But ¡¡¡¡¡¡ I have 26 Golden oak in my collection
and 11 Invention Fuel in my inventory

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 29, 14 9:08 PM
key word "FIND".. man, I hate these. They want you to go back and relocate all the items, some of which you may have a ton.. I say they should expand their imaginations.. and think of some true quests.

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Sep 29, 14 9:58 PM
yep, that is the Key word "FIND" !

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on Sep 30, 14 12:39 AM
I finally "found" all 10 invention fuel. Next up..."find" 5 each of 3 kinds of fairy flowers you already have a shedload of, which won't drop for me now that I have to "find" them. I've played the scenes multiple times and have nothing to show for it but 2 Whispering Lilies.

Required: 5 Fireblossom Passion flowers, Rosetum Gardens
5 Tender Touches flowers, Apricus Plaza
5 Whispering Lilies, Coral Cove

of which I've got 63 of the Fireblossom ones and 23 of the Tender Touches in my inventory, rolls eyes.

Rosetum Gardens at the Grand Master level will cost you 420 energy IF you find the blessed things every time. Good luck with that y'all.

Apricus Plaza: 325 energy

Coral Cove: 400 energy, at the bare minimum

And you have nine days to do this. I pretty much have written this quest off as undoable.

jaredbmccomb
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by jaredbmccomb on Sep 30, 14 1:15 AM
I've been saving my soups for this...

At least with find quests you can keep the items afterwards. So you can exchange collections if they complete them.

When playing Apricus to get some of those flowers I also got 12 cheese fondues from exchanging six of another collection that I was only missing one item from. It might be worth going for those flowers first.

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Sep 30, 14 1:18 AM
Oh how frustrating disgruntled_ewok
and here we are wanting to move on in the game, desperately waiting a 100% workable update and then back to this new thing they've invented 'find'.

I don't remember having to 'find' before, it was always give give give.

And the way they've manipulated it is that what you have to 'find', just doesn't drop hoping you have to buy more resources (food energy).

At least we don't have to 'find' 14 of something (dust, flowers) a small mercy

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Sep 30, 14 1:21 AM
disgruntled_ewok and jaredbmccomb - I gather since you are already doing these new quests, you didn't lose anything with the new update. I don't know why the update is working for some and not others. Im in a quandary. To Do or Not To Do and Wait. Hmmmm, ponderings

Pinkrollsroyce
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkrollsroyce on Sep 30, 14 4:14 AM
I'm playing on a PC haven't found any issues yet.

The 'Find' quests have been in the game right from the very beginning. I don't know whether it's due to the amount of items that we have in our collections that has suddenly made the 'Find' quests more noticeable to some, or whether we had a batch of 'Give' quests that made some forget the 'Find' quests existed.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Sep 30, 14 5:11 AM
So, let's see...you want to visit a site three times, get the three items you need, go to the next and do the same, and complete the entire nine-day quest just to say you did it. I don't have a lot of energy, but I'm trying every day to fill a few collections that give me energy (that totem one is a BIG help).
This is a fantasy game. Classic fantasy dictates that quests are not easy...otherwise, they're not really quests.
I'm running low on sandwiches, so I'll have to bite the bullet and play some more Tri-Peaks, even at the lower payout. But the quest itself provides some food rewards.
I'm going to get in there and look for the stuff, and hope I finish. If not, at least I will have had plenty to keep me busy in the meantime!
I'm not trying to come across as sarcastic, but if it's too easy it's no challenge at all.

[Post New]by tatianakupry on Sep 30, 14 5:51 AM
What is TRI-PEAKS?
I still have not found the last RELIC for FAIRE Exuberance? Any suggestions? Would appreciate your input.
They should have had a journal someplace where we could look back at the conversations from the characters that drop clues as to what to do. This would help with searches as well as what decisions to make in purchasing and "giving" to characters such as the PEDDLER -- I do not trust him -- what do you think?

mouser9169
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by mouser9169 on Sep 30, 14 5:53 AM
I'm with Ekstra.

At least it looks like the drop rates for invention fuel have been tweaked.
I got two in my first go. Hoping the rest of the quest goes as well.

And yes, I'll be playing lots of tri-peaks to buy salmon sandwiches to get the energy I need to finish all these quests. Don't forget that even though they lowered the fungus hut payout, it's still a net gain of 260 bolgins every time you play (plus XP).

Edit: Got the invention fuel with no troubles. It's 28 quests, but it looks like a lot of them are the "check out the flying machine", "ask so and so for help", variety, so it really isn't as bad as it first appears.

You also get some nice rewards: 5 crystals for 10 quests and two moonfell soups if you finish.

Edited on 09/30/2014 at 6:17:09 AM PST

arwen777
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by arwen777 on Sep 30, 14 5:55 AM
tatianakupry wrote:What is TRI-PEAKS?
I still have not found the last RELIC for FAIRE Exuberance? Any suggestions? Would appreciate your input.
They should have had a journal someplace where we could look back at the conversations from the characters that drop clues as to what to do. This would help with searches as well as what decisions to make in purchasing and "giving" to characters such as the PEDDLER -- I do not trust him -- what do you think?

Tatianakupry tri-peaks is the card game known as fungus hut at the skycrystal atriums.

ryouger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

A Journal ~ Great Idea!

[Post New]by ryouger on Sep 30, 14 8:28 AM
I like this idea because I know sometimes I have rashly clicked thru conversations that I wish later I'd read better.

tatianakupry wrote:
They should have had a journal someplace where we could look back at the conversations from the characters that drop clues as to what to do.

ryouger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Sorry to hear!

[Post New]by ryouger on Sep 30, 14 8:30 AM
With all I've read, it seems like the glitch may have impacted tablet users more than desktop/laptop users... I'm desktop-play and have had (knock on wood) no losses or serious issues. The only "glitch" I've noticed is I have to log out then back in to receive items purchased thru the auction.

Alikatt8 wrote:disgruntled_ewok and jaredbmccomb - I gather since you are already doing these new quests, you didn't lose anything with the new update. I don't know why the update is working for some and not others. Im in a quandary. To Do or Not To Do and Wait. Hmmmm, ponderings

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Sep 30, 14 1:48 PM
I, for one, would like to say something nice about the "find" quests.
I hadn't finished the quest from the prior update where the cartographer (Luther?) requests 25 fuels. By the time I found the ones for the Gizmotek quest, I was able to use them with what I had already found to fulfill that quest also.
Now I need a bunch of gems. (It took about 25-30 visits to Coral Cove to get all the flowers there...but I did it.) I will go back in tomorrow and start looking for them...am out of energy for today.
In thanks for this update, which has a LOT to do, I made one of my rare "real money" purchases and got 100 crystals. Added to the ones I had, I bought 5 jars of honey...one used today and one for each of the next three days. With the shrine in play, I'll be able to do a lot of searching for those gems.
So I don't complain about the "find" quests...they provide us with fuel for additional collections.

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Sorry to hear!

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Sep 30, 14 8:40 PM
ryouger wrote:With all I've read, it seems like the glitch may have impacted tablet users more than desktop/laptop users... I'm desktop-play and have had (knock on wood) no losses or serious issues. The only "glitch" I've noticed is I have to log out then back in to receive items purchased thru the auction.

Alikatt8 wrote:disgruntled_ewok and jaredbmccomb - I gather since you are already doing these new quests, you didn't lose anything with the new update. I don't know why the update is working for some and not others. Im in a quandary. To Do or Not To Do and Wait. Hmmmm, ponderings

Thank you ryouger, I finally shut my eyes and pressed install. I too figured with the replies on here (thank you) that it didn't affect the PC players. So all good, so far.
Thank goodness we have this forum to share our 'adventures' and help each other where we can

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on Oct 1, 14 7:07 AM
I've played this very nice Event-Quests and I'm keen as mustard to this all.
This was the best update ever.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Oct 2, 14 6:06 PM
I haven't updated yet because of all the reports of problems. Now I'm finding myself short of coins because I'm doing the upgrades for the Gizmotek buildings, which I just got into before the latest update came out. Does anybody have a rough idea of how much food, or bolgins, or HOS it will take to get through the quests? Are they mainly Finds or Gives? I don't have the option of playing nine full days in a row to finish, and my mouse hand wouldn't hold up that long anyway!
Many thanks for any info.

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Oct 2, 14 6:19 PM
cabega wrote:I've played this very nice Event-Quests and I'm keen as mustard to this all.
This was the best update ever.

I have to agree with you on this update too. Now back to the Dark Chest.

Edited on 10/02/2014 at 6:20:14 PM PST

mouser9169
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by mouser9169 on Oct 3, 14 1:11 AM
rosiebvt wrote:I haven't updated yet because of all the reports of problems. Now I'm finding myself short of coins because I'm doing the upgrades for the Gizmotek buildings, which I just got into before the latest update came out. Does anybody have a rough idea of how much food, or bolgins, or HOS it will take to get through the quests? Are they mainly Finds or Gives? I don't have the option of playing nine full days in a row to finish, and my mouse hand wouldn't hold up that long anyway!
Many thanks for any info.

I can tell you I finished it in one day with two runs through the fungus hut (20 games each time). But - I had almost all of the items for the "give" quests sitting in my inventory already, which helped a lot.

Play it smart, use your energy wisely and buy lots of salmon sandwiches and you'll be fine.

Go to: