JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

What has happened to Between the Worlds.

[Post New]by JoyWales on Apr 6, 09 12:19 AM
I have waited ages, hoping we would get this one since playing a demo elsewhere. Was so pleased yesterday and downloaded it at once. Now it has seemingly vanished and is not showing in my game manager either. It is still in my download manager so I know I was not dreaming.
Very puzzled.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:What has happened to Between the Worlds.

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 6, 09 12:24 AM
i don't know what happened at your end but I see that you posted shortly after midnight BFG time. The game may have disappeared from sight for a short period as it went from being TGT to being today's game. It is there on the Home page.

Edited on 04/06/2009 at 12:25:04 AM PST

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Apr 6, 09 12:27 AM
Its there, Joy: Today's New Release

or copy and paste this:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/4857/between-the-worlds/index.html

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Apr 6, 09 12:38 AM
thank goodness, I really want that one. I looked several times over about 5 minutes, after I had downloaded the new game and then again after checking in my Big Fish game manager.
It is definitely not in there so will have to download it again - most weird. Thanks anyway for replying,
Joy

[Post New]by fish2chips on Apr 6, 09 1:18 AM
I downloaded this game TWICE!,and it is playing in SLOW MOTION! anyone have the same problem?

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Apr 6, 09 2:35 AM
I also was waiting for this game to show up @ BFG. I downloaded it, played a few chapters and then closed the game. When I went to play again, I had to start from the beginning...what a shock!!!! Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does the game not save when exiting? Disappointed.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 6, 09 8:43 AM
tubergal wrote:I also was waiting for this game to show up @ BFG. I downloaded it, played a few chapters and then closed the game. When I went to play again, I had to start from the beginning...what a shock!!!! Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does the game not save when exiting? Disappointed.

I haven't tried this one yet, but I have found that especially in the trial periods some games will not save if you just exit directly from the scene you're in without going back to the main menu first. And yes, that usually means saying "yes" about 2-3 extra times, but it often does get the game saved when exiting directly won't. I don't mean exiting by hitting the X in the upper right corner when I say exiting directly. There are some games that provide the option of exiting immediately from the scene or going back to the main menu, and these are the ones I'm referring to.

HTH!

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Apr 6, 09 8:59 AM
tubergal wrote:I also was waiting for this game to show up @ BFG. I downloaded it, played a few chapters and then closed the game. When I went to play again, I had to start from the beginning...what a shock!!!! Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does the game not save when exiting? Disappointed.

I am having the same problem. Really annoying. Hope they issue a patch for it.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Apr 6, 09 9:24 AM
Hello everyone! I'm sorry to hear that you’re experiencing technical difficulties with Between the Worlds. I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are very well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Also, I just thought I’d pop in and let you all know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Between the worlds. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 6, 09 9:48 AM

Yes, but not in this game: two other games that I wanted, and was forced to return them: Coyote's Tales, and Serpent of Isis. The Auto Save didn't work.
Custom Support checked it, and gave me at the end redeem coupons. You are the second one I hear with this.

Make a habit: always play a couple of minutes, exit, and enter again, to see if the Auto Save works. If it doesn't - don't buy the game. Really frustrating... .

iamliesa
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

i'm sooo disappointed...

[Post New]by iamliesa on Apr 7, 09 7:28 AM
i was so excited to finally see a hidden object game, but i sure am disappointed.. i put it on my laptop and played with no problems.. then i put it on my desk pc and don't you know it has squares around all the objects you have to find..what's with that? why have the game if everything is "squared" up for you?
any one else have this on their pcs?

gagirl45
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by gagirl45 on Apr 7, 09 10:07 AM
I also had the problem with the game not saving on exit. If you go to the map and exit thru it ,, it will save.

shamrck3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by shamrck3 on Apr 7, 09 11:46 AM
During the trial period I exited the game thru the main menu and it was saved, however when my trial period ended after I purchased it with a game credit and went back all the levels I had completed were gone and I had to start over. That's sooo frustrating...

sweetie83
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie83 on Apr 24, 09 4:52 PM
shamrck3 wrote:During the trial period I exited the game thru the main menu and it was saved, however when my trial period ended after I purchased it with a game credit and went back all the levels I had completed were gone and I had to start over. That's sooo frustrating...

That problem can be avoided with this game and others by clicking purchase this game from the game manager page when the game closes. The the game you have is activated as it is.

I had no problems whatsoever and love this game.

[Post New]by sag1940 on Jul 1, 09 7:18 AM
Yeah, I have had this gane since April, and have yet been able to have the pleasure of playing. This stupid game swill not allow me to enter it,='s realm of mystery. I am offered a page of blurrs I get really nice swirls and a side view of words like, play, end, close,.. There is a glich in it and I personally would like to know in simple english how to dowload it. Thanks SAG

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Nov 4, 09 3:00 PM
fish2chips wrote:I downloaded this game TWICE!,and it is playing in SLOW MOTION! anyone have the same problem?

SOOOO......... Slow.......... What's wrong with this game?

Go to: