ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

New Update is Here

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 26, 14 12:57 PM
I had to do the manual check.. and it appeared.. downloading now.

Re:New Update is Here

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Sep 26, 14 2:24 PM
I like the new buttons under the quests. You don't have to constantly click on them to know where you are or how many more you need to find.

roseyfur
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by roseyfur on Sep 26, 14 4:07 PM
And we now have a hint that replenishes automatically!

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Sep 26, 14 5:13 PM
Love the new hint replenishing feature

The compare mode has changed too ... now it happens at night in the dark. I wasn't watching which scene was active and ended up doing the first dock scene and had to find 24 differences IN THE DARK!!! After 20 minutes I'd found 23 and used the hint for the last item. That'll teach me to pay attention to the scene selections!! lol

arenn01
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by arenn01 on Sep 26, 14 5:24 PM
It also happens in the fog. I think it will happen with all of the 'storm' obstacles as it rotates through. HATE that!! Compare mode is difficult enough as it is without adding in the storm issues.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Sep 26, 14 5:52 PM
Definitely a fan of the hint replenishment and the progress dots. Not a fan of the increase of storms in HOS especially during the compare mode.

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Sep 26, 14 6:08 PM
meinaz wrote:Definitely a fan of the hint replenishment and the progress dots. Not a fan of the increase of storms in HOS especially during the compare mode.

maybe that's why the developers gave us the gift of a replenishing hint. With the storms happening during compare mode, I think I'll be needing those hints more often

Has anyone noticed if we are penalized for using the hints? Do we lose experience or gold or scene progress? I've used all my energy for today and only just thought of the question.

Edited on 09/26/2014 at 6:19:38 PM PST

eliplus74
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by eliplus74 on Sep 28, 14 3:29 AM
Look what they've done to my game...

I do like a challenge and I liked that we get different kind of HOS (HOSs? Hosses?) but I think this might be ever so slightly overdone.

To have us groping in the fog or in the dark for 20 differences in some scenes, given that some items are minuscule and need to be clicked on just the right pixel to pick them up, proves rather a bit too challenging for my taste.

Didn't notice the replenishing hint feature as yet as I bought a lot of tuning forks just before the update. The replenishing feature probably only comes in when I'm down to my last.

mojitomomma
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by mojitomomma on Sep 29, 14 12:28 PM
I agree with all the posters. While the hint regeneration is nice as well as the lit buttons under each quest, IMO, the developers blew it with the non-stop comparison modes (which weren't a lot of fun to begin with but are now drudgery that just keeps coming). I think they forgot about the "fun" aspect. Making comparison mode even worse, is that the comparison mode is almost always in some kind of bad weather, which seems like a bad joke to me. Today I played a brand new to me scene, comparison, in the dark. There has to be other ways for the developers to get us to spend our in-game coins/gold. I feel they took an only so-so game that has potential and drove it off the tracks with this update.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 29, 14 7:33 PM
I like playing STD games, and am glad they are part of this game. And I always get rid of the weather patterns anyway, although I used to play in night mode, but not anymore. Not since I did it once with the STDs. It's near impossible to get it in the dark.

It's a shame though, that the devs felt they had to increase the amount of weather patterns. Hardly any place left that hasn't got one, and they come one after another as well.

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Sep 30, 14 3:03 AM
Way too many "find the difference" scenes, that have bad weather patterns. I just forced myself to play 5 split scenes in a row and none of them were "normal" weather. I could hardly wait to finish them because they are my least favourite scenes.

I agree with some of you, it seems that the developers are trying to make it harder to play, to encourage more in house purchases.

$200. may not seem a lot to clear the weather, but when you earn so little after completing a quest, it doesn't take very long to deplete the bank account.

It almost looks like the developers have started to ruin the game before it really gets off the ground.

The replenishing tuning fork was nice, but hardly compensates for the bad stuff that came with the new update.

Edited on 09/30/2014 at 5:19:45 AM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Sep 30, 14 4:16 AM
Totally agree......adding the fog and dark screens to comparison scenes is ridiculous and actually makes the game a true chore to play. Before this update, I looked forward to playing this game for the short time my energy would permit every day. After the update, all I look forward to is getting through these bad weather hazards! Have to agree that this will ruin the game for me too.....sad because it had a lot of potential.

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Oct 1, 14 5:56 AM
Totally agree also. Even before the update I noticed the modes did not cycle as I would get the same mode in a HOS several times in a row. Since the update, comparison mode with fog or night mode is what appears most often. I like a challenge but this is just frustrating, not fun.

lmay63
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by lmay63 on Oct 2, 14 6:28 AM
All in all, like the updates. The only time I pay 200 coins to dispel fog is in the Compare Mode! Argh! The fog is bad enough, but needing to click on both sides is frustrating and almost next to impossible.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 2, 14 11:43 AM
On the whole, I like the new update too. The fog in compare mode makes no difference to me as I paid to get rid of it before this update. I stopped searching with it in once my scenes got to level 3 and the amount of clicking got unbearable... if I want to give myself repetitive strain injury, I'd play a "shoot 'em up"!

lmay63
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by lmay63 on Oct 3, 14 3:42 PM
Wait, you paid to get rid of fog permanently? PLEASE tell me how. Don't mind the tornado or freeze, but hate the fog!

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Oct 3, 14 5:11 PM
I MIGHT not mind the fog in the STD scenes so much IF it was the same on both sides, so that by clicking to clear it on one side it would also clear that spot on the other. But the way it is now, it's the only mode in which I'll pay to get rid of the weather.
I don't LIKE STD in the dark (in fact, it's hardly my favorite mode in any case) but I can handle it...mostly because after while we know what the objects in the scene are. I just click each object (separately, so I don't get the "Whoa, not so fast" warning). If the object goes away, cool. If not, cool. When I then do the other side, I have a pretty good idea of what was and wasn't there, but I still click each one. I can usually get through all but one item, then I use the free hint.
None of the other weather bothers me...I click on items I know that can be in the scene, even when the chaos is messing up the words or whatever else is going on.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Oct 3, 14 5:16 PM
Imay, I don't think it's permanent. I understood Rumbitothecore's post to mean that once the hos scenes got to level 3. she/he started to always pay for the fog to be lifted. That didn't mean to me, that it was permanent but that it is what Rumbitothecore always does as the fog is so annoying and all that clicking does cause injury!!! I pay as well to get rid of the fog each time!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 3, 14 5:35 PM
lmay63 wrote:Wait, you paid to get rid of fog permanently? PLEASE tell me how. Don't mind the tornado or freeze, but hate the fog!

Ooops Imay, Diva is right I could have phrased it better
I should have said that even before the recent update I paid each time to get rid of the fog in a scene.
Sorry if I got your hopes up about a possible permanent banishment

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Oct 5, 14 4:19 PM
I would like to see the following changes added in the next update.

1) Option to turn off certain challenges / events (i.e. fog challenge)
2) Option to turn off certain types of HOS scenes (i.e. the compare scene).

These two would turn the game into sometimes very frustrating to much more enjoyable and yet still challenging.

Go to: