Stuck with incorrect name on painting list

[Post New]by MDuncan1975 on Sep 23, 14 5:40 PM
I have the handkerchief, crowbar, list of paintings and broken emergency brake. Can not figure out what to do with the list. Map not showing me anything. Please help!!

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

Re:Stuck with incorrect name on painting list

[Post New]by Fishpole on Sep 23, 14 8:30 PM
You compare the signature on the list of paintings to the signature on the hotel receipt.

Then put it up on your 'Evidence Board'.

Next....there is a puzzle to do in the scene where you got the 'list' that when completed will give you a 'key' to be used in the 'Gallery'. After that......

Go to the Gallery....talk to the owner and take it from there......

Hope this helps.

Edited on 09/23/2014 at 8:43:24 PM PST

[Post New]by Dark_Promise on Sep 23, 14 8:36 PM
Well I can help with one but I am stuck in the same spot. The list goes in your evidence in the center row. I think it wants you to use the numbers from the license plate to open the suitcase -461 but when I go back to the suitcase it says need code and the map just keeps going back to the car as do hints.

[Post New]by jannjones1 on Sep 23, 14 9:57 PM
I am stuck here too. I see the list of painting names with signature on my evidence board, but it is in my inventory also with a plus sign. I have crowbar, hankerchief, and brake also left in inventory. When I go to gallery owner will not even respond. When I hit hint.....it just keeps going to the list that still in my inventory. Help! I'm so sick of games that don't work. I thinks it's a glitch with list being in two places: inventory and evidence board. I know who did it......but how the heck to you "solve" it.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Sep 23, 14 11:57 PM
Did you 'compare' it (the signature on the list of paintings) to the signature on the Hotel receipt?

This is necessary to progress.

Also, did you do the puzzle on the desk and get the 'key' for the gallery?

I can't think of anything else that I did differently and the game went smoothly for me.

I understand your frustration but give it another try.

[Post New]by jannjones1 on Sep 24, 14 7:29 AM
Yep......did ALL those things!!! The problem is that after comparing signatures the the hotel rec't. went into evidence and list is in BOTH evidence and inventory! Yet another glitch

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Sep 24, 14 12:03 PM
OK....one more time...

You should have 'Lady Parkinson's Letter', 'The List of Paintings', and the 'Passenger List' on your evidence board. Also 'The Hotel Receipt' and 'The Umbrella' (found in LP's private compartment.)

ALL these 'items' tie together. Then the 'List of Paintings' SHOULD disappear from your inventory.

Upon entering the 'Gallery' and 'talking' with the owner I had in my Inventory: the Paris Passenger Photo, List of Passengers, Newspaper, Cipher, Handkerchief, Crowbar, 2 Gloves (one with blood on it) and the Emergency Brake.

You REALLY have to thoroughly check each scene before leaving it because things are not always visible at first.

I hope that this explanation will 'help' you on your way....If not....let me know.

[Post New]by Shelleigh3 on Sep 25, 14 3:05 AM
jannjones1 wrote:Yep......did ALL those things!!! The problem is that after comparing signatures the the hotel rec't. went into evidence and list is in BOTH evidence and inventory! Yet another glitch

I think it must be a glitch because I'm having the EXACT same issue and cannot figure out how to go on. Very frustrating!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 27, 14 12:52 AM
i have all the things in the board (lady's letter,list ofpaintings,passenger list,hotel receipt,and the umbrella!) in the clues case and also the list of paintings in the inventory!i was very surprise to see it going down in inventory again after the comparison of both signings!i'm not sure the glitch would disappear if i play the game again from beginning!

[Post New]by Gerean222 on Sep 27, 14 8:47 PM
SO STUCK

The following are in inventory:

1) List of paintings/Signature (also on bulletin board)
2) Brake
3) Handkerchief
4) Crowbar

Can't get info from any character in the game.

Have gone back to the beginning and moused over every room slowly

Have checked map ~ There are no icons (explanation marks) indicating where the next action is.

Have clicked help button ~ It only points to list of paintings (which is already posted to the board)

Can't pick up the teapot

Can go nowhere.

Am extremely frustrated as there are no scene clips to find help

As I scroll through each and every post on the forum, I have tried everything everyone suggested . . . nothing works.

Have invested so much time in this game, only to get almost to the end and find no hints, helps, tutorial or assistance.

Won't buy games from this game maker again.

I quit.

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Sep 28, 14 10:10 AM
same here....
signatures already checked
list is both in inventory and case board
hint keeps showing list (with plus sign) that is in inventory

I think glitch and it really IRKS me

glad game was bought with coupon

done with it

JRDALLAS
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JRDALLAS on Sep 29, 14 9:58 AM
Glad I used a free game credit. Will delete game and not buy from this game creator again, that is if they are still in business.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Oct 8, 14 11:36 AM
Same here as everybody else, handkerchief, crowbar, emergency handle and painting list (and one on bulletin board), cant talk to no one, man in the gallery just ignores me, at a loss now, hint keeps putting a ring around painting list, but cant do nothing with it, a walkthrough is needed for this game, wasted money if not.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Oct 11, 14 7:08 AM
I started with a new profile (didn't get the cut scene though) and managed to finish the game, when I got to the part with the painting list it went ok, don't ask me how, so if you have the painting list in both bulletin board and the inventory your not going to do anything , so it's a restart with a new profile for you and hope it goes ok, best of luck.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Oct 11, 14 11:04 AM
Update tried again with new profile to play and see what I did but got stuck with the painting list again, so don't know how I did it the second time, sorry I cant help, there must be a certain way to do things in order, good luck, definitely need a walkthrough.

Edited on 10/11/2014 at 11:06:23 AM PST

[Post New]by smidgin1459 on Oct 17, 14 10:17 PM
How do you get the List of paintings together with the hotel receipt? I have been trying for 2 weeks to get past this area. I have the broken brake, crow bar and the list of paintings to have the signature checked. I am sorry but I find NO WAY to get past this area. I keep going back as far as you can go, nothing helps, then I go as far as I can go to the end of the train. NOTHING.
I am sick and tired of doing this puzzle and it seem there are quite a few others that feel the same.
It was a waste of my money.

Go to: