catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 4, 14 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 10/04/2014 at 6:45:06 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 4, 14 6:45 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:12:35 AM PST

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Oct 4, 14 7:06 AM
I really liked this game and with the sale on this weekend bought it and 3 others.

The voice overs were pretty well done. It seemed like the mouth movement matched up with the words they were speaking. The graphics were nicely done and crisp looking.

There are 3 modes of play. There is a map which can be used to jump and shows if there is an available task (or objective).

There are collectibles in the form of "flames" (about 169 of them) but be forewarned they appear as 3 little "swaying" dots and not a picture of a flame.

One of the annoying features of the game is the side box that pops up every time you click on the 3 dots for the flame At least it lets you know how many in each location and if all have been collected. There is a drag though for it closing. Same thing is true in the HOG games. When you get in a groove and start clicking on objects you get a popup box for your achievement which causes you to lose you momentum. I really hate that. The other annoying feature is the helper. Now I don't mind the helpers but this one you have to click a few times before you get the item. I really don't see the need for a helper in the first place. If you can't reach something, wouldn't it make more sense to find a pole, a magnet on string, etc.?

Some of the items in the inventory box are interactive and reminds me of the style of Eipix games. The item that is interactive has a blank circle and when the proper item to complete it appears in the inventory, than the circle has a + sign in it. I'm not sure if its played in another mode if it would have that helpful detail.

The inventory box can be locked or left unlocked.

The Extras include the wallpapers, sound files and there is a bonus game as well as a hidden chapter. In order to access the hidden chapter it looks like you have to find all of the collectible flames.

Not too hard to figure out what happened to the blacksmith. Still it is fun to play. As always try it for yourself to see what you think.

calabashbb
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by calabashbb on Oct 4, 14 7:13 AM
Review based on demo, loved it, can't wait to buy. Using Windows 7 no problems.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 4, 14 7:32 AM
WAKE UP KIDS - IT IS SATURDAY'S "CUTESY" CARTOON FEST AT BF WITH TWO HELPERS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!

We have another "cutesy" helper game from our beloved Granny who always "bakes" such sugary cookie cutter game delights for the kiddies. Gurgling and grunting along we have a red panda as a helper. If you click on him he growls! Actually, to me, that was the best part of this game. As you traverse along, you also pick up an annoying Space Cadet - Emily (hiding out in a mirror) to help you as well. I will not purchase this game, but it may appeal to the younger urchins and some of you as well. If you like it - GO FOR IT!

STORY: SPOILER ALERT
Continuing with another fire-themed game we have a sugary "purple and pink" fiery monster fest" People are missing within the town of Ridleton. Dark forces are deceiving people into helping them and causing havoc in town through fiery monsters. You are a detective investigating this case. You encounter the daughter of a blacksmith, a huntress, blind at birth but recovers her eyesight at the same her father vanishes. How is this all interconnected?

LEVELS: There are only 3 levels of difficulty without the ability to customize the game. CUSTOMIZATION SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IN ALL CE GAMES

GRAPHICS: The graphics were "grainy" on my computer. Nothing spectacular and reminiscent of our SE games.

HOP SCENES: They are interactive but lacking creativity. They are junk piles. You either look for a specific item or look for a bunch of same items. There are some HOP scenes in a storybook telling the story of Ridleton.

INVENTORY: The inventory is also interactive. There is nothing spectacular in its presentation.

PUZZLES: I found few puzzles. Most are jigsaw puzzles and extremely easy.

PACE: This game plods along on the road to boredom. I just wanted the demo to end so I could do my laundry -and I hate doing laundry.

SOUND OF/AND "MUZAC:" The "muzac" is unobtrusive and the voiceovers decent.

MAP: There is a map but it only transports you to the site and does not indicate areas of activity. ALL CE GAMES SHOULD HAVE MAPS WHICH INDICATE ACTIVE AREAS

EXTRA GOODIES - You collect 168 flames. You also receive achievements in the game.

Edited on 10/04/2014 at 8:24:30 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 4, 14 7:33 AM
CONTINUED

TO ME THIS IS NOT CE WORTHY. THERE ARE NO SPARKS OF EXCITEMENT . I RATE THIS GAME A FIRE SALE LEFTOVER WITH 3 WEAK SPUTTERING FLAMES OUT OF 5 VIBRANT FLAMES FOR A CE.

GRANNY NEEDS TO FIRE UP THE OVEN NEXT TIME AND PROVIDE MORE INNOVATION IN HER GAME RECIPES. TWO HELPERS? HAVE YOU NO CONFIDENCE IN YOUR "KIDDIES," GRANNY?

For "moi" -As a member in good standing in the Hancy Drew Club, I will be spending my weekend with Nancy Drew sleuthing through her newest mystery which is still "hot" off the press.

Edited on 10/04/2014 at 7:41:03 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 4, 14 7:37 AM
OK, so you're this detective who is investigating the disappearance of people from a little town. Evidently someone making a huge cauldron of split pea soup while saying some words called up a demon or something a decade and a half ago and that started it all.

It's the same old thing - a cutesy animal helper and this time it acts automatically when it isn't even needed - while it doesn't act and won't act when it is. Click on it and hear it growl like "Leave me alone!" - the high point of the game so far. In fact, I want to say the same thing about playing this game! You get to name it. Whee.

As if one helper isn't enough - here you get two.

Puzzles are extremely simple. I'm not good at puzzles (I mean I'm really BAD at puzzles) and I didn't skip one so far. So unless they get more difficult, they are probably way too easy for most fishies.

HOPS: You can switch to M3 if you wish. I did and it's so simple I was almost bored to tears. I'll go back to finding the objects. HOPS are slightly interactive.

Gameplay is pretty smooth; there is a small lag sometimes. It seems rather linear to me so far but that may change. So far it is following the same old storyline that most HOGS and HOPAS seem to follow: find parts of locks, get across gaps, get through the gate, help people, put out fires, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

This one seems to have a lot of + inventory items. It's getting to the point where you can't use an inventory item until you tap it a few times to make things move around or something. Seems like a time-filler to me and completely unnecessary at times.

Graphics are very nice.

Flames need to be found in every scene and the player is told how many there are left, once one is found, and when all have been found. They are easy to see.

I haven't seen any morphing objects.

Achievements? I've got a ton already. Of course I do.

What might save this game, besides the sale this weekend, is the secret chapter and bonus chapter. It might also make it CE worthy but I'll wait until I see some reviews on the whole game before deciding to purchase. Right now, it is just so easy and so much like so many others that I have to say I can't recommend it even as an SE.

Will someone puhleeze come up with something new?

Edit: M3 games? I love them but not when there's no strategy!

Edited on 10/04/2014 at 7:54:11 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Oct 4, 14 7:46 AM
Hi all,

To all my wonderful followers who have been giving me the most amazing feedback on my reviews. Thank you so much for taking the time to read them.

Unfortunately, due to a conflict I will no longer be posting my detailed, humor-injected reviews on the forum, but you CAN still find them on the actual game page.

As to this game. I disliked it. It had a lot of issues and was inconsistent in a lot of places.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 10/04/2014 at 2:39:02 PM PST

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Oct 4, 14 8:32 AM
Excellent game. Beautiful storyline and graphics.Do no miss it.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 4, 14 8:36 AM
This is the 3rd edition to this Series. I really love it! Now with this said...to those of you who don't like an animal helper...this has one. Just a heads up for you who don't like animal helpers. I don't mind them...and really enjoy the one in this game.

Opening scene is very scary! The colors and graphics and animations are so beautiful and stunning. I'm loving this game. I found myself not wanting to quit and got completely lost in it. I don't like to give spoilers away...so be sure to check out the Extras...so you can access the extra bonus.

I highly recommend this game!! Wonderfully done and most definitely worthy to add to your library of games. A Great edition to this Series. Be sure to give it a try...everyone has different taste. But, IMO...this is a winner! Great Job to the Developers and Thank you Big Fish for this great game and sale this weekend!

Yes: Voice overs
Yes: Jumping Map
Yes: Journal
Yes: Animal Helper
Yes: Aspect Ratio: Wide Screen/Full Screen
Yes: Hidden Object Scenes/You can Switch to M3
Yes: Achievements/NO Morphing Objects
3: Modes of Play...Casual/Advanced/Hard
Sound: Music/Sound/Voice
Theme: A Wonderful Detective Mystery

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

“These are my terms for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games.

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and storyline. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Oct 4, 14 11:19 AM
Not a great game but a perfectly nice one. The hidden object scenes are pretty and clear and mildly challenging, the voice acting is very good with good music and it's a pleasant and relaxing way to pass some time on a drab Saturday. Definitely a good second CE to take advantage of the great sale this weekend.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Oct 4, 14 12:09 PM
Some reviewers found this game to be "excellent, having the best graphics, with a beautiful storyline that is not too be missed".

HUH!!!

This is just another rehashed story about someone selling their soul to a evil spirit to make something good happen. The person then disappears & later on the evil spirit reappears with fiery monsters to now make the townspeople disappear. You, of course, are the detective called in to help an inept policeman sort things out & restore order to the town.

I found my review to be the polar opposite of the "rave" reviews.

Hideous graphics that were muddy, PINK, amateurish & reminded me of the Sunday comics.

Annoying Muzak.

The usual flat, one dimensional characters with mouth movements that were WAY off. VO were OK though.

There are "flames" to collect with a pop-up that tells you how many there are in a scene. All you have to do too find them is look for the sparkles.

HOS - easy , Puzzles - simple, No Map as Hint button teleports you.

Definitely NOT a winner in my book. But as always everyone has different tastes so give the demo a trial run & decide for yourself.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Oct 4, 14 12:11 PM

Wind Whispers, Says "Wait for the SE"

The setting: You are a detective summoned to the town of Ridleton to investigate the disappearance of several townspeople and other strange occurrences. The first person to disappear was a blacksmith who vanished 15 years ago on the same day that his blind daughter received her sight. Since then the grown daughter, Emily, has become a huntress in search of her father.

I do not want to give away more elements of the story, but suffice it to say that it's nothing really new. The artwork and cut scenes are ok, but this game does not have a particular look that stands out except that blues and purples are prominent. There is a slight delay between scenes but I did not find it distracting.

You have a helper in the form of a red panda to do your reaching and getting. You can name the panda via the Extras menu. To get the panda to complete each task, you have to click the mouse several times. After the first couple times, this became somewhat annoying.

Game play is super easy, both for hidden objects and mini-games. Hidden objects are fairly easy to spot and puzzles have simple solutions. You probably won't need to take any playing notes because it is pretty clear what to do next. There were times in the demo when there was only one thing you could do.

This CE has 168 collectible "flames." No real challenge there, and there is a fly-out to tell you when you have collected all the ones in the scene. There is extra play in a Bonus Chapter and a Hidden Chapter, and the typical pseudo extra stuff.

This is another fairly easy game where you fight some evil force to win the day. I found no major problems with it, but neither did it whisper "buy me!' in my ear. If you liked the description, I would recommend waiting for the SE because there isn't much here other than the swirling wind.

Two and 1/2 quiet whispers

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 4, 14 12:24 PM
Hi all. Well, we have the 3rd in the WS series and I must say that I find this one to be as much fun as the other two. Graphics were very well done. Colors were very bright, but did have some blues and pinks here and there, which is a minus for me on the grading scale. Game play was very good, no problems. Very nice voice overs, which showed fear, pain and most emotions in the voices. Music was almost over-powering the voices, even on 50%, but settle down a bit as the game progressed.

There is a jump map that is clear and easy to follow, showing you where something can be done. Yes you have another animal, a red panda, that helps you retrieve items only in high or tight places, and is quiet, so he isn't really a nuisance. IHOPs are somewhat cluttered, but items are not too difficult to find and they have true colors. You can switch to the match 3, but I prefer HOPs. Yes, it is annoying to have the box jump out and tell you that you achieved an achievement when you are on a good run, but mostly annoying only in the HOPS. Puzzles are nothing new or difficult and so far haven't taken much brain power to complete. Hint system is helpful, but filled slower than most, as does the skip button.

The only collectibles I found are what they call "flames" but they look more like lightning bugs and are not as easy to find as you may think. Sometimes, you have to complete a task in order to see them hidden behind something else. I would suggest looking for these first and then once again when all tasks are done. There is a box that pops out and lets you know how many are in each location and if you have them all. There are 168 of these "flames" to find.

The more the games progressed, the more I was drawn in to the story and action. It is not exceedingly challenging, but there is enough "edge of your seat" music and sound FX to keep you wanting more. I think this will appeal to all levels of players. Yep, definite buy for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Oct 5, 14 6:37 PM
There is nothing new to the storyline or the gameplay, but the graphics were pretty good. I earned a lot of achievements during the demo, something that I rarely accomplish. The devs must have forgotten to include a custom mode of play, as there was the usual 3 modes. I found the collectables to be a distraction from the game, and hardly resembled what they were supposed to be. This game will go on the "Wait for the SE list".

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Oct 5, 14 11:23 PM
I was disappointed in this game. I played the demo, & liked the game pretty much. But, I bought it this evening, trying to use the buy BOGO, but it would only let me purchase the one. This game was similar to several others that I already have played. I am very unhappy with this purchase.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Oct 6, 14 3:33 PM
This was a nice simple game to wile away an hour. Puzzles and HOS were very easy. Finding the hidden flames was also too easy. I would have preferred a custom option in the difficulty degree, as I like to have the map options but not the sparkles. Good game for beginners.

kmills1944
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by kmills1944 on Nov 9, 14 6:06 PM
i thought this game was really good.it was interesting enough to keep me interested enough and the graphics were great.i don't know why so many peop;e hate the little helpers but to each his own.i don't mind them at all.after all it is a game not real life.the only small complaint i have is that i buy hidden object games because i love the hidden object scenes,in my opinion thee were ay too many mini games and not enough hidden object scenes

Go to: