Mods: Please Respond

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Mods: Please Respond

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 25, 14 10:36 AM
Is there going to be an update for this game? I'm tired of crossing fingers, waiting for dates that are coming and going. Please let us know.

Thanks

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Mods: Please Respond

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 25, 14 3:10 PM
Hey ChestnutHeights

At this time, we haven't received any new information on the status of the update, so unfortunately, I'm unable provide an update for an expected release of new content.

Please be assured though, the Mods are passing along the requests for the update to the appropriate teams so that they can see how much you all are looking forward to it. We're keeping our fingers crossed for you all

bfgVaiya

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 25, 14 4:05 PM
Thanks for the response Vaiya - that is exactly what we have been asking for, even if you are actually not in a position to give us the answer we want!! We really do need to know that all our queries are actually being passed on to the right places and not just being ignored, which has been the impression that some people have got, despite your own attempts to "pop in" from time to time with reassuring messages.....
Keep up the good work!!

acudeb
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by acudeb on Sep 25, 14 7:15 PM
Everyone who loves this game PLEASE go to the Boom zap forum you do not have to be a member to read it. Go to Boom Zap Updates and click on it. Then go down to normal threads and open the Boomzap on BFG's Meet the Developers with JessicaPlays-9-23-14. The video is wonderful. Watch it. It is very telling.

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Sep 25, 14 8:50 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey ChestnutHeights

Please be assured though, the Mods are passing along the requests for the update to the appropriate teams so that they can see how much you all are looking forward to it. We're keeping our fingers crossed for you all

bfgVaiya

I'm hoping that It's taking so long because they are now tweaking the update for Halloween!!! In the past I've asked for costumes for my pets on the thread "Wish list for Future Updates". =v=

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 25, 14 10:47 PM
bfgVaiya -- Thanks for the response. Was hoping you'd say here it is folks... but appreciate you taking the time. One more question. In another thread you stated

As long as the devs provide us with updates, we will continue to release content for the game. Unfortunately, at this time, the Mods have not been provided with any new information on the status of the update, so we're unable to give you a projected timeline for when it will arrive or information on the progress of the release.

I bolded the part I have a question on. Can you confirm that BFG has received an update from the developer? Can you inquire from your end where in the process the update may be? I think we all believe it's in testing. Is this correct? Can you please let us know what happens after testing? Is it then released?

Just trying to figure out what could be the hold up. Thanks in advance.

cviscara11
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by cviscara11 on Sep 26, 14 12:16 AM
There seems to be a lot of confusion as to who actually has the update. I have asked Monica at BZ and am awaiting a response.

cviscara11
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by cviscara11 on Sep 26, 14 2:31 AM
This is Monica's response
" The update is definitely in the testing phase as mentioned last time. Unfortunately, we are prohibited by the guidelines set by our publisher to disclose any more internal information. We have already revealed much about what's to come and have disappointed everyone when we weren't able to release on the dates we announced. I hope you understand, and again we sincerely apologize. "
So we are still in the dark unfortunately.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 26, 14 5:43 AM
No, we are not in the dark. Through all the threads here and on BZ - the updates (one in Aug and one for birthday of game) are with Big Fish and held up in "testing".

I will not read between the lines because my conclusion could well be wrong; however, I am the firm belief that there is a deliberate holding up the release of the update by Big Fish - could be they want more money to generate out of the game, could be they want Boom Zap to get less money, could be the upper levels that will be released will not generate what the first 30 or less levels generate and therefore, unneeded to generate revenues. Oh, well I guess it could be summed up by "Money".

I am prepared to pay to play additional content of ART but it really is the only game I play with much and am afraid that if there is no additional content there is no reason to pay a monthly fee to be a member. Just realized this the other day and am still mulling the thought around.... Course, I doubt that cares if they lose $7 a month from Oddly. When I come to point that I don't care any more if I play ART the choice will be very clear.

Edited on 09/26/2014 at 5:47:15 AM PST

acudeb
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by acudeb on Sep 26, 14 6:53 AM
I agree with you 100% Oddly. I too will have no desire to play BF games if they continue to handle things in this manor. In business you never want to loose even 1 customer. For when you loose one many follow. No business is so big that they can afford to loose customers and face.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 26, 14 7:10 AM
acudeb wrote:Everyone who loves this game PLEASE go to the Boom zap forum you do not have to be a member to read it. Go to Boom Zap Updates and click on it. Then go down to normal threads and open the Boomzap on BFG's Meet the Developers with JessicaPlays-9-23-14. The video is wonderful. Watch it. It is very telling.

Yes, this is really worth watching! It reveals the heavy personal commitment of Boomzap's founder to ART- so much indeed that it is very evident that its future is clearly assured (for those having doubts....). It is, after all his "favorite" of the BZ games
Mind you, he also reveals that many of the characters are directly taken from his own family and friends (including his father). Hmmmm.... in another thread we speculate about the background mystery "storyline" behind some of those characters, which leaves me wondering even more about the secrets of his Aunt Margaret???

ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Sep 26, 14 8:26 AM
Just to let everyone know my computer is starting to act funky. It is acting just like it did before the last 3 updates. Which I hope is a good, good sign BF and BZ. I have not had this much trouble with it since the night before the last update.

alicemary
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by alicemary on Sep 26, 14 12:42 PM
Am still waiting on update for ART and have been playing other free to play games but am very unlikely to spend any money in case they start having the same problem with updates. I have also uninstalled many of the free to play games because they all seem to be about the same. Awakening I am losing interest very quicky - how many times do you have the play the same ho? ART is my favorite and have spend lots of money on it and would continue to if they would just give us the update and new stuff to buy.

Edited on 09/26/2014 at 12:44:47 PM PST

misties
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by misties on Sep 26, 14 2:41 PM
Well my opinion does not really matter in all of this, but I am inclined to believe what oddly has said that it all comes down to money. I am beginning to believe that we will not be getting an update, that they believe there is not enough money in it, or it will not generate enough money. I hope I am wrong and I dont want to sound negative, but what is going on? Why all this silence and no release date? Something to think about. i love this game, I want an update, and I just wish we could get some definitive answers.

alicemary
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by alicemary on Oct 2, 14 3:25 AM
Is there going to be a update. Are you waiting for thanksgiving to give us one. Please respond. Do we need to look for games not free to play even though this game has been far from free for me to play even though it was my choice to invest lots of money in it.

Edited on 10/03/2014 at 3:17:20 PM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Oct 2, 14 1:23 PM
I don't think it is fair to keep saying "please respond" and accusing them of silence, when there was in fact an immediate response to this thread from Vaiya (only a week ago) to explain that the Mods themselves do not have the information about decisions taken higher up the line. We have also had several responses in other places trying to explain that the hold up is with the BigFish Quality Control people who are still testing the update for glitches.
Having said that, I agree that we are all puzzled and fed up with the lack of an update, and have out own theories about this.
And yes - lots of us are filling in the time with 'games that are not free to play' - there are plenty of them out there to enjoy, and they are not expensive to buy (possibly less than some people have been spending on this so-called "free" game!)

tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Oct 3, 14 12:18 PM
I agree with Oddly and I have already deleted one game because of that and might delete another, there is also one that all I am doing is logging in long enough to get the daily reward while I decide if it is worth my time to keep playing the same scenes over and over

idahodogs
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by idahodogs on Oct 3, 14 2:53 PM
My theory, for what it's worth is that BFG doesn't really care what the experienced players think. They probably make more money from the players that are below level 20. I know I spent quite a lot at the lower levels and stopped buying with real money once my inventory increased. The new players aren't in a hurry for updates. And if the experienced players quit there is a new player to take our place. Let's face it, they are in the business to make money . I can accept this but what makes me angry is when they lie to us. and make false promises. So I will do other things and check occsionally if there has been an update. Then I'll play for about 2 weeks which is about how long it takes to play the new material and then I'll find something else to do again. I am tired of being upset because of this game. There is nothing we can do to speed up the update. It's part of playing FTP games.

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Oct 8, 14 6:47 PM
I think if they were going to stop updating the game they should give us old timers one last update and keep their promise!! If they want to scrap the game and quit updating it, it would have been considerate to tell us back in August so we wouldn't keep checking in and lingering, thinking that an update is around the corner if it isn't. Just my opinion. On level 90 and only stop in for keys at this point and occasionally play a few HOS or mini games. I have over 6000 of all the building supplies and wish I could gift some of them to the newer players .

Edited on 10/08/2014 at 6:48:44 PM PST

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Oct 8, 14 7:18 PM
I do not do the auctions and am at a stand still with everything else. Have waited for update but if they do not plan to have update for future wish they would give some type of notification of their intentions for the game whether it be positive or negative just give some indication. Please.

Go to: