SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Friday Fun

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Oct 3, 14 1:39 PM
Earl: “Doc? I think my wife is going deaf. It seems to get worse each week – I’m scared. She is too young to have hearing problems.!”

Doc: “Hi, Earl. I can fit her in on Tuesday. Until then, there is something that you can do for me which will help in the diagnosis. When she is not looking at you, speak to her from 40 feet away, 30, 20, 10, and then right behind her. Let me know at what distance she responds to you.”

That night, Earl had the perfect opportunity to help the doc diagnose his sweetie’s hearing problem. She was in the kitchen at the counter preparing dinner. He was watching TV in the living room (no surprise there). Yep! It was about 40 feet away and her back was to him. He began the experiment.

Earl: “Hey, honey! What’s for dinner?”

No answer. That was understandable – it was quite a distance away and there was noise in the kitchen. Earl walked to the door of the living room. Thirty feet away from his wife. Perfect.

Still no answer. Well, it WAS thirty feet away. Not too bad. Earl walked to the entrance of the dining room. Twenty feet away.

Still no answer. Earl’s heart sank a bit. His little honey was losing her precious hearing. How would she enjoy all of his tall tales of fantastic exploits? He walked to the entrance of the kitchen. He was now ten feet away.

With trepidation, Earl asked again, “Hey, honey. What’s for dinner?”

His heart plummeted when he still received no answer. This was so much worse than he though. Tears gathered in his eyes as he walked right up to her, his wife’s back to him.

Earl tried one last time, “Hey, honey… what’s for dinner?”

Eyes flashing, his wife faced him and said, “Oh, Earl! For the fifth time! Chicken!”

Happy Weekend!

Re:Friday Fun

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Oct 3, 14 2:51 PM
I just read this to my hubby, and he called me "Earlene"!!!

Too funny....

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Oct 3, 14 2:57 PM
Tee-hee!

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Oct 3, 14 3:06 PM
I told this to my daughter. I got the look! But my parrot laughed hysterically! Glad I have someone that laughs at jokes.

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Oct 3, 14 3:09 PM
very funny!!

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts