catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Here Is The Reason Why The Demo Is So "Short"

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 3, 14 5:46 PM
I am tired of seeing people complain about this, so here's the reason why the demo is short.

Every other demo gives you TWO chapters of the game during the time, which is why it adds up to 40+ minutes.

THIS demo gives you ONE chapter during the time, which is why it only adds up to about 25 minutes or so.

If the demo had given us two chapters, we would have gotten about 45-50 minutes, which is the "standard" demo length.

So, the demo is actually not short, it's the standard length for a HOPA game. The demo just has one chapter instead of two.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Here Is The Reason Why The Demo Is So "Short"

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 4, 14 2:52 AM
When I opened the SG in the demo, I saw TWO chapters.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 4, 14 4:03 AM
Huh??? I only saw one in mine?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 4, 14 4:33 AM
Sorry, I was thinking of another game.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 4, 14 8:02 PM
cbtx wrote:Huh??

Well, if there is only half of the usual/standard demo, then that fact alone would mean it is a "short" demo, would it not????

So, sorry, any demo with one chapter is going to be "short". Thanks for clearing that up.

I personally don't see a 20 minute demo as "short" if that demo has only one chapter in it because, if all the other games had 1 chapter demoes, they would be the same length.

But that's probably my flawed logic.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Oct 5, 14 4:44 PM
"Well, if there is only half of the usual/standard demo, then that fact alone would mean it is a "short" demo, would it not???? "

Totally agree. Maybe the developers should decide not to produce a demo by chapter, buy simply by time. Fine - make it 10 minutes. Make it 20 minutes. Whatever. But if this was a 20 minute demo, than mine sure didn't last that long. Even if it is only one chapter.

That being the case, solely because of the "...one chapter...." demo, I won't buy it. My demo certainly did not last even 20 minutes.

Edited on 10/05/2014 at 4:44:55 PM PST

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 5, 14 6:30 PM
I can usually tell in about 10 minutes if I want to buy the game or not. I'm just happy I am able to try before I lay down my hard earned cash. I remember buying CDs at brick and mortar establishments, and hating almost half of the games I wasted money on.

Go to: