bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 27, 14 12:29 AM
Your healing skills are world-renowned, and you are summoned to the Kingdom of Eagles to cure a young queen who cannot speak. Just after your arrival, the infant prince is kidnapped, and the queen is accused of dark magic, sentenced to death. Use your herbalism skills to solve puzzles and track down the real culprit. Not everything is as it seems and even the young queen has a dark secret of her own. Bring light back to the Swan Kingdom in this enchanting hidden-object puzzle adventure game.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

Re:Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan Collector's Edition

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 27, 14 5:04 PM
I played the beta for this one so long ago I just assumed it had already come out and I had somehow missed it! My notes tell me that I had a glitch near the beginning and the game froze but when I played again under a new profile and did things in a different order everything was fine.... and I see that there are no technical issues in that thread (which is an achievement all in itself IMO) so I am guessing that whatever the problem was, it has been fixed. I didn't consider this one CE material but with the sale this weekend I may re-consider; I need a second CE to go with the one I really, really want. Sometimes an easy game is just what I need, something I can play for the entertainment value and not end up beating the wall....... all I really need to know now is how long the bonus game(s) is.....? Oh, and I remember the original story by The Brothers Grimm but wonder just how faithfully this one follows it!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan Collector's Edition

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 27, 14 6:11 PM
The bonus game was about an hour and the game itself followed the original story more closely than any other game I've seen but that isn't really saying a lot. It's recognizably the same story with some interesting embellishments.

Personally, I found this game to be more engrossing and entertaining than Moulin Rouge MR is a beautifully made game but I found my eyes start to glaze over several times and had to quit after a few hours of game play. I played straight through on this one and could have happily played several more hours tomorrow.

Go to: