ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Some additional Information

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 23, 14 11:58 AM
Thank so to cviscara for inquiring about ART on the developer website. Below are the questions and the answers.. see what you infer from the below.. I was starting to think maybe they'd end this game, but perhaps not??

Hi, While we are waiting for the new update I thought I would do something constructive rather than moan, ( fed up with the moaning )I have a few questions I hope you can answer,
1 - What can we expect with the update?
2 - Do you have any idea when BF will release the update? As AK updates are released quite quickly yet ART takes longer WHY?
3 - Do we see Pirates?
4 - Do we get to fly off to sunnier places in the plane?
5 - Can we enter the loft in our Antique Shop?
6 - Will we have more collections with Gold as a reward?
7 - Will we have a collection with Stars as a reward?
8 - Will we be able to upgrade the Museum?
9 - How many new buildings are there going to be near the Museum?
10 - Do our pets get a playground?
I know you won't be able to answer all the questions but you know the important ones.

Monica's Responses:

1 - Unfortunately we don't have the details on this
2 - Same as 1. The games are released on our publisher's website, so the schedule is very much dependent on that.
3 - We do have some pirate-related content planned, but we cannot confirm this yet without releasing the upcoming update.
4 - Yes, the upcoming update will include HO scenes around the world. A sneak peek was posted somewhere in this forum
5 - If you mean the attic, we have some plans for it too but in a future update.
6 - Gold rewards are usually for Special collections (from limited time events) only.
7 - Maybe in the future.
8 - In the future too
9 - There are going to be buildings, but we don't want to reveal much yet. Hope you understand.
10 - We can consider it for a future update if many players request for it.

Hope this helps! We really cannot make any promises yet, especially since the update is still not yet released when we said it would. But keep your suggestions coming and we'll try to make them possible. Thank you!

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:Some additional Information

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 23, 14 2:20 PM
Thanks chestnut for posting this. It is encouraging to have this assurance from BoomZap about the future - even if some of the things we are waiting for will be further off than the next update...... But on the whole it is quite an upbeat answer (typical of dear Monica).
Something is obviously going on behind the scenes that I guess may be more to do with business politics than market forces. It is notorious than in business the producer is at the bottom of the chain and the consumer pays the price.... (Have you ever played the "banana game" about Fair Trade??)

cviscara11
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by cviscara11 on Sep 23, 14 9:38 PM
Thanks Chestnut for posting that, I was bored, and fed up with the moaning and childish behaviour, I thought I would try something positive instead. Also to let Monica and the BZ team know that not all players are impatient.

suzon7
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by suzon7 on Sep 24, 14 5:25 PM
Good initiative cviscara11! Thank you!

brprice98
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by brprice98 on Sep 27, 14 1:41 PM
I agree with cviscara11. Computers are more temperamental and less predictable than humans. Fun, interesting and quality can't just be thrown together. When I was active duty (Air Force - 20 years), I worked with a group of programmers as their beta tester and I can tell you even average takes time. While I wait for updates, I take that opportunity to catch up with friends.

MegaDozer
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MegaDozer on Sep 27, 14 3:59 PM
Thanks for posting the response-this is encouraging : )

sdrkgideon
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by sdrkgideon on Sep 27, 14 4:32 PM
I think they expected more users to "buy" coins to achieve the auction quest. They didn't expect us to get fed up and just not do them. So we wait until they hit some $$$ amount before we get out update and move on.

CindyDean
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by CindyDean on Sep 28, 14 6:44 AM
sdrkgideon wrote:I think they expected more users to "buy" coins to achieve the auction quest. They didn't expect us to get fed up and just not do them. So we wait until they hit some $$$ amount before we get out update and move on.

In the auction quests, you can not use buyout. You have to win a bid. Unless you were thinking folks would spend $$$ for more coins so they can bid higher.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 28, 14 11:31 AM
You don't really need to "buy" coins, as it is quite easy to get quite large quantities of them by playing the minigames in Dinhammer Alley, or by visiting the cities, especially if you use a keepsake which increases the coins amount.
And I think the devs would not have known that some mean people would put things up for auction at such silly high prices. This was not part of the plan!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 28, 14 3:40 PM
To all:

Just find an auction buddy where you trade the item needed at no cost. Then the daily auction quests are a breeze when you have friends to help and you get your star etc.(which if you get lucky on the star slot, you can win gold).

Auction prices reflect a free market system. Items priced too high don't sell. One must remember the effort and energy and/or resources that are required to obtain the item. If you don't like the auction price, go obtain that item yourself or trade with a friend. Why make a mountain out of a mole hill?

The only quest that actually might have required a gold cache or a trip to the bank was buying the cat (which apparently helps in the painting quests).

Cheers to all fishies out there in the Bay from a mere minnow happily, patiently swimming.

sdrkgideon
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by sdrkgideon on Sep 29, 14 4:15 PM
an "auction buddy" is a really good idea and I'm just bored out of my mind. I haven't found another game to entertain me while I wait

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 29, 14 6:55 PM
I started a new ART on another account. Having great fun with it. I don't remember the complete lack of collectibles through the first few levels of each city - probably because I was always grubbing around for building supplies.

Go to: