Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

Map of Paris

[Post New]by Althena533 on Sep 25, 14 11:12 AM
There is something seriously wrong with this map! The Eiffel Tower is missing!

Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Map of Paris

[Post New]by 59111 on Sep 25, 14 4:01 PM

Maybe the game is set in a time before the tower was built.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Map of Paris

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 26, 14 1:20 AM
Althena533 wrote:There is something seriously wrong with this map! The Eiffel Tower is missing!

I might have the games mixed up , but I think the Eiffel Tower is being built in this game.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 26, 14 3:59 AM
According to Wikipedia:

Moulin Rouge was first created in 1889. The Eiffel Tower was built that same year. So I'm guessing that, maybe, this game is set in 1889?

If not, that's a bad mistake on the developer's part.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Sep 26, 14 9:17 AM
In one of the scenes you can see the half built eiffel tower, click on the window and they say something.

[Post New]by BoomchuckPxyNiki on Sep 26, 14 11:02 AM
RainbowElf wrote:In one of the scenes you can see the half built eiffel tower, click on the window and they say something.

Yes...there's even a newspaper article that the investigator reads on the topic, and she makes some sort of remark about being optimistic about it.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 26, 14 6:03 PM
She also says that the US got the better deal or something. Cute reference to Lady Liberty.

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Map of Paris

[Post New]by bobhillman on Nov 10, 14 4:34 PM
Althena533 wrote:There is something seriously wrong with this map! The Eiffel Tower is missing!

You can see it under construction in the introductory cutscene - as the shot moves back to show the windmill(before the main menu appears). It also appears partly built in the opening scene of the main game(And you can see it from the window of the office).

Edited on 11/10/2014 at 4:46:37 PM PST

Go to: