catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Pirate's Solitaire 2 here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 30, 14 1:10 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 09/30/2014 at 5:39:45 AM PST

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Pirate's Solitaire 2 here!

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Sep 30, 14 1:45 AM
This game is as simplistic as you can get. That makes it boring. It would have been better to make it a golf solitaire instead. At least you can make chains of matches instead of just making pairs.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 30, 14 5:42 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Pirate's Solitaire 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Pirate's Solitaire 2.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:30:34 AM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 30, 14 8:57 AM
Based On The Demo Only

After reading a post that this game was a match two card game, I played the demo on the premise that its target audience are probably children under 5 years old or people who have learning difficulties, to see if it was suitable for my youngest grandson (aged 4) who has just started school. Apparently he is very good at counting but lacks in recognising the written numbers.

The music is 'pirate' themed - which he will love.
The graphics are bright and clear - which he will also like..
Each hand is fairly short - which is good so he won't get bored.
I loved the inclusion of the shopping trolley icon where he can buy Jokers, etc, he does love to shop!

I would definitely recommend this game to anyone with a child that struggles a bit with numeric literacy.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Sep 30, 14 2:25 PM
Love solitaire games but not this one. Seemed totally pointless, nothing happened. As another reviewer said suitable for a four year old to recognise numbers. Come on Big Fish give us some credit please.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 30, 14 5:16 PM
wyebank wrote:Love solitaire games but not this one. Seemed totally pointless, nothing happened. As another reviewer said suitable for a four year old to recognise numbers. Come on Big Fish give us some credit please.

Well, maybe this game is a part of BFG's Family-Friendly Fare.

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Oct 1, 14 10:19 AM
Simplistic and boring.....Like the easy mini games in a hidden object game...

Edited on 10/01/2014 at 10:20:12 AM PST

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Oct 1, 14 12:11 PM
wyebank wrote:Love solitaire games but not this one. Seemed totally pointless, nothing happened. As another reviewer said suitable for a four year old to recognise numbers. Come on Big Fish give us some credit please.

Agreed. This seems a repeat of that stupid golf game last week. What's the point of a sale if there is nothing to buy?

Great Game! (Part 1)

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Oct 6, 14 2:51 AM
(Part 1 of 2)

I know I am in the minority here, but I thought it was a great game. I didn't think I would like it that much, but I gave it a try and I got hooked. The game is good for both adults and children.

There are 2 modes: Junior and Sea Wolf. Each mode has 12 levels and there are 10 hands in each level. I started on Junior and you have to complete all 10 hands of level 1 to advance to level 2. Then complete all 10 hands of level 2 to advance to level 3, etc. So with 12 levels and 10 hands per level, there are 120 hands for each mode.

The premise is simple. Each hand has a different layout of cards and each pile of cards is face down, except for the top card in each pile, which is face up. You also have a deck at the bottom. You click on any 2 face up cards that are the same rank, regardless of suit. So for instance, you can click on any two 3s, 7s, jacks, or aces to remove them. Then, the cards underneath the removed cards become face up. When you click on your deck, it turns over 2 cards at a time. You can remove cards from the playing field by clicking on 2 cards from the field or a card from the field and a card from your deck. You can also click on 2 matching cards from your deck to remove them, if you want to use the cards beneath them. There are Special Cards in each hand that have a silver frame. Your goal in each hand is to remove all the Special Cards. When you remove all the Special Cards in a hand, it is completed and you can proceed to the next hand.

(See Part 2)

Edited on 10/08/2014 at 1:24:59 AM PST

Great Game! (Part 2)

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Oct 8, 14 1:21 AM
(Part 2 of 2)

As you play and remove cards, you receive money and your bank is displayed at the top. At any time, you can click on the Store and buy Bonus items with your money. Also, periodically during the game, you will earn Bonus items. There are 3 Bonus items: Mulligan ($2,500), which is like an Undo and lets you take back your last move; Joker ($5,000), which lets you make any card a Joker that can be removed by any other card; and Reshuffle ($8,000), which allows you to reshuffle the deck and try again. Your primary goal is to get ALL the Special cards in each hand for a perfect score. However, you don't have to get them all and as long as you complete a hand, you can proceed to the next hand. At any time, you can go back to any hand in any level that you have completed, in order to play again. You usually do this if you didn't get all the Special cards in that hand. There is also an Options screen, with basic things like volume and cursor type, plus an Achievements screen,

I thoroughly enjoyed the Junior mode, but was disappointed with Sea Wolf mode. With that mode, you can't go back and replay any hand in a level. The first time around, it proceeds like Junior mode. However, if you continue to another hand, you CANNOT go back and replay prior hands, if you didn't get all the Special cards the first time. Whenever you go back to a level in Sea Wolf mode, all the hands are locked again, except for the 1st hand. For example, if you want to replay hand 7 in a level, you have to start with hand 1 and complete hands 1 through 6 again, to get to level 7. I did not like that. But the big thing is that I originally thought that Sea Wolf mode would have 120 different hands from Junior mode; meaning there would be 240 different hands in the entire game. Sadly, that is not the case. For some strange reason, all the levels and hands in Sea Wolf mode are exactly the same as in Junior mode. So, I don't really understand its purpose. There are the exact same 120 hands in both modes, the only difference being that with Sea Wolf, you have to replay everything to get back to a prior hand in a level. For this reason, I have lowered my rating slightly.

All in all, this was a great game and I highly recommend it. I give this game 2 thumbs up and I rate it 8.5 Stars out of 10.

(End of Review)

Edited on 10/08/2014 at 1:51:04 AM PST

Go to: