I'm dying, wanted to say my thanks...

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Sep 27, 14 11:03 PM
I finally got one of each item today, my daughter's birthday. I had to spend every penny, er, Bolgin I had collected to do it, but I did! I had hoped to reach 10 of every item before the cancer got to me...thought I'd be able to until that last update. I cried. I had gotten so close. Don't know why the game means so much to me, maybe because it's a world where I'm not going to die soon. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's ever helped me, bought my items, or sold them, those who just sent mail to chat and especially those who didn't bid against me! I'm sorry to those I outbid. I do hundreds of transactions a day. I bid on at least that many, put up at least fifty items a night when I am able to be awake. I buy about 10 items a day with the buyout price. Sorry to those I outbid at the last of an auction. I wouldn't if I could find reasonable prices for some things. I try and price my items fairly, looking at what they are actually selling for. I always check the lowest start prices before putting up an item for the 1st time.

I've made a notebook with lots of stats if anyone needs help or wants to see how to set one up for themselves.

It starts with each hidden object area and what is to be found there, where I can check off how many are left to find (from however many you are collecting of each) and the amount of energy needed to do the hidden object scene. It makes it easier to check what I want to try and get in that particular HOS.

The next section is the collection written out so that it shows what scene an object is found in on the left page with the item name directly across on the right with a drawing of the object, what I sell it for or see it go for if I've been bidding and how many I have of it all the way along the right edge. It says bronze, silver, gold or plat on top left of each right-hand page. The top right of that page says the set, such as: Moonflower. The bottom of that page says what you get for turning it in such as: 10 fungi tiles. I also wrote the set name on the top left corner on back of that page so I can find it quickly from either direction if I happen to be doing the ending soonest auctions and can't remember if I still need a particular item or how much it goes for.

I then have a section for each area of the kingdom. It lists which hidden object scene has what item for the areas in that village. As an example:

Landsong Village

Forgotten Glen has

Poster Glue for

Town Hall

At the back I have a list of items I don’t have 10 of yet, where I can win them and how many I still need to get. There is a page for what I want to bid on, about how high I will bid (for when I run out of funds on auctions or people bid up too high and I want to wait for the next week). I also keep track of how many items I’ve won month to month, how many per bronze, gold etc. that I needed for 1 of each, 10 of each etc. I’m happy to email pics of pages to anyone who wants to make their own and wants a reference. Hope this helps and thanks again!

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

Re:I'm dying, wanted to say my thanks...

[Post New]by Luckypool on Sep 28, 14 1:55 AM
What a lovely gamer you sound. I'm glad you've enjoyed this game and that it's helped you cope a little easier.

[Post New]by tatianakupry on Sep 28, 14 2:38 AM
I understand the struggle you are experiencing -- I beat the big "C" and hopefully you will too!! You need to keep your thoughts positive and playing the games on BIG FISH is a means of getting into that frame of mind. This game especially calms me as I listen to the soft background music == other games often bring calmness and serenity and hopefully "peace of mind" which reminds us that this game called "LIFE" is really about surrounding yourself with loving people and prayers of health and happiness for your future. Hope to hear something positive is happening in your life!!!

KKim
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by KKim on Sep 28, 14 4:22 AM
I am sorry to hear of your illness and I Pray for you in Jesus name. You are loved Kim

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Sep 28, 14 6:01 AM
((big hugs))
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
nana

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Sep 28, 14 1:54 PM
KKim wrote:I am sorry to hear of your illness and I Pray for you in Jesus name. You are loved Kim

What KKim said I'm glad the game has been such an entertainment for you, although I hope you spend plenty of time enjoying the real world, too.

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Sep 28, 14 9:52 PM
Thank you all so much! This is my 2nd time getting cancer below age 50. Not the kind of special I wanted to be! I had it 10 years ago. This time it came back with a fervor. I have four different types and my body is riddled with innumerable tumors. They won't do surgery because it will just cause more pain and not do much considering how much is in my body. My back already fractured from the tumors eating away the bone. Yes, the concentrating does take my mind off of the stabbing pains in my liver. I wish the laptop wouldn't rub the skin off where it puts pressure on me. But, at least I get to be mad at needing more coruscating dust instead of at my life! Thanks again for the warm thoughts and blessings. Much love back to all of you!

KKim
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by KKim on Sep 29, 14 4:13 AM
Kim x

Bookwyrm
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Bookwyrm on Sep 29, 14 8:41 AM
I had my first cancer at age 35. Then it came back 25 years later. I beat it off. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 29, 14 11:50 AM
Hey hellsfury64

I'm truly sorry to hear about your circumstances. I'm glad the game has brought you comfort, and I hope both the game and our community in this forum can continue to keep your spirits up as long as possible

bfgVaiya

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Sep 29, 14 4:34 PM

Hello, Hellsfury
Wanted to bring you a ray of sunshine. I just got the last Coruscating dust that I needed (at least for awhile) and I hope yours are starting to drop, too. Now I just need about a hundred nectar dews
Hope your pain isn't too bad today.

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Sep 29, 14 5:49 PM
Thoughts and prayers during this time. I'm so glad you found the game that has given you comfort and distraction.

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Sep 29, 14 8:41 PM
I am sorry to hear about your pain and I hope that things get better for you. You are in my prayers.

In Jesus name

please check your pm.

Edited on 09/29/2014 at 8:42:15 PM PST

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Sep 29, 14 9:52 PM
I am so sorry to read about this hellsfury. I am truly glad that you found this game that gave you some release from your real life situation.

I will add you to my prayer list.

{{{HELLSFURY64 }}} < -- nice calm supportive soft hugs

Edited on 09/29/2014 at 9:53:44 PM PST

[Post New]by becatoz on Sep 29, 14 11:20 PM
Dear hellsfury64~Just want to let you know how touched I am by your letters here. I know I'm not the only one so deeply moved! Wishing you Heaven's Peace here and now and for eternity. You're in my prayers. May God comfort you and ease your pain. May you be blessed, in Jesus' Name.

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 2, 14 12:33 AM
You're all so wonderful! You're making me cry.It's nice to know there are such wonderful people out there. Bless you all for your kind words!

lmay63
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by lmay63 on Oct 2, 14 5:57 AM
Dear hellsfury64, I truly sympathize with you. I agree, the real world can get very sticky and stressful, especially for people like you fighting illness. AK allows us all to totally escape into a fantasy world and forget our troubles and aches and pains for just a little while. Good luck and sending prayers your way.

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Oct 2, 14 6:27 AM
becatoz wrote:Dear hellsfury64~Just want to let you know how touched I am by your letters here. I know I'm not the only one so deeply moved! Wishing you Heaven's Peace here and now and for eternity. You're in my prayers. May God comfort you and ease your pain. May you be blessed, in Jesus' Name.
same thoughts from me. I am just not able to put into words how I feel as some of the others but I have been praying for you and your family and praying for God's Love and comfort to encase you. In Jesus Name!

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 3, 14 10:51 PM
I was trying to send a pic of my notebook to one of you lovely ladies to show how it's set up, but I couldn't just embed it in the private message. Is there a way to send an image here? Do I need to go to the facebook forum to send pics? I retyped some of it into office to share, but only text copied from there also. I'd love to post it here and see if anyone can add to what I've saved, like I didn't think of writing down the quests and what they required as I went along. That would be an awesome addition! It would be a complete step by step walkthrough then!

Go to: