lilnub8
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

starting to get frustrated

[Post New]by lilnub8 on Sep 28, 14 5:11 PM
I'm at level 61 and starting to get frustrated with found. It seems that it is getting very hard to eliminate all of the mobs. I continually have quests to kill the same mobs over and over with several quests going on at the same time requiring me to eliminate the same ones. I have two right now that have lemutes, one for 10 another for 17, I have one quest for arrows and another quest to eliminate 10 assassins which require arrows!! Its frustrating and becoming boring! Right now I'm struggling to get black handcuffs for the criminal. Been working on that one for days now! Also I seem to keep getting the same daily quest requiring me to go into 3 snow forest, 3 vampire castles and 3 labs AND lightening balls are hard to acquire too!

Okay I vented, maybe tomorrow will be a better :-(

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

starting to get frustrated

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Sep 28, 14 10:16 PM
lilnub8 wrote:I'm at level 61 and starting to get frustrated with found. It seems that it is getting very hard to eliminate all of the mobs. I continually have quests to kill the same mobs over and over with several quests going on at the same time requiring me to eliminate the same ones. I have two right now that have lemutes, one for 10 another for 17, I have one quest for arrows and another quest to eliminate 10 assassins which require arrows!! Its frustrating and becoming boring! Right now I'm struggling to get black handcuffs for the criminal. Been working on that one for days now! Also I seem to keep getting the same daily quest requiring me to go into 3 snow forest, 3 vampire castles and 3 labs AND lightening balls are hard to acquire too!

Okay I vented, maybe tomorrow will be a better :-(

I know that having quests for the same items or floaters at the same time is frustrating because it seems so stupid. What works for me is to do one of them at a time. If I had to get 10 assassins and also collect arrows at the same time, for me it's easier to banish the assassins first, then work on collecting the arrows.

It's more fun to banish the floaters because you get things from them. When you have to collect arrows and machetes and horns etc, after you are done doing all that work collecting them all, then they are taken away from you and that sucks! I do those last.

Lately I've been using honey pots to play every station over and over on the first island and I've been getting a lot of handcuffs from the Dragon's Lair and the School of Assassins (and I think the Vampire castle). If I want to gather lightening balls I play the Soaring Rock, the Lighthouse, and the UFO over and over.

Also, if you have amulets that boost your ability to gather collection items or misc items or access items then it really helps to use them.

I feel your frustration, we all do. I find that playing two games helps me because when I get stuck and bored with one game I switch to the other for a while. Hang in there and take breaks when you are getting frustrated. Playing games is supposed to be fun!

Edited on 09/28/2014 at 10:18:52 PM PST

coral_sea
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:starting to get frustrated

[Post New]by coral_sea on Sep 29, 14 4:21 AM
When you get two quests for banishing or collecting the same items, you are in luck. Obtain all of the required items for completing each of the two quests. When you have accomplished this, you can now complete both of these quests and the same objects or banishments will count toward each quest. If you complete one quest before the other the items will be used up on that quest and you will have to obtain them all over again for the other quest. Just be careful to avoid clicking on "Complete" before both quests have been completed.

Edited on 09/29/2014 at 4:22:53 AM PST

GameJack
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by GameJack on Sep 29, 14 7:52 AM
coral_sea wrote:When you get two quests for banishing or collecting the same items, you are in luck. Obtain all of the required items for completing each of the two quests. When you have accomplished this, you can now complete both of these quests and the same objects or banishments will count toward each quest. If you complete one quest before the other the items will be used up on that quest and you will have to obtain them all over again for the other quest. Just be careful to avoid clicking on "Complete" before both quests have been completed.

That is the way i did mine too. I am out of quests but it saves resources big time.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Sep 29, 14 3:00 PM
coral_sea wrote:When you get two quests for banishing or collecting the same items, you are in luck. Obtain all of the required items for completing each of the two quests. When you have accomplished this, you can now complete both of these quests and the same objects or banishments will count toward each quest. If you complete one quest before the other the items will be used up on that quest and you will have to obtain them all over again for the other quest. Just be careful to avoid clicking on "Complete" before both quests have been completed.

That's a good idea. Problem for me is that I always get bored waiting so long for the second one to fill, so I usually complete the easiest one first, then put the other one on the back burner until I get interested in working on that quest again. Besides, while you might save on resources waiting to complete them both at the same time, you have two quests tied up instead of just one. If you complete the easy quest first, then you could be working on a new or several new quests while you are working to complete the bigger quest.

Seems to me like six of one, a half dozen of the other.

Edited on 09/29/2014 at 3:07:27 PM PST

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Sep 30, 14 12:35 PM
what i hate is when you are asked for something you have been trying to save that is really hard to come by and you need it to open scenes especially on the second island come on found give us a fighting chance

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Sep 30, 14 11:41 PM
Relax. I've been frustrated too at times. I'm 13135. I will give up anything for you.

[Post New]by NorthStorm on Oct 1, 14 11:27 AM
If you get 2 different missions, one to gather weapons and the second to banish floaters, you're in luck. Once you accept the missions you will see an exclamation mark "!" on the required item from the floaters and locations. Gather them and use them to banish the floaters of the second mission. You'll have a better chance to gain the items needed when they are marked with the "!". Do the banishing then collect! That's something Elephant corrected from the previous updates.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Oct 1, 14 12:19 PM
I just tried a tip that was posted here by coral_sea. I had three different quests to banish the Northern Barbarian, all at the same time. I had to get 10, 12, and 15, so I did the Hunter's House thing and banished 15 Barbarians at once, and I was able to complete all the quests at the same time.

Thanks for the head's up!

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Oct 1, 14 12:20 PM
I appreciate all the tips that people offer here and in other posts because I'm pretty scatter-brained at playing this game, and sometimes what I do doesn't make any sense, I just play to play. But after reading many tips I've been trying them and they work!

Thanks.

lilnub8
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lilnub8 on Oct 1, 14 8:12 PM
Thanks for all the tips posted. I've been trying a couple of them as suggested. I've been able to complete several quests by following some of the great suggestions.

Thanks!!

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Oct 1, 14 11:01 PM
Maybe we should have a 'tips' section then they would all be in one place and people could add to it. What do you think folks?

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Oct 4, 14 1:53 PM
jazz905 wrote:Maybe we should have a 'tips' section then they would all be in one place and people could add to it. What do you think folks?

I think that's a great idea.

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Oct 4, 14 7:46 PM
Thanks winnerkooties for getting the ball rolling with the new thread. I am sure it will be helpful to us all and especially the newbies.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Oct 13, 14 4:22 AM
You want to talk frustration?

I have 3 quests that demand me to play the coliseum.

To play the coliseum, I need a Trident.

A Trident comes from either the Shark (needs a harpoon from Atlantis) or the Mummy (needs a torch from the camp).

I tried to do it with harpoons and sharks.

So I kept playing Atlantis. I rose four ranks in Atlantis so far. I get a harpoon roughly once in ten attempts.

I have banished the shark about 40 times by now and I have gotten exactly three tridents.

You can imagine, how many times I have played Atlantis so far...

Seriously, the drop rate for some things is ridiculously low. Especially these stones you need for the witches hut, which you need ten of...

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Oct 13, 14 4:53 AM
Turalyon, can you go on the 3rd island? If so make sure you have a horseshoe amulet, plenty of machettes or money and just blitz the Spartan Warrior floater and you will get plenty of amphoras and you can then play Colossus and you will get tridents. I have 250 tridents and that is where I got them from. I always blitz the 3 floaters on that island and while waiting for the floaters to drop again I head to the 2nd island and blitz mummies (shells) and Northern barbarians and sandmen (runes). I just go from 2nd to 3rd island until my time with the horseshoe runs out. Good luck.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Oct 13, 14 11:55 AM
Can't visit the 3rd Island yet...

Will switch to camps and mummies now, camp is cheaper in terms of energy demand.

Edited on 10/13/2014 at 11:56:28 AM PST

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Oct 13, 14 2:22 PM
Yes, I'm using the access items avatar.

And in regards to the fairy: I thought you couldn't choose which ones you get...

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Oct 13, 14 6:14 PM
Turalyon wrote:Yes, I'm using the access items avatar.

And in regards to the fairy: I thought you couldn't choose which ones you get...

I think Alex is talking about the fairy that some people purchased with diamonds last Christmas. She's kind of like the Hunter's House in that you pay her to go after an item for you. And Alex said it cost you 8000 coins for her to go get a trident for you.

Maybe this Christmas we'll have the opportunity again to purchase this fairy.

Edited on 10/13/2014 at 6:15:17 PM PST

Go to: