Sep 30, 2014 - Pop up surprise

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Sep 30, 14 12:13 AM
50% OFF Premium Scenes
from Chapters 1 to 4

From Facebook:

Dark Manor
16 minutes ago
Hey folks,

If you've been wanting to unlock Premium Scenes for Chapters 1 to 4, today is your lucky day. For the next 24 hours, these scenes are 50% off!

Edited on 09/30/2014 at 12:16:48 AM PST

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

Re:Sep 30, 2014 - Pop up surprise

[Post New]by moosetracker on Sep 30, 14 2:15 AM
Huh???.. Why only the ugly scenes...

#1... They are pretty cheap.
#2... Most of us buy the startup packages that open these.
#3... They are very, very ugly.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 30, 14 3:45 AM
"Lucky day"? Apparently they are only targeting brand new players who don't know that the norm in the past year has been 50% on ALL scenes. In this way the newbies will spend their gold on the low paying cheap scenes instead of having the chance to select a later premium scene that will help them advance faster and take advantage of the boost in scavenger hunts (provided of course that they manage to find the required energy, an impressive feat these days).

And yes, what about the special packs- don't they want to sell those?????? because they are definetly not worth the money without the premium scenes.

Now if the discount was 70-80% I might consider buying some of those earlier scenes for my new manors that don't have the packs just for the special items. But at those exorbitant prices? Not worth it.

It all goes back to last December, when they decided to sharply curtail the amount of gold in the game while leaving all prices at the previous, high levels. My first manor that I had started in October had ample juju to open automatically all scenes in the later chapters as they have been coming out. The second one is almost 90 and is still missing 700k+ juju to open 17.1, plus it has most of the available land which is almost full. At first I was surprised but then I figured that one of the reasons is that the first manor has many more gold items than the second one and I've realized that up to a point I've been paying more and more real money to get less and less. Until a couple of months ago, when I decided to stop spending on this game (except maybe for some special packs) unless something really exciting comes up, like a collection of new items. And I've been waiting... and waiting.

jbehrens
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by jbehrens on Sep 30, 14 4:44 AM
What a pointless sale considering the starter packs go all the way up to Chapter 6. I was really hoping for a sale like this but in the higher chapters.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Sep 30, 14 6:38 AM
jbehrens wrote:What a pointless sale considering the starter packs go all the way up to Chapter 6. I was really hoping for a sale like this but in the higher chapters.

Couldn't have said it better myself. They must really be trying to get rid of us long time players.

Kitsunegrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Kitsunegrl on Sep 30, 14 7:45 AM
Very disappointing. I have been waiting for a premium sale, but for the higher chapters. They are so expensive and after the last gold sale, I decided not to spend any more money on the game until we get some cool new attractions. So I have been patiently waiting and trying to hoard ny gold.
I will not purchase anything unless it is on sale now.

Watrewoman
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Watrewoman on Sep 30, 14 12:14 PM
I purchased gold just for the higher premium chapters when they went on sale. I am an "Oldie but Goodie" too, and lately, I am feeling less and less appreciated.

Cglider
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Cglider on Sep 30, 14 12:25 PM
Kitsunegrl wrote:Very disappointing. I have been waiting for a premium sale, but for the higher chapters. They are so expensive and after the last gold sale, I decided not to spend any more money on the game until we get some cool new attractions. So I have been patiently waiting and trying to hoard ny gold.
I will not purchase anything unless it is on sale now.

Could not agree more. I'm not spending any more real money on a game where it is obvious that Big Fish doesn't care what the customers think. Too many glitches, broken promises, and now destroying the signature artwork....why encourage them by giving them money?

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Sep 30, 14 12:29 PM
oh i suppose it could be a waste of gold but what if those starter packs never turn up waiting patiently waiting level 18 and only one showed up and that was a few days back waiting

MidnightMoss
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by MidnightMoss on Sep 30, 14 2:45 PM
karatopa wrote:oh i suppose it could be a waste of gold but what if those starter packs never turn up waiting patiently waiting level 18 and only one showed up and that was a few days back waiting

The first starter package appeared 10 days ago, and I'm waiting for the 2nd ones... I wonder if that's not one of these "displaying errors"!
I'm going to wait until they all pop in, I'm certainly not buying these 1st Premium scenes are they are proposed today, they're far too expensive!

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Sep 30, 14 2:56 PM
How expensive are they? I remember them being fairly cheap, so much so that the 50% doesn't really save much, but if you buy them at half price, they reduce what you get if you intend to buy the starter packs..

It is sort of like a 50% sale on a Farris Wheel that is (74 gold bars normally you save 37 gold) (yeah !) verses 50% sale on a mothers day flower (3 gold bars you save 1 bar, and everyone has more then they want) (hmmmp !)

Edited on 09/30/2014 at 2:58:38 PM PST

Go to: