Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

I like this game...but it's an earned love

[Post New]by Katie318 on Sep 28, 14 8:03 PM
9 Elefants IS frustrating at first. Those darn films are hard to catch and some of the questions are true puzzlers. There are faults in the programming and right answers are sometimes wrong (and vice versa).

But I stuck with it amidst the frustration and a funny thing happened. I learned how to play the game and even how to beat it.

I have always hated certain puzzles...namely sliders and "untangle the ropes", but I learned I could not skip them here--and I learned to beat them.

The brain teasers I learned to work out via a pad and pencil and most times got them right.

And the films? I learned to play mindlessly as I watched TV or whatever, and I amassed 45 or more at a time, which took the pressure off the rest of the game...made me more tolerant of my flaws and those of the game itself.

This is a thinker's game, and in this era of "skipping the hard puzzle", I find it refreshing and tantalizing.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 29, 14 3:29 AM
Katie318 wrote:
I have always hated certain puzzles...namely sliders and "untangle the ropes", but I learned I could not skip them here--and I learned to beat them.

Kudo's for doing the slider-puzzles . I absolutely hate them and made sure I had enough films to skip them. Especially the 3 by 4.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 12, 14 6:19 PM
Katie318 wrote:I have always hated certain puzzles...namely sliders and "untangle the ropes", but I learned I could not skip them here--and I learned to beat them.
( *snip*)
This is a thinker's game, and in this era of "skipping the hard puzzle", I find it refreshing and tantalizing.

I hate sliders, too. I hate switch puzzles even more! The ones where you flip one switch and four others flip, too, and you have to turn them all on or off. If this game had them, I never would have played it through. (I actually like untangle the ropes. )

I refuse to skip any puzzles, so one thing I have to give this game: After doing a bazillion slider puzzles, and getting angry every time I saw another one pop up, I also actually know how to do them, now! I still hate them, though...

Go to: