temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

bored Bored BORED! So what will the next update bring?

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Sep 30, 14 9:22 PM
Feel free to post what the next Update will bring, may bring, should bring, won't bring, hasn't brought and when this might happen.

Having been thoroughly disappointed with the last Scavenger Hunt (scenes 1.1 and 1.2 and couldn't use Lightening Blitz) and the last Sale (Premium scenes in Chapters 1 to 4), I figure that DM is working on a way to invite specific players. You know! What we've all dreamed of! Of course it won't be for us, just another way to increase the number of players (and revenue). Before October 24.

Your turn...

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:bored Bored BORED! So what will the next update bring?

[Post New]by govols2 on Sep 30, 14 9:37 PM
Unfortunately that seems to be the issue with a lot of these F2P games. Bunch of stuff at the beginning to have a base following and then little things to bring in new players all the time. The original players get left behind because there is a constant influx of new players. It is a shame really since DM is the only F2P I have actually spent real money on.

Perhaps the next sale will be premiums 5-8 then 9-12 and so on.

Hoping for new chapters with some cool items to get instead of the kinds that have been out recently

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Sep 30, 14 9:55 PM

It could go piecemeal that way. Maybe new Chapters will be delivered one scene at a time?

New stuff will have to make an appearance sometime...

LordBalderdash
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by LordBalderdash on Sep 30, 14 10:16 PM
One scene at a time would be a better outcome than another long wait. We have had single scenes before (the bonus scenes). Players have waited long enough for new content.

The last Scavenger Hunt was inferior and lacked imagination.
I hope that they don't plan to rehash the same thing each month.

Bored and bred,
Balderdash

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Sep 30, 14 11:03 PM
I don't think that the Zoom will come back. That would require a technical understanding of the problem.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Sep 30, 14 11:55 PM
I am still hoping and waiting for them to fix the neighbor blitz.. That SHOULD be in the next upgrade, but since it hasn't happened yet, I can't hold my breath..

Don't understand how attracting a different player base, while you systematically drop your current base player through lack of service would give them a larger base.. Different base, maybe.. But not larger.. You need to retain while attracting..

Imajica83
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by Imajica83 on Oct 1, 14 12:00 AM
May bring a new chapter. May bring Halloween goodies, probably recycled, hopefully not. May bring back the old method of editing, probably not. May bring more NEW & IMPROVED versions of old scenes, hopefully not! Hoping for an exclusive Halloween bonus scene with a cool item and a decent payout.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Oct 1, 14 12:00 AM
I think that the Neighbor Blitz will continue to only use the lowest paying scene for the chapter. What I suppose that they are actually working on is to more randomly (and evenly) select the Chapter for the Blitz.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Oct 1, 14 12:08 AM
govols2 wrote:...
Perhaps the next sale will be premiums 5-8 then 9-12 and so on.

Excellent prediction!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Oct 1, 14 1:08 AM
Howdy all!

Oh temp, you read my mind!! I was thinking about opening a thread with approx. the same questions (also to check that the forum was not dead!).

Nothing new and original on my side. I am bored as well and am hoping for a new chapter (one scene at a time looks like an excellent idea to me!), new items for the grounds (and the gifts) and the zoom out back so we can at least enjoy visiting neighbours!! One can always hope...

I also think they will go on with the current selection of neighbour blitzes, unfortunately.

And I really hope that the next Scavenger Hunt will be more appealing that the latest one (it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to do better next time).

New update? Mmhh... "soon" but "a little later than planned" ;-))

MidnightMoss
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by MidnightMoss on Oct 1, 14 1:51 AM
For the SH I used to check the chapters to be played, without even having a look at the list, raided the Neighbours until the map moved, get the thing and play normally...
On the other hand, making the items available only in normal or scrambled mode makes the SH more difficult and thus maybe, more challenging; that they would allow lightning blitz to make things more exciting is weird, because then, all is over in 30 minutes!
Now I discovered the joy and dread of boosting, I like that they're not that long to complete, with either 1 or several manors (it gets boring to click on neighbours during some whole 15 days before said SH! I'd rather do it during the SH, which is doable if it's shorter)

So the next SH, well as it USED to be: but for that we need a fixed NB!

Obviously Updates including fixes AND new items (of each category) AND new chapters or bonus scenes AND some land etc. should absolutely be the norm!

Now for this one update, what I would love is a fixed NB, by the way why are you all so persuaded 1 scene per chapter is going to be the new standard??!!! We do pay for each scene! Either by using ??? machines & putting stuff on the grounds, or by buying Premium scenes! Has anyone had any hint that this limited NB will stay on??

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Oct 1, 14 3:06 AM
MidnightMoss wrote: [...]
On the other hand, making the items available only in normal or scrambled mode makes the SH more difficult and thus maybe, more challenging; that they would allow lightning blitz to make things more exciting is weird, because then, all is over in 30 minutes![...]

Howdy MidnightMoss,

Being able to play normal mode only doesn't make the SH more challenging. You just burn a LOT of energy simply waiting for the items to appear on your lists. It's more a question of luck and patience than a question of challenge. You can do a scene in 10 sec or 10 min, it doesn't matter at all, there will be 12 items for you to find and they'll be here until you find them.

Should the Lightning Blitz have worked (for me), the SH would have been packed in a few minutes, but I wouldn't have spent so much energy on scenes which 1. I *really* dislike and 2. pay nothing in XP or silver (and 3. in which items didn't even count as it was the wrong scene!).

I can understand that they want us to play on our grounds rather than on Neighbour Blitzes, but under these conditions and with 2 scenes only, the last SH hasn't been much fun to me.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Oct 1, 14 3:25 AM
MidnightMoss wrote:
Now for this one update, what I would love is a fixed NB, by the way why are you all so persuaded 1 scene per chapter is going to be the new standard??!!! We do pay for each scene! Either by using ??? machines & putting stuff on the grounds, or by buying Premium scenes! Has anyone had any hint that this limited NB will stay on??

From what Customer Service has said, I agree with you.. They say that they want to fix it so we get all the scenes as a random choice in the NB. This was their statement even before it was discovered that new manors got stuck with the gypsy scene as a constant..

My only issue is it is a very easy fix as randomization is programming 101, yet it has been months, and it still isn't fixed..

MidnightMoss
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by MidnightMoss on Oct 1, 14 3:46 AM
Hi moosetracker, well you reassuring me greatly as for what they INTEND to do in the end! Which is enough to make my day...(how easily am I contented! )

As for the SH, all the modes or not, well, I too prefer it to be far less energy consuming! I was trying to think about why the developers had intended the changes, and did not voice my own opinion in this precise instance, I did read (here or on Facebook?!) several people complain about the little time they spent finding the items!

I for one never read the list,as I already said, and never spent a lot of time or energy finding them, either because the NB was included, or because the scenes where to search were very limited in number! So nothing really changed the SH as I experienced it, time or energy wise, except the ugly scenes!

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Oct 1, 14 4:04 AM
Yeah, not to burst your delight.. I am sure they do want us to get all the scenes, I was going to add a P.S. to my last post, but since you have posted, figured it best to create a new post..

I do have suspicions that the only reason our random selection got so messed up and it is taking so long to fix, is they do not want to create a true fair random selection.. Since that is easy to do, and I have no idea how code for a random selection could give the resulting bug we have.. I am suspicious they are trying to rig our random selection in a way that all scenes come up enough not to raise our suspicions, but in truth the lower paying scenes will come up more often.. Sort of like the ??? machines are not truly random.. We do get gold, and we get the bursts in the silver / energy / gold, but there is something coded in that makes sure the times they show up is not totally random.. The gold random is definitely weighted to only come up rarely, and only offer so much gold per day.. And if you are like me, and really work those machines, you can tell when they have been tinkered with to make it more difficult.. They are trying to do something similar with the NB I fear.

It might be interesting once they do ever put in the fix, to chart what scenes do come up to find out if certain scenes show up more often.

Edited on 10/01/2014 at 5:44:59 AM PST

MidnightMoss
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by MidnightMoss on Oct 1, 14 4:32 AM
Oh! I'll be watching closely moosetracker !
And I'm afraid you're right about the ??? machines, and unfortunately probably about NB too!

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Oct 1, 14 12:13 PM
MidnightMoss wrote:...

I suppose mainly because this doesn't seem like something that could 'accidentally' become broken. I think that it took effort to make the change. It also makes it impossible to get a Premium scene if there is a regular scene open. And regular scenes have to be opened in sequence - so only the lowest paying scene will be used.

The current work-around is to save up your gold and buy the highest numbered Chapter's Premium scene that you can afford. And don't open any regular scenes for that Chapter! For at least two of us, this has resulted in that Premium scene being the most frequently one offered while doing the NB.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Oct 1, 14 12:44 PM
temp, while I agree that this bug did not just occur without planned programming that caused it.. I still think it is a bug, and not working as intended.. If it was, then we would get word on FB, or from CS reps that this was intended, and they would give us a promise that it will be fixed..

As I stated before, I think they were trying to weight the random scenes we pulled so that the low paying scenes turn up more often, (which in itself is not playing fair), but it was not their intention to do away with the other scenes ever showing up..

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Oct 1, 14 1:32 PM
moosetracker wrote:temp, while I agree that this bug did not just occur without planned programming that caused it.. I still think it is a bug, and not working as intended.. If it was, then we would get word on FB, or from CS reps that this was intended, and they would give us a promise that it will be fixed..

As I stated before, I think they were trying to weight the random scenes we pulled so that the low paying scenes turn up more often, (which in itself is not playing fair), but it was not their intention to do away with the other scenes ever showing up..

Can't wait for the next update! Perhaps we'll find out?

MidnightMoss
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by MidnightMoss on Oct 1, 14 1:38 PM
To be done with the NB question in this thread, I do hope it will be fixed, I seem to recall moosetracker alluding several times to some answer CS had given her...

About the seasonal items, I can't wait to see them coming around, not that I'm really sure I would use them, I never ever celebrated Halloween, nor care that much, but I enjoy witnessing it, and I'm looking forward to visiting those of my neighbours that will do something special at their manors...

I wonder about that "death" walker I've seen at many of my neighbours'... I'd certainly love to see that one walking around my places!

Apart from the bugs fixing,I do think each update should bring several new items. I wonder how long it takes to create one... Somebody somewhere said they might be a very small team working on DM; but I had a look at "info" then "credits" in the options section of my game: it seems that a reasonable number of people are working on this game!

Go to: