meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

New name confusion

[Post New]by meinaz on Sep 26, 14 6:42 PM
I have gotten so used to the misnomers that I am having difficulty finding the items with their correct names. I am glad that a lot of the misnomers were fixed, but it takes me longer to find them with the correct names especially with challenges.

New name confusion

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Sep 26, 14 7:55 PM
meinaz wrote:I have gotten so used to the misnomers that I am having difficulty finding the items with their correct names. I am glad that a lot of the misnomers were fixed, but it takes me longer to find them with the correct names especially with challenges.

Seconded.

I think it speaks largely to just how ingrained some of these scenes are in our memory from so much repetition. I know the "Boom" at the Fringe Hut was horribly misnamed from the beginning, but it still takes me a moment when I see "Arrow" now to understand the reference.

Same with the "Dragon" at the Circus Tent. And if you ask me, there was nothing wrong with "Dragon". The fact that it's now "Magic Ball" is a terrible "fix".

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

New name confusion

[Post New]by napoeon on Sep 27, 14 3:10 AM
TheSherlockian wrote:
meinaz wrote:I have gotten so used to the misnomers that I am having difficulty finding the items with their correct names. I am glad that a lot of the misnomers were fixed, but it takes me longer to find them with the correct names especially with challenges.

Seconded.

I think it speaks largely to just how ingrained some of these scenes are in our memory from so much repetition. I know the "Boom" at the Fringe Hut was horribly misnamed from the beginning, but it still takes me a moment when I see "Arrow" now to understand the reference.

Same with the "Dragon" at the Circus Tent. And if you ask me, there was nothing wrong with "Dragon". The fact that it's now "Magic Ball" is a terrible "fix".
I agree,we also have "2 doves" in the Carnival in Rio and "2 bags" in Pirate bay.But if the repairs put us to address the previous problem again(unclickable items) let's keep it as it is.

sararivree
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:New name confusion

[Post New]by sararivree on Sep 28, 14 6:50 PM
Tell me about it! I just played Captain's Cabin and got Glass Bottle on my list...I spent a good 5 seconds clicking on the glass jar before realizing they had switched the name of the one actual "flask" in the game.

amybeth714
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by amybeth714 on Sep 29, 14 4:21 PM
The one that keeps getting me is in the Circus Tent. They changed the "swift" to "bird silhouette" . I was just learning what a "swift" was!

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Sep 29, 14 6:31 PM
Well, I thought it was just my older brain having to function harder...LOL! I can relate to all of you about this thread! I can do pretty well at times with certain scenes. However, sometimes in the night I wake up and YES I come in to play the game for awhile. If I am too droggy I realize it by what my brain is doing or NOT. It is getting interesting. However, One thing I don't want to do in the night is play a scene with I believe Starfall in it. It stops as soons as you start playing. I get so really mad about it too, like it is personally against me! Not only has this game helped me with my learning new terminology but it has helped me realize I have acquired a few curse words I later feel guilty over as well. Now as part of my game strategies I am trying to relax more and play the challenges (all of them) more. Sometimes, I say I am going to go as fast as I can and do really well. Other times it is like that self imposed challenge makes me forget or not be able to find the letters backwards, let alone the scenes! LOL I was REALLYgreat anxiety when I couldn't play anything but hidden objecst, etc. Now, I still get a clang with some scenes, but been so much better. I might be able to forget the aggravating parts about the developing problems etc. in about a few months. But I keep swimming! LOL

MyXeBu4yS
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by MyXeBu4yS on Sep 30, 14 9:17 PM
Dear friends!
I will share with you my small sticky note ...
Here you are complaining about the incorrect name of the items in the HO-scenes, then write here that expand your vocabulary, get new terminology.
I am surprised by people who are always something do not like!
Here I am personally satisfied with everything - the old and new names of the objects, I just do not care, I still get all the fun of the game.
Even some bugs in the game are forgivable, as I understand it, that we are all people and there is such a thing as the human factor.
Keep this in mind please. Have a nice day.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Oct 1, 14 4:39 PM
MyXeBu4yS wrote:Dear friends!
I will share with you my small sticky note ...
Here you are complaining about the incorrect name of the items in the HO-scenes, then write here that expand your vocabulary, get new terminology.
I am surprised by people who are always something do not like!
Here I am personally satisfied with everything - the old and new names of the objects, I just do not care, I still get all the fun of the game.
Even some bugs in the game are forgivable, as I understand it, that we are all people and there is such a thing as the human factor.
Keep this in mind please. Have a nice day.

I was not complaining when I started this thread. I was just pointing out that I had grown so accustomed to the different names that I was thrown off by the new names. I hadn't realized how ingrained the misnomers were in my mind. I rarely, if ever, complain about games. I enjoy the game a lot. I just have to retrain my brain with new names.

MyXeBu4yS
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by MyXeBu4yS on Oct 1, 14 9:52 PM
Meinaz,
Retrain the brain sometimes useful. Human progress any better intellectual regress.
But in general I do not mean you personally, I mean the majority of users.

Go to: