Update 9/29

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Update 9/29

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 29, 14 5:34 PM
Just looked at my game manager and there's another update. Downloading now. Has anyone tried it yet? What's new?

newmangame
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Update 9/29

[Post New]by newmangame on Sep 29, 14 5:40 PM
Yes. So far, so good.

[Post New]by aensming on Sep 29, 14 5:48 PM
Not great here - my collections were all reset back to zero.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 29, 14 6:02 PM
Sorry to hear you were reset. So far, it's only been a few minutes..

1. New Helper (for Free)
2. Free Crystals --35 ( I think)

I guess they are trying to make amends... good job BZ. Now, onto the content

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Sep 29, 14 6:34 PM
No issues here...and it's an "Event"...nine days of Gizmotek stuff. The mermaid from the fairy glass game, a bird of some sort as a helper, and, maybe, a pocket dragon coming.
Looks like fun so far!

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Sep 29, 14 6:38 PM
You have to be joking, don't they learn from previous Updates that these glitches occur and people lose things? Now Im too scared to download, and it always pays to come on here and read the forum first.

ekstra2000
I don't get why some players are losing things and yet ok with others

Is it the difference between PC and an iPad

Thank you

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Sep 29, 14 6:39 PM
ekstra2000
Hopefully no 'find' 14 or 18 of things?????

[Post New]by Janee_12 on Sep 29, 14 6:40 PM
I've lost all my diamonds & collections. I think I'm done - this is so unprofessional of BFG.

[Post New]by skeeter099 on Sep 29, 14 7:10 PM
I should have known better than to update day 1. Lost all inventory/collections/coins and started me back at level 1 with the exception of the scenes and mini games I had unlocked are still unlocked. Ridiculous.

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on Sep 29, 14 7:26 PM
What Level had you been?

[Post New]by CaraliM on Sep 29, 14 7:37 PM
I lost almost 200 crystals and coins, and everything I had in collections after updating to ios8. Not happy because I paid for the crystals. Playing on an iPad.

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on Sep 29, 14 7:57 PM
Thanks for the update. There are some really cool things in there, however, there are also some bugs to work out. I would like to know why you would release a timed event on the first day of an update before you worked out those bugs? People have yet again lost ENTIRE collections, gems, money, and progress in the game. I experienced flashing white outs between zoom scenes in the HOS, eventually resulting in the game crashing and me losing energy PLUS a special.

I've got a timed quest that tells me I have nine days to complete it. The first requirement is that I give 10 invention fuel. Who thought this was a good idea? You have not resolved the drop issue for the Gizmotek items. There is no way I will be able to find and/or give 10 invention fuel in 9 days. Not happening.

Let's recap my playing of the Glitterstone mines scene: Lost due to glitch, 84 energy and no rewards acknowledged due to crash of scene. Reload entire game. Lose bonus from special used. Replay Glitterstone, no invention fuel given. So far in two scenes I have used up all my energy and gotten nothing...zero...zilch...and de nada. How am I supposed to fulfill this quest when I have been playing for WEEKS trying to get 10 coruscating dust to fulfill the shrine quest? BTW, I'm still missing the 4 fairy queen cards from OVER A WEEK AGO that I inquired about with customer service and have received no reply other than a "Ummm...we're running behind" letter.

I, like so many others, are terrified to do anything in the game because we lose things all the time due to programming glitches. Every time I complete a part of a task, I wince because at the back of my mind I'm pretty convinced you are going to steal back my inventory...or set back my quest...or lose all my progress.

Thank you for the update. Now that everything awesome has happened, can we please make it work?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 29, 14 8:28 PM
I was just forced to accept an iPad update if I wanted to play the game.

To say that I am steamed is putting it mildly.

The update set my name back to Steward. When I try to input the name I was using before the update, it tells me that name is already in use.

The update gave me a new Friend Code and the few friends I had have disappeared. My coins have been set back to 1,000 and my crystals set back to 10.

My level remains the same, the energy amount looks correct, my inventory was carried over, but all my collectibles are missing. My achievements appear to be as they should be.

[Post New]by tjmorenalpb on Sep 29, 14 8:43 PM
I'm having the same problem. I was forced to update the game on my iPad and now I lost all my gems, coins and all collectibles. It also gave me the same name as above poster "Steward" and I lost all my friends.

I had over 350 gems and over 30k in coins. I can't believe that we are forced to update if we want to play and it takes everything we have played countless hours to accumulate.

PLEASE FIX THIS BF. So unacceptable!!!

Edited on 09/29/2014 at 8:44:19 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 29, 14 8:48 PM
tjmorenalpb wrote:I'm having the same problem. I was forced to update the game on my iPad and now I lost all my gems, coins and all collectibles. It also gave me the same name as above poster "Steward" and I lost all my friends.

I had over 350 gems and over 30k in coins. I can't believe that we are forced to update if we want to play and it takes everything we have played countless hours to accumulate.

PLEASE FIX THIS BF. So unacceptable!!!

I had registered my game to save to cloud and I thought maybe I could get my old game and friend code back by using that. But when I tried to manage my account, it appears that my log in info has been transferred to the new friend code!

victory99
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by victory99 on Sep 29, 14 9:09 PM
I got very excited about the update because I thought they had fixed the problem of not getting cash rewards when I turned them in. Big mistake! I still am not getting the cash reward but it is still taking the collection items. They want me to upgrade the locations in Gizmotek and they require alot of coins. I won't be able to update them unless I buy coins. This problem is ongoing and frankly, how difficult could a fix be? I've got alot of collections (with cash rewards) just sitting there because I'm afraid to exchange them and lose the items. Could someone please help?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 29, 14 9:12 PM
victory99 wrote:I got very excited about the update because I thought they had fixed the problem of not getting cash rewards when I turned them in. Big mistake! I still am not getting the cash reward but it is still taking the collection items. They want me to upgrade the locations in Gizmotek and they require alot of coins. I won't be able to update them unless I buy coins. This problem is ongoing and frankly, how difficult could a fix be? I've got alot of collections (with cash rewards) just sitting there because I'm afraid to exchange them and lose the items. Could someone please help?

If you've already gone the BFG route (through their customer service). I would go to the Boom Zap site (BFG won't allow me to put the link) but go to their forum. They may be able to help.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Sep 29, 14 9:45 PM
OH CARP!! I was just about to D/L the old Gizmotek updates and now you say:

a) There's a new TIMED update

and

b) People are still losing all their hard-earned stuff or not getting the rewards that they should when they turn in collections.

and c) Some people are being totally reset!!

I just went to the Boomzap Forums and don't see anything about this there.

I love the game but I'm really getting discouraged. Maybe it's time to move on.

[Post New]by Katielicious on Sep 29, 14 9:54 PM
Updated ipad... Level 41... Reset name, collections, friends, coins,and diamonds... Very bummed....hoping there is a magical solution out there

CarenNH
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by CarenNH on Sep 29, 14 10:04 PM
So is this problem relegated solely to the ipad? I'm on a PC but have held off updating. Anyone updated successfully on PC?

Go to: