nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

wishlist for developers to modify ingame

[Post New]by nedp on Sep 28, 14 10:25 PM
I have reached lvl 16 and i have a few gripes with the game - i really enjoy what they have done with it but when there is a curse on a scene it should only cost 3-4 rubies to remove not 14, i would be more likely to spend that each time to override the curse than 14 which is way too expensive and decide to play through ergo i would buy more rubies over time to do this

or better yet give the player an option to pay gold to override - large gold or small ruby payment as some may not be able / want to purchase rubies

plus if you are going to put a curse on the scene don't reduce the timer too ( to an unrealistic amount) - the mirror curse is virtually impossible to complete in the time allocated and you end up questioning is this game really worth it as you still have at least 2 more lvls in the scenes to go before mastering it and already its unplayable unless you pause the game to look for things

i wasn't a fan of using energy to move around between scenes but i have gotten used to it but to charge to 1) get see a quest icon and go to it 2) talk to a person & get the quest 3) travel to the site needed 4) enter the building 5) play the game - this is exploitation at its best so fine charge us for breathing! just get rid step 2 & 4 and it would be more realistic

could we have a help or explanation section as i would love to know what some of the symbols mean over the scenes i would help in gauging what im up for and just in general for the game would be good or how the rotation of different styles of play work i have to find something in a night scene and i have no idea how long that takes to come back round again - do i have to play a certain number of times or is it based on a ingame timer?

when you level up and have to find new things show us what the new items are - at the moment there are at least 2 scenes where i just click around "looking" for items because i have no idea what they look like and when i use hint it does it so quick zooming away i still don't get to see what the item looked like and are becoming quite frustrated and very apprehensive what it will be like in higher lvls

i know it sounds like a rant here but i really like this game and because its just in its infancy i really want some changes made to make it more playable and user friendly so it can rival boomzap etc and not have players decide to move on to something easier. so please if you are out there and listening can any of the above happen in the next update?

ned

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:wishlist for developers to modify ingame

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 29, 14 9:00 AM
Hey nedp

Welcome to the Pond! You've given some really great feedback for the game, and I've forwarded this along so the devs can take these possible improvements into consideration for future updates. They always appreciate getting feedback so they can make this into an awesome game

Happy Gaming!

bfgVaiya

nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by nedp on Sep 30, 14 9:16 AM
well thanks for doing that Vaiya!

but heres the million dollar question when is the next update possibly due - I know we seem to be using a sort of beta version so when will the other features they show on the main screen become a reality?

I just ask this because if I knew it was in the not so distant future I will hold out for some improvements but if not going to be for another 6mths then I may become too frustrated to go the distance.

sadly I have tried to find the developers site so I can see if there was any further news on the development of the game but I cant find them anywhere just 3rd party sites naming them

Alex_Gordon
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by Alex_Gordon on Oct 2, 14 7:37 AM
nedp, since the direct links to other sites are not allowed in the posts here, I've sent you a PM with the information you're looking for.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Oct 2, 14 9:46 AM
Alex_Gordon, great wish list, I agree whole heartedly.

#1 importance to me is I would like the Devs to make the clicking area on the left side of each hos scene more 'clickable', I am unable to get the Lock in the green swamp but only when it is on the left side on the screen. Same goes for the Blotter on the left side of the screen at the pier.

Pay gold coins to get rid of curse scenes.

Curse scenes should not reduce timer.

Stop using energy except to play the HOS scenes--I see the map will be very large and wasting energy for all that walking about will decrease game fun.

I really like the game and just want it to be more playable and fun

Edited on 10/02/2014 at 10:37:43 AM PST

nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by nedp on Oct 2, 14 10:02 AM
diva just a quick suggestion which you may have already tried but have you changed the game to windowed mode to see if there is still issues - I don't seem to have that problem but I also play in windowed mode just so I can access other stuff from my desktop.... but give it a go

as for the wishing well it levels up each time you access it so just go slow when clicking on it and read the window that opens and you will see a progress bar - just be prepared to spend rubies once it asks you to upgrade - the same goes for the gold idol and the tent and the ship

hope this helps you

ned

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Oct 2, 14 10:37 AM
editted: Thank You Ned! I tried it and that seems to work but it is so hard to see anything I really need to play it in full screen mode as some objects are very small!!! Hopefully they can fix it.
TY for the other tips! I will edit my previous post about the wishing well

I want to reiterate the need to take the reduced timer off cursed mode--especially in windowed mode, tiny objects+ the upside-down mode is impossible for me! and the cost is too high to remove it. Unless you want to give us a gem mine, that we can plunder daily for free gems

Edited on 10/03/2014 at 9:27:27 AM PST

nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by nedp on Oct 11, 14 6:20 AM
due to quests I have been having to access the ice cave and im finding it very difficult to keep up with the torches required to do this and im still on low lvls in this hos plus the windmill so im wondering what the total will end up being and how will we be able to get enough without spending days just trying to get enough to enter the cave then when you do the item doesn't drop (another gripe) and your back to square one - so Im appealing to the developers out there to increase the drop rate for these basic items and possibly keep it a 5 if there were plans to increase it as you lvl up in the hos

ta
ned

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 13, 14 3:38 PM
I can't play with curses. I just don't see well enough to do them with something extra blocking the view. I don't make enough money in the game to keep removing the curses. I can't move on in the game because I've used up my money on removing previous curses. It does remove the fun factor when I can't do much but one or two searches a day. Either the amount of max energy needs to be upped, or how much we use dropped, or item drop rate increased or if rubies fell from the sky! Something needs to give. I already had one real life friend stop playing, as it has no true storyline you can follow along instead of being hidden in the background and the frustration on top of it, well, he said,"not worth it".

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Oct 13, 14 11:24 PM
Please have the energy place, the gold statue and the items tent continue to give, we have paid for the upgrades already and just because we can't afford more upgrades doesn't mean it should stop cold turkey. TY

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Oct 20, 14 1:43 PM
I agree with Diva, not receiving rewards you have paid for at sites such as the well because you don't or can't afford to upgrade is a major issue with me. As I have said in other posts, this game has potential but until the issues we have brought to your attention are fixed I won't be wasting any more time playing.

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 20, 14 11:42 PM
I kept waiting to collect enough to buy the potion in the store because I need to use my cash to get rid of the curses or I am stuck and just can't play at all. Every time I think I have enough cash, the cost is higher? Is that my imagination? I'm pretty sure it wasn't over $6000 the first time I looked at it. Do the items get more expensive as you level up even if you've never used them? My amount of time playing is getting shorter and shorter due to the cost of everything. I'm sorry, but I don't think I will continue playing for much longer if this apparent wringing out some cash from the players doesn't stop. I will also not be recommending it if that happens to any of my hundreds and hundreds and hundreds(should I go on?) of fb gamer friends.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Oct 22, 14 9:24 AM
My first potion says 6500 coins at level 16. I am not buying it because I have to pay to find the tiny objects and more and more are looking like the same item as I progress

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 23, 14 7:18 PM
Hi Diva. If it helps I look for color in the huntsman's house. the spearhead is gold, and red for the mushroom. The kettle is usually on a gold or orangish background. Most items have about 3-4 places they move to, so if you can memorize or write down those spots right after you've played a scene it might help as you go along.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Oct 25, 14 9:36 AM
TY Hellsfury!

Another wish for the game to be more enjoyable is to give a daily player bonus,
Each day give a free helpful item or coins, like all the other free to play games do.

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 25, 14 8:06 PM
DivaDoodle wrote:TY Hellsfury!

Another wish for the game to be more enjoyable is to give a daily player bonus,
Each day give a free helpful item or coins, like all the other free to play games do.

I'd be happy with one divine sight a day, though enough cash to open new areas would be helpful. Ruby drops would be helpful. At least give us back the ones we used up in the tutorial. I, for one, would not have used them up on my energy bar if I didn't know they came so few and far between.

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 30, 14 6:45 PM
lawmaiden wrote:I have a suggestion for the developers too. Why not make items smaller and even harder to find, oh, and dont forget to speed up the timer too.
That way I can buy "more" diamonds to buy more hints, and provide you with more money to make more updates.

They aren't from here. They probably need you to hold up a sarcasm sign. They're probably off right now saying cool, the players get us and want to help us develop more games and make much more ???? ??? ?????? eh guys? (means give me money in Russian)

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Nov 3, 14 3:09 AM
bfgFlounder, hi Flounder! Would you know if any of our requests have been sent off to the developers or other powers that be? I'm no longer playing daily. It doesn't drop items often enough and wants crystals to pay for everything. I prefer another BFG free to play game, as that gives you the opportunity to earn in game cash to buy energy. It therefore lets you decide if you want to play for 15 minutes or hours at a time. If this game is not meant to let us advance fairly regularly without using a credit card, would you please let us know? I'll spend my time on your other games then. Thanks!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Nov 3, 14 9:55 AM
Hey hellsfury64 and lawmaiden

Thanks for the suggestions! I can definitely understand wanting items to be larger and easier to find, as well as an increased drop rate for items

I'll be sending this along to the appropriate team so the devs can take these into consideration for future updates!

bfgVaiya

nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by nedp on Nov 4, 14 2:44 AM
hey hells im sure they want the game to improve too because without the players there would be no game so im not going anywhere until the update - im certain they are monitoring our suggestions and some neat changes are on the way

Go to: