ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

IPAD users-- 9/29 Update: MAJOR BUG- DO NOT DOWNLOAD

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 30, 14 8:05 AM
I'm on a PC and my update is working fine. However, I noticed on the boards a lot of IPAD users were having issues.. major issues. I checked the BZ site and here's what they said...

We have discovered a major bug in the iPad/iPhone update which causes game progress to reset. We are currently investigating what caused this and if you were affected, it would be very helpful if you can also send us the iOS version of your device (found in Settings > General > About > Version). In the meantime, we also suggest getting in touch with Big Fish Customer Support (http://www.bigfishgames.com/help) so they can monitor the issues on their end as well. Thank you!

My suggestion to my IPAD using friends.. don't update if you haven't already. For those who did and are facing problems.. see above..

Re:IPAD users-- 9/29 Update: MAJOR BUG- DO NOT DOWNLOAD

[Post New]by Katielicious on Sep 30, 14 8:11 AM
I too had ipad issue reset.... I just went and hit options in upper right corner, selected account, and selected player login.... Entered email address and password... Boom.... Everything's back !!!!! Key is to log back in... Name came back, collections, friends, coins, diamonds... All back... Feeling better now... Hope this helps

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Sep 30, 14 9:07 AM
Hiya,

Thanks for taking the time to post, our teams and the developers are working hard to pinpoint the source of the trouble that users are seeing after installing this update.

We will be updating the forums as soon as we have more details.

Thank you for your patience, I'm sure we will have this resolved very soon.

bfgMurrumbidgee

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 30, 14 9:36 AM
Katielicious wrote:I too had ipad issue reset.... I just went and hit options in upper right corner, selected account, and selected player login.... Entered email address and password... Boom.... Everything's back !!!!! Key is to log back in... Name came back, collections, friends, coins, diamonds... All back... Feeling better now... Hope this helps

Thank you! I was tempted to try that last night, but was worried that the email and password might have somehow became linked with the new friend code the update appeared to have assigned me.

But I figured I had nothing more to lose, and gave it a try. And it worked!

[Post New]by INGRIDESPINAL on Sep 30, 14 10:48 AM
I did not update the game, it did itself. Today everything appeared lost... I try to log in and it says my email is not recognizable... What do I do... I spent a quite bit of money in this game, is not fair...

Corian
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Corian on Sep 30, 14 12:46 PM
Katielicious wrote:I too had ipad issue reset.... I just went and hit options in upper right corner, selected account, and selected player login.... Entered email address and password... Boom.... Everything's back !!!!! Key is to log back in... Name came back, collections, friends, coins, diamonds... All back... Feeling better now... Hope this helps

Thank you! My game updated automatically apparently, so when I started the game today I suddenly found myself rewatching the introduction movie and then a new game started. Luckily your suggestion worked. I was already logged in but I simply chose login again, entered exactly the same email address and password and everything was back

WCP57
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by WCP57 on Sep 30, 14 5:32 PM
Read warnings too late. Downloaded update yesterday and lost practically everything like the other ipad users. Did the new login this morning and got everything back or so i thought. That was shortlived. Now my game is back to where it was right after the update.. Most of crystals and coins gone, no collections, and no friends! FRUSTRATING! I also see a sale notifications for crystals. Is that the reason why i lost crystals so i can buy them back again? Funny way of making a sales pitch.

[Post New]by Katielicious on Sep 30, 14 7:02 PM
Update - when I came back from work this evening, it did look like it reset again (name back to steward, collections gone, diamonds 10 etc).. Had to go to options in right corner, hit account, and hit login again with email and password....Got things back to normal (including the progress I did from this morning)... So the server is indeed keeping our real games data somewhere... Not ideal to have to log in after being away for awhile... But at least you can still play as yourself and progress your game play forward until BF figures out how to keep us permantly connected... Hope this update helps

bwuerthele
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by bwuerthele on Sep 30, 14 7:06 PM
My game updated automatically and I find that I have to log-in every time I play. It is totally annoying but I haven't lost anything.

[Post New]by Katielicious on Sep 30, 14 7:11 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

Thank you! I was tempted to try that last night, but was worried that the email and password might have somehow became linked with the new friend code the update appeared to have assigned me.

But I figured I had nothing more to lose, and gave it a try. And it worked!

Yay !!!!

WCP57
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by WCP57 on Sep 30, 14 8:40 PM
I think i might have lost my stuff for good. I had done the login that was suggested and i did recover my old game back but for some urgent reason i had to log out without playing the game. Big mistake!! When i logged in again, i was back to the new status after the update and never recovered. Major setback. For what it's worth, don't do as i did.

[Post New]by Zyndaharre on Sep 30, 14 11:09 PM
I'm wondering if my 33 levels are all in vain. My collection items are all gone and my name is Steward. Like the others, my iPad updates automatically.

I had been unable to create an account for some odd reason and just never fretted too much about it, until I saw in this thread that this was the only way to restore your items.

I've was able to create an account today ... is it too late for me?

Edited on 10/01/2014 at 6:02:30 AM PST

Corian
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Corian on Oct 1, 14 8:12 AM
WCP57 wrote:I think i might have lost my stuff for good. I had done the login that was suggested and i did recover my old game back but for some urgent reason i had to log out without playing the game. Big mistake!! When i logged in again, i was back to the new status after the update and never recovered. Major setback. For what it's worth, don't do as i did.

Do try to login again, like Katie... I had to do it again after quitting the game, but after the second time I've been OK (I hope, haven't checked today)

Corian
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Corian on Oct 1, 14 8:16 AM
As a matter of fact I did get the message that I was logged in as Steward again, with full energy at my current level (instead of half, which was what I actually should have)! But also with a lot less gold, so I decided to log in again and then as the times before I had my own energy, gold and items again.

[Post New]by INGRIDESPINAL on Oct 2, 14 5:02 AM
I thought the same thing, did they make this mess in order to keep us spending money?Not cool is that so... I had all the best appreciation for Big Fish Games, I really did. ?
Back to the Game. I reached Level 40, is there anyway to recover all? Thank you guys is good to know I'm not the only one ?

[Post New]by Catwo12345 on Oct 3, 14 12:55 AM
Next time they should text their updates better and Big Fish your communication with your customers needs a lot of improvements.

Go to: