multiple times and nothing. Looks like I will have to start over. Hey maybe THIS time I will get to see the cut scenes at the beginning so the story makes sense. Sigh.

OK, so the only active place on the map is outside the hotel with a sparkle on the back of the car. Click on car, click on license plate. I figure those are the numbers it wants to open the suitcase in train compartment two as when you click on it it says it may be the drivers license number (I am assuming they mean plate). That is CFA 461. OK, back to the train but it still keeps saying I need the code. All I have left in inventory is the break, crowbar and handkerchief.

[Post New]by Dark_Promise on Sep 24, 14 6:54 PM
UPDATE:

I restarted, still no intro cut scenes. I did not clean the plate at the obvious time (when you open the trunk). Went back when it was a task, cleaned the plate and did receive the code to use on the suitcase.

To fix this bug either you should not be able to clean it at first or the code should go into your inventory then. Hope the developers bother to check this thread. Sigh.

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Sep 25, 14 11:16 AM
I'm stuck in the carriage with Lord Parkinson & the Conductor.....I've spoken to Lord P, but can get no further! Can't pick up the cold teapot, can't speak to the conductor....& I have nothing in the inventory. There is no hint, & the map just shows me where I am. Any suggestions, anyone? (Using a laptop with Windows 8) Thanks

[Post New]by alipickup on Sep 25, 14 12:43 PM
What appear to be bugs so far for me
No cut scenes at the intro
No way of heating up the second cup of tea ..

Seem to be quite a few others from other people ....hum lack of testing prior to issue? Don't really like paying to beta test a game!

Windows 7 - on a laptop

Edited on 09/25/2014 at 12:44:49 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 25, 14 9:39 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, I got the long cut scene right at the beginning. I even changed my profile to a new one, to see if it still worked, and it did.

Using Win7, 64-bit on a Sony Vaio laptop.

[Post New]by krem99 on Sep 26, 14 2:54 AM
There is a thread on this topic, which is a tech issue: At the very end, you are supposed to be answering the scary guy's questions. I do not get any questions, just answers (multiple choice, I guess). Please help!

Thanks!

blueteal44
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by blueteal44 on Sep 26, 14 7:27 AM
Sorry to sound blase do what i did and ..hit skip as I had no idea as well.Its a bug but a very good game though.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Sep 26, 14 7:33 PM
manticore wrote:I'm stuck in the carriage with Lord Parkinson & the Conductor.....I've spoken to Lord P, but can get no further! Can't pick up the cold teapot, can't speak to the conductor....& I have nothing in the inventory. There is no hint, & the map just shows me where I am. Any suggestions, anyone? (Using a laptop with Windows 8) Thanks

manticore,
Things may be visible early on in the game,
but don't become active til later.
For example the Teapot,
it will be much later in the game b/4 you will be required to use it,
and only then will it become active.
=^,,^=
the kat

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Sep 28, 14 5:14 AM
Many thanks for that Kat - I'll give it a try

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Sep 29, 14 9:31 AM
I'm having trouble with a sluggish cursor and I can't pick up the cold teapot. Win 7.

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Sep 29, 14 11:47 AM
devs should check post titled:
Stuck with incorrect name on painting list

same glitch for many.

could have been a really good game

[Post New]by behavorial on Oct 1, 14 3:51 AM
I have windows vista system. It keeps telling me I have an REM.exe problem. Seems every game lately has an issue. Help

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 4, 14 1:09 PM
What happened to customer service? You used to get a person with a name to answer your questions, now you get a canned "go to F&Q" or check out Forums, or whatever, rather than try to brainstorm the problem. They did send me a free game, but I'd rather have the fix. They never did answer my question, nor my follow up question asking again!! Very disappointed in the lack of good customer service these days.

Go to: