Which Fairy Tale

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

Which Fairy Tale

[Post New]by Althena533 on Sep 27, 14 7:06 AM
I know which fairy tale this game's based on! ;v) Have you figured it out yet? ;v)

Tauret
Marlin
Marlin
8,157 Posts

Re:Which Fairy Tale

[Post New]by Tauret on Sep 27, 14 7:45 AM
Hi,

It states on the Dev's site which fairy tale the game is based on. Not sure why it isn't included in BFG's info about the game, but since it isn't I won't name the story. Wouldn't want to risk being called a boob and ruining the game for anyone that doesn't go to other sites for game info and/or doesn't want to be told here what the Dev's say there.

Keep your dorsal fin up
Tauret

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 27, 14 8:00 AM
One of my favorites. There's some beautiful artwork for this fairy tale if you ever get bored.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Sep 27, 14 8:19 AM
Tauret wrote:Hi,

It states on the Dev's site which fairy tale the game is based on. Not sure why it isn't included in BFG's info about the game, but since it isn't I won't name the story. Wouldn't want to risk being called a boob and ruining the game for anyone that doesn't go to other sites for game info and/or doesn't want to be told here what the Dev's say there.

Keep your dorsal fin up
Tauret

Your post simply fascinated me. I don't think I have ever called anyone a boob in my life and do not recall anyone ever calling anyone else that here. A lot of other things I will not mention, but boob? I didn't even think you could use that word here on such a family friendly forum. But now that I know that boob is very much allowed, I shall have to consider using it more often.

Being the curious person that I am, I did a search of all the forums in the history of the game forums and found only 26 instances of boob being used in posts. I am raising that number now, however, for future boob seekers. Most referred to television sets and others to game characters and/or reconstructive surgery.

A couple of people used it to describe themselves, which I highly discourage. There are enough people in the world just waiting to disparage you, no need for anyone to do it to themselves.

And surprisingly enough, only one poster used boob to refer to another poster. And yes, it was because she was dismayed at a spoiler. So I suppose caution is warranted in incurring that particular poster's wrath and having to take on the title of boob of her day, since name calling seemed to be in order in those instances.

Considering the number of posters on this site, I do think the odds are in your favor of being able to answer the OP's question and not being called a boob. But, of course, you never know. The term may catch on and in mere days or even hours, everyone could be calling everyone boobs. But if everyone was calling everyone else a boob, the term would lose a little of the nasty impact so intended, would it not? If everyone becomes a boob, it would just be normal. It would be odd NOT to be a boob at some point. So how could it be that bad?

Just some silly thoughts for the day. Thank you for your interesting post.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Sep 27, 14 10:19 AM
Bartsister, you're so funny! I can't imagine not calling anyone a boob! It's pretty common in my family to hear "Don't be such a boob." It does mean "simpleton" or "idiot" after all!

My dog Boo is often called Boob, or Booby.
Then there's Jeremy Hillary Boob Ph.D., (of Yellow Submarine fame) who, it has been suggested, is a parody of "intellectuals."

It's all a matter of context, isn't it? Some see a body part, I see a term of endearment! Or a cartoon character...

We are all boobs at some point in our lives. We will probably see the use of the word increase during the weekend at least. Until someone complains about it being "vulgar" and it's added to the ridiculous list of offensive words! We can't even, in all seriousness, mention anyone using a nickname for Richard.

Tauret
Marlin
Marlin
8,157 Posts

[Post New]by Tauret on Sep 27, 14 10:46 AM
I don't consider being called an "idiot" or a "simpleton" a term of endearment. It's an insult here and/or in the real world.

At least in the real world I can openly respond with my preferred term(s) which would, unfortunately, be ****'d out by the auto censor.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Sep 27, 14 11:34 AM
Tauret wrote:I don't consider being called an "idiot" or a "simpleton" a term of endearment. It's an insult here and/or in the real world.

At least in the real world I can openly respond with my preferred term(s) which would, unfortunately, be ****'d out by the auto censor.

Notice I said we use it in my family! It's a rare family who doesn't say to other members, "Don't be an idiot," when they do something stupid or they disagree. Especially between siblings. It isn't a insult in my "real world" when taken in the context I described it! It is because we are close we know it isn't meant seriously.

Now, an insult that gets ****d out? That is probably not a word my family calls each other. I can't imagine responding to anyone in the real world with a word like that either!

I think it would be appropriate to say, "Don't be a boob" to anyone over reacting about the use of the word! Not saying anyone has, just in general if this discussion continues! Perhaps it a matter of locality? Words have more meaning in some places than others? Where I live "boob" is a gentle word! Like a silly blue footed booby... or Homer Simpson.

Edited on 09/27/2014 at 11:36:51 AM PST

Tauret
Marlin
Marlin
8,157 Posts

[Post New]by Tauret on Sep 27, 14 11:52 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:
Tauret wrote:I don't consider being called an "idiot" or a "simpleton" a term of endearment. It's an insult here and/or in the real world.

Notice I said we use it in my family! It's a rare family who doesn't say to other members, "Don't be an idiot," when they do something stupid or they disagree. Especially between siblings. It isn't a insult in my "real world" when taken in the context I described it! It is because we are close we know it isn't meant seriously.

Now, an insult that gets ****d out? That is probably not a word my family calls each other. I can't imagine responding to anyone in the real world with a word like that either!

I think it would be appropriate to say, "Don't be a boob" to anyone over reacting about the use of the word! Not saying anyone has, just in general if this discussion continues! Perhaps it a matter of locality? Words have more meaning in some places than others? Where I live "boob" is a gentle word! Like a silly blue footed booby... or Homer Simpson.

Sorry, but calling someone an idiot or a simpleton isn't "gentle".

Thank goodness we are from different families, yes?

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Sep 27, 14 12:13 PM
You misunderstood. "Boob" is the word I referred to as "gentle." Or, as my adult daughter sees it, "tame."

Then again, in context of sibling teasing or chiding even, "idiot" or "simpleton" wouldn't be that terrible! I would never call anyone online a name though. Or in real life unless I knew them well and we were like minded. I might call them boobs if they deserve it though!

I am confused though. You bought up the use of the word in the first place, in reference to those who might post a spoiler. You used it in quite a gentle, silly way. Now it's a bad word?

Of course, I don't see it a spoiler to mention what tale the game is based on. It's a Grimm brothers tale. Since the original post asked which one, I will risk it by saying "The Six Swans." That gives nothing away, since we know about the swans early in the demo.

Tauret
Marlin
Marlin
8,157 Posts

[Post New]by Tauret on Sep 27, 14 12:33 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:You misunderstood. "Boob" is the word I referred to as "gentle." Or, as my adult daughter sees it, "tame."

Then again, in context of sibling teasing or chiding even, "idiot" or "simpleton" wouldn't be that terrible! I would never call anyone online a name though. Or in real life unless I knew them well and we were like minded. I might call them boobs if they deserve it though!

I am confused though. You bought up the use of the word in the first place, in reference to those who might post a spoiler. You used it in quite a gentle, silly way. Now it's a bad word?

Of course, I don't see it a spoiler to mention what tale the game is based on. It's a Grimm brothers tale. Since the original post asked which one, I will risk it by saying "The Six Swans." That gives nothing away, since we know about the swans early in the demo.

You have misunderstood my post at the top of this page. I was dead serious when I said I didn't want to risk being called a boob. I find it insulting and in no way "gentle" or "silly".

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Sep 27, 14 12:44 PM
Tauret wrote:
twinsoniclab wrote:You misunderstood. "Boob" is the word I referred to as "gentle." Or, as my adult daughter sees it, "tame."

You have misunderstood my post at the top of this page. I was dead serious when I said I didn't want to risk being called a boob. I find it insulting and in no way "gentle" or "silly".

I apologize. I thought you were kidding and using the word in jest. With the next post being so silly about it, it reinforced that misunderstanding. I will assume we live in different areas of the world, and view the word from different backgrounds.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Which Fairy Tale

[Post New]by swedane on Sep 27, 14 1:41 PM
Althena533 wrote:I know which fairy tale this game's based on! ;v) Have you figured it out yet? ;v)

Sure have! The story is based on "The Six Swans." As a child, I swallowed everything Brother's Grimm & H.C. Andersen! Often followed by a Disney movie. They were truly magical times!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Sep 27, 14 2:09 PM
I came here to check the reviews on Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan CE and slipped down the bank to what reminds me of our old pond

I have been reading all the banter and laughing because it reminds me of the olden days when our Pond was full of us Fishies communicating with each other...Different generations and locations all over the world have sayings and words have different meanings and it is nice to learn about other Fishies point of view

Now, since I accidently saw the CE sale today----Back to the reviews

[Post New]by shelterhill on Sep 27, 14 2:14 PM
Ouch, I never read that tale, lack of upbringing???

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 27, 14 2:31 PM
Speaking of boobs (and I'm trying to inject a bit of humour here only ), has anyone seen the news about the young model who apparently found a surgeon to construct a fake third one in between her already enhanced pair?

My jaw almost hit the floor. So weird to see someone with three boobs . Apparently, she makes her own bras - well, you'd have to really, wouldn't you?

Edited on 09/27/2014 at 2:36:38 PM PST

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Sep 27, 14 2:35 PM
, Twinsoniclab. "Boob" has the same meaning in my part of the country. And if you google the definition, you will find "a foolish or stupid person" or an "embarassing mistake". Has nothing to do with anatomy and is nothing to get your shorts in a knot over. I totally understand what you mean by "gentle" term -- non-assaultive, not serious. Anyone who meant business would choose a much harsher term than "boob". I'm afraid some people take trivialities much too seriously.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 27, 14 2:52 PM
Tiger2010 wrote:Speaking of boobs (and I'm trying to inject a bit of humour here only ), has anyone seen the news about the young model who apparently found a surgeon to construct a fake third one in between her already enhanced pair?

My jaw almost hit the floor. So weird to see someone with three boobs . Apparently, she makes her own bras - well, you'd have to really, wouldn't you?

I read that it's a prosthetic but she certainly got a lot of attention.

I don't think I've ever been called a boob before but my friend and I routinely call each other dumb*ss*s as a term of endearment. We're both a little rough around the edges.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Sep 27, 14 3:56 PM
Wow! I am sorry if what I meant to be a fun post turned into one that hurt anyone's feelings or caused misunderstandings. I read Tauret's original post and thought: 1. No one should be worried about getting called names if they post something, and 2. Boob is not a word I particularly use or hear often. And if you say the word out loud a few times it does have a rather silly sound to it.

After I did the search and saw how people were using it over time (and not too often), I got the idea to post about it in a lighthearted way but was also trying to say that name calling in general is not a good thing to do. I did not mean for this to be a divisive issue or for anyone to be upset. My apologies if I started something. I think I do better sticking to posts about helping people with their games.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Sep 27, 14 4:47 PM
snickering.....
I have only ever called one person in my life a boob....and not to his face;
but I started using it to describe my ex who had some particularly odd ways of thinking about finance, home repairs, responsibility in a relationship, and in the showing of respect to all people.

To call him a boob was also a play on his name.....but after using the term to assuage my anger at the relationship and my own partnership in the codependency, I found I was able to lay the word mostly to rest....it was a fall into adolescent behavior, but then a divorce or the realization that one was in an abusive relationship can bring about adolescent feelings.

Thank heavens for therapy....
for meditation
for many, many other things, but especially for a sense of humor.
I hope no one here loses theirs....
because gaming was invented for us to either enjoy....or in the case of some games, get rid of our aggression in a more acceptable way.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 27, 14 10:19 PM
To the individual who started the "boob" conversation - I AM SO VERY SORRY FOR SENDING YOU A PM AND CALLING YOU A DORK I thought you were being funny. My humblest apologies.

To the last poster on this page: Sorry, didn't get the names:

Yes, this is SUPPOSED to be a forum for reviews, especially now that CCC is gone. But, it, unfortunately, has become a place of cattiness, nastiness and meanness that is causing long-time members and posters and reviewers to look in other ponds for a nicer environment. Just 'sayin.

Go to: