Can't complete quests

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

Can't complete quests

[Post New]by dk413 on Sep 29, 14 12:02 PM
I have reached lv 16 and for days have no quests that I can complete. The quests I have are either locked since early on or the 2 I do have (1) to find the holy water for Fr Fernando I have been trying to get for a week and it won't drop. (2) is to complete a collection. I have the HOS pieces but need to battle to get the other items. After 30 tries each, the Swamp & Hunting place in the what I need to battle isn't dropping either. I got not 1. So now I am stuck.

Has anyone else encountered this.

nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Can't complete quests

[Post New]by nedp on Sep 30, 14 8:56 AM
sorry so far so good on getting new quests and yes I find the getting collections difficult too as I have all the main ingredients but the unlocking ones I will have 3/4 of them but the last always takes me forever to get so I have been ignoring the collections quests and play normal and generally before long when im not concentrating on it soley it seems to drop

nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by nedp on Oct 5, 14 6:37 AM
hi all just thought id check if anyone was able to complete courtly dinner : aperitif (crimson flower) I have played the scene for 2 and a half days and I cant get it - whats worse it doesn't even show up in the possible things I can win - but the game doesn't say that im too low to have unlocked it and although you can only get it in a particular game mode its just never there even on the correct mode - so not sure if a glitch or what so thought I might see how you guys are going.....

well still cant get the crimson flower - I do see it in a particular mode but haven't had it drop yet but the reason I think this is a bug is that when an item is a quest item it has an exclaimation mark next to it when you are on the right mode but in this case nothing its like its not registering that there is an outstanding quest

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 7:54:44 PM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 5, 14 8:55 AM
Hi ned I haven't had any problems getting the scarlet flower. It shows up in the green swamp in the untimed ABC mode. I'm at trainee level (bishop) so you may have to be at that level for it to appear.

I hope it's not a glitch for you. Good luck

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 5, 14 9:25 AM
Hiya DK I'm not as high as you in levels... only level 12... so I still have lots of quests which don't involve assembling collections, but I'm also having problems getting the activation items for the collections and the stuff I need to battle to drop. I have only managed to complete the Guild Master Badge & Secret Charter collections so far. The Little Saboteurs collection is impossible! already I could make it 4 times over if I had enough candles etc. I have found some in HOS but they are few and far between and rarely what I need.

I'm also having problems finding torches for the ice cave. I need 3 for each time I search now! It makes my eyeballs spin to think about how many we'll need in the highest level

The drop rate for the battle stuff and collection activators really need to be increased. Frustration from not being able to find them ISN'T going to endear me to the game and make me want to spend money to buy them, more likely the game will end up in the recycle bin!! At the moment I am trying to influence the drop rate in my favour by having my fingers permanently crossed, which plays havoc with my mouse control and pleading. But there is only so much pleading at the screen I can do before my husband has me sectioned So pleeeeease Artogon, can you sort out the drop rate?

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Oct 5, 14 2:06 PM
They need to fix a lot to get rid of the agravation in this game! I was standing on the monk and clicked him to get my reward and it said i was out of energy!!! I was ON him for petes sakd with 3 energy left!!! lol

Ned I am having trouble with that one too. some quests I will spend days and all my energy on and still it will not make the needed item drop. I dont get it?

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Oct 6, 14 6:28 AM
Hi Rumbi, Now at level 18 after a week & a half, finally completed one task, getting the candle I needed to complete a collection but not the 1 for the red holy water for Fr Fernando at the library. So yeah I did get 2 new quests from the Sage guy but am stuck again I need to find a rodent at the Pier. Says I need to be at HOS crown level (4th I think) I am only 19% there & it only goes up 1 % per search. That is what happened with the holy water, once I reached the level for that it hasn't dropped in 87 tries.

A few other things I have found
1.The HOS & enemies items list does not change, scroll or truly reflect what you can get from them.
2.The drop rates for items you need is rare to none.
3. To open new scenes the requirements are ridiculous. At level 15 to reach the temple you 1st have to open the mountain pass it requires abt 15 each of 4 items (which rarely drop) or buy for lots of rubies, not coins; finally I opened the pass to find to open the temple required like 20,000 coins.

The game has potential but it definitely not ready for prime time. It needs a lot of work. I am hanging in there to see how quickly the developers respond and address the serious issues with it with updates before scrapping it.

nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by nedp on Oct 8, 14 7:21 AM
well still cant get the crimson flower - I do see it in a particular mode but haven't had it drop yet but the reason I think this is a bug is that when an item is a quest item it has an exclaimation mark next to it when you are on the right mode but in this case nothing its like its not registering that there is an outstanding quest

sorry for reposting but I got it wrong the first time and just edited my remark whereas I wanted to repost so someone higher up can see its still an issue and look into it

ta
ned

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Oct 8, 14 11:46 AM
I finally got a red flower Ned , sorry i did not make note of what the quest was called but it did have an exclamation mark on it.
I think it is a glitch that your quest is not putting an exclamation mark on the flower and I think you should contact CS with a dr felix so they can send to the Devs to investigate.

i agree Rumbitothecore, The drop rate for the battle stuff and collection activators needs to be increased. I have Zero drop rate since I started playing and have now quit even trying for them, all it does is waste energy. I am just concentrating on Quests.

dk413 are you still having troubles completing quests? did they ever unlock?

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 9, 14 9:45 AM
Hey dk413

I'm sorry this issue is coming up Since this game is so new, there's a lot the devs can do with information provided to them. I would definitely recommend contacting Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report.

Our Reps can get that information to the devs, and from there, the issue can be investigated.

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 11, 14 2:13 AM
nedp wrote:hi all just thought id check if anyone was able to complete courtly dinner : aperitif (crimson flower) I have played the scene for 2 and a half days and I cant get it - whats worse it doesn't even show up in the possible things I can win - but the game doesn't say that im too low to have unlocked it and although you can only get it in a particular game mode its just never there even on the correct mode - so not sure if a glitch or what so thought I might see how you guys are going.....

well still cant get the crimson flower - I do see it in a particular mode but haven't had it drop yet but the reason I think this is a bug is that when an item is a quest item it has an exclamation mark next to it when you are on the right mode but in this case nothing its like its not registering that there is an outstanding quest

Hi Ned! did you ever get the crimson flower? I was wondering if it shows up if you pay to change the scene mode (not that I want to spend rubies)? I didn't note if that was the quest name, but I am looking for it now and it pops saying I can onky get it in another mode. Do you know if it changes modes each time you play a scene or does it only change when you level up? Or when does it happen? Devs need to make a help button with detailed game play instructions per scene, battle, goodie drop area, etc. Thanks! You're an awesome help, by the way, just in case no one has told you.

nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by nedp on Oct 11, 14 5:22 AM
noooo.... still looking it seems the crimson flower is just a figment of my imagination. truly am over doing the same scene over and over again - another player described how they played with baited breath and fingers crossed and I laughed when I read it but wouldn't you know, its now me with every digit crossed and damn it ... its not working ....
it can only be found in the swamp in normal ABC mode but NADA
you don't have to say thanks (although I appreciate it) I had other players really help me in other games and its nice to pay it forward

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 13, 14 8:47 AM
I've got a missing ! now too ... no crimson flowers turning up and the Sky Water is missing it's !. So I can't finish the "To Bathe or Not to Bathe" quest.

I wonder if the items can be found in scenes which are locked at the moment... like the Temple etc... and that is why they aren't showing up in the Swamp anymore I'm close to getting the last few barrels and rims for the Gunpowder Bomb and I've squirrelled away the coins I need to open the Temple... should be there in the next few days and I'll let you know

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 14, 14 12:40 AM
they probably are in some currently locked places, but they still may drop as a secondary item even if not ! .

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 14, 14 12:47 AM
I'm still muddling along. Level10 now, (finally!!!) windmill is 11 so no extras from the collections for that yet. Really plodding with wasting money trying to get through curses (epic fail! repeatedly!) and now it wants rubies instead of cash when I have 2 of the get rid of fog potions. I thought they automatically activate themselves,but obviously not! Help anyone??? Please and thank you!!

Janimal1
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Janimal1 on Dec 2, 14 2:18 PM
I am a very very patient person and I rarely complain. I have bought rubies for this game and would do so again in the future, but not the way the game is now. The drop rate is so terrible and the rewards are pitiful. I have patiently played through to get to the moon/timed to get those stupid feathers on not one, but all of the ones you don't need wheat/torches etc on. Then I get to that one and not once do I get those stupid feathers. You need torches to get into that cave. It is like you are playing for nothing at all. You can't get candles, you can't get ribbons, you can't get this or that to progress. I am getting to the point that I am bored and losing patience and when I get to that stage, I walk away. I am very close to this point. At first, I thought I was going to like this game, but now, not so much. The ratio of enjoyment vs frustration is getting rather heavy on the frustration side. I see others feel the same way. Just wanted to have my say.

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on Dec 2, 14 3:03 PM
Welp, I'm stuck. I've got a collection I can't complete because the candles and wands won't drop. I've got multiple quests for an area I can't access because I can't remove the blockage since I need 10 barrels and they won't drop. I need to be in the mill at night, which I need to level up to but it requires a shedload of grain. I simply don't see how I'm going to proceed at this point.

[Post New]by twilitegrl1 on Dec 3, 14 4:46 PM
I have been playing everyday and I have even spent money and bought rubies to speed up gameplay. I keep completing character quests, but I still have not gotten a single quest for the portals unlocked yet. I'm level 15, but this has been going on since level 12. Is there a way to get the quests for the portals unlocked without completing the character quests to unlock them? Also, I have checked every question mark to get a new quest in the top portal, but it still shows a question mark above the portal. Does this mean I missed a question mark in the portal? Or what?

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on Dec 3, 14 9:17 PM
I think the question mark is a glitch. I wasted energy going back and checking. Unfortunately, while there are some baloney quests from characters, a lot of them will be required for you to progress to the necessary ones needed for the portals.

[Post New]by catsmeow299 on Dec 6, 14 6:41 AM
I need t get the seashell for the monk and it keeps telling me the pier and so its not showing the shell as a checked item for a quest and it isn't dropping a shell when I am trying have been wanting to complete and only item still need for him.

Go to: