catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 26, 14 12:45 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 09/26/2014 at 5:45:15 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Sep 26, 14 5:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:13:40 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 26, 14 1:33 PM
Hey everyone!

I've been really sick and today, it took me, literally, ALL DAY, to write this review. Because I kept falling asleep. Usually, I edit it, shorten it and put it on this thread but I just don't have the energy today.

I've just submitted my detailed review so it should be posted later today sometime. Please feel free to go to the game page and check it out. Thank you so much to those who take the time to read my reviews. It means a lot to me.

Here's an extremely short (which is unlike me), version.

I loved the game. Purchased it when it came out as a CE. HAD to. There was SOMETHING SPECIAL in the opening scene that just GRABBED me and I HAD to have .............. well, the game too. 5

Now, you ARE intrigued, huh? Bad me.

Happy Gaming!!

I HATE being sick!

imjaws2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by imjaws2 on Sep 26, 14 3:37 PM
Too bad that it looks to be a great beginning but there is something wrong in the game as everything moves at a snail's pace - things to pick up, places to go, hints. Too aggravating.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 26, 14 4:33 PM

Edited on 10/02/2014 at 10:41:38 AM PST

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on Sep 28, 14 2:37 PM

Edited on 10/02/2014 at 10:45:40 AM PST

Azeela
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Azeela on Sep 29, 14 12:47 AM

Edited on 10/02/2014 at 10:46:20 AM PST

Azeela
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Azeela on Sep 29, 14 4:03 AM
Azeela wrote:How much game is left after the demo?

Never mind.. I bought the game.. If any one is interested in knowing, I'd say that the demo is 1/3-1/4 of the game, but there are some pretty neat riddles in the main game..

[Post New]by ParParker on Sep 29, 14 1:10 PM
imjaws2 wrote:Too bad that it looks to be a great beginning but there is something wrong in the game as everything moves at a snail's pace - things to pick up, places to go, hints. Too aggravating.

The game slows down and catches I am reposing because I have the same problem.
Story looks good but slowing and catching makes it not a pleasure to paly

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Oct 4, 14 10:14 AM
imjaws2 wrote:Too bad that it looks to be a great beginning but there is something wrong in the game as everything moves at a snail's pace - things to pick up, places to go, hints. Too aggravating.

Totally agree after finishing the game. It's as if Elephant Games didn't pay enough attention to game play as they did to graphics and animation which are superb to stupendous. These Devs. are masters of creating atmosphere suitable to the theme (eerie, dark and dreary for this one) which makes me a loyal fan (and why I bought this game).

It's not a bad game; just slow and a bit predictable making it quite boring. Towards the end, I just wanted it to be over......a bad sign! The HOGs, puzzles and graphics are superb. The story was interesting enough but lost its way as the game progressed.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 6, 14 4:28 PM
Another excellent, full of adventure and fun game from this developer. I always play on casual so that is what this review is on. The game stands very well alone as an SE with excellent graphics and voice-overs. Can be a bit scary at times for those who don't like those kind of games.

Both the HINT and SKIP recharge very quickly which makes the game move along well. HOS are different and fun as well as most of the puzzles which you can skip if you just want to get on with the story (I"m not much of a puzzle lover). The transporter map is great and the HINT will transport too.

Interesting storyline and even the little dog wasn't annoying like some of the animal "companions" in other games. A good length, not too long or too short. A definate 5 out of 5 for me.

Edited on 10/06/2014 at 4:29:16 PM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 25, 14 12:17 AM
Firstly, I had no issues with slowness or "catching" at as a couple of others have mentioned. The game ran perfectly for me.

I have loved little Elf the dog and the other Mystery Trackers games, but I didn't love this one for a couple of reasons: (1) the excessive number of puzzles compared to HOS (fortunately, the skips fill very quickly), and (2) the story progressed too slowly. I got bored and stopped the demo after about 40 minutes.

radgame wrote:It's not a bad game; just slow and a bit predictable making it quite boring. Towards the end, I just wanted it to be over......a bad sign! The HOGs, puzzles and graphics are superb. The story was interesting enough but lost its way as the game progressed.

I also got tired of having to replace the batteries in the energy detector after every use.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jan 5, 15 5:24 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Did not get anything else done in house, Mini-games were fun. Had to skip some as I was impatient and wanted to get on with game. I like all the Mystery Trackers and will look forward to the next one.

Go to: