catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 4, 14 1:12 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 10/04/2014 at 6:44:52 AM PST

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind here!

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 4, 14 1:46 AM
10 minutes into the demo and I've been thrown out three times!! Goes back to Games Manager and I have to start again! Whassup?

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

BOOTED OUT

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Oct 4, 14 1:54 AM
SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME HAD TO RESTART COMPUTER TO GET OUT OF GAME

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 4, 14 2:48 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I'm still getting thrown out and back to Games Manager. Come on Big Fishes, sort it out. There seems to be problems with all new games lately!

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Oct 4, 14 3:57 AM
Was playing the demo, was going ok till I got to the town, done certain things helped the lady, got sparkle's for HO's and it froze, had to use task manager to get out of the game, then i came back again and it played ok, after I collect a certain object I could open a book and said I had to collect certain things, well got two of the objects (arrows) but it wouldn't let me have the third, kept clicking on it to no avail, uninstalled recreated a new profile got to that point again, and again I couldn't pick it up, I could have skipped it, but why should I, if I buy a game I try to not skip things unless I have to, but not forced on me, oh why oh why BFG do these games keep coming out with all these issues, these games are not properly tested and are thrown to us to sort out all the glitches on them I think, more and more games are having more issues than actual reviews lately, come on BFG sort these games out BEFORE they come to us, no buy for me until it's sorted.

Edited on 10/04/2014 at 3:59:09 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Oct 4, 14 4:33 AM
I think it would really help if everyone posted their operating system (at least), to see whether there's a pattern.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 4, 14 4:39 AM
And whether the computer is a PC or a Mac. I often see that peeps with MACs have more problems than those with a PC.

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Oct 4, 14 5:58 AM
Game hung after I hung the lantern up. Using super fast graphics set-up (PC) so not due to my hardware being too slow.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 4, 14 6:44 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Oct 4, 14 6:06 PM
This game was going along beautifully until I got to the balloon and let off in front of what looks like a castle gate, but unfortunately am missing an inventory item from another location (a red ribbon). Well "no problem" I think to myself, I have the awesome jump map and I'll go back and get it. NOOOOOO...even though all the locations appear active, when I click ok any of them it says "that location is available". Well guess what?! I'm stuck and can go no further. I look forward to these games on the weekend and I truly hope there's a fix for it by tomorrow. This is happening with almost EVERY CE released!!! I'm playing on a MAC 10.9.4 that's completely up to date and every CE glitch there has been has been because of the game and not my laptop!!!

[Post New]by RobinLea on Oct 4, 14 7:08 PM
Awesome wonderful game BUT they do need a patch. It is the jump map that is causing the game to crash. If I need help I pull up the map but just see what location I need to go to and close the map. I have been able to continue on as long as I don't try to jump!

[Post New]by suchateacher on Oct 4, 14 8:33 PM
I cannot get the game to install. I've got Win 8.1 on my PC. None of the games I have attempted to download will install today. What's wrong with BigFish? When I troubleshoot the game, the error is "compatibility error". HELP

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Oct 4, 14 11:29 PM
I had a problem with the sound control. Even though I had the music set to 0, Voice to 15 and sound effects at 15 I was still getting music and the voice and effects were sounding the same as they were prior to my changes, which would be at 50.
I also had a problem getting the achievements. I should have pretty much gotten all but the one for completing the game in under 5 hours.
I also noticed that not once when I pulled up the map did it ever list a location where a task needed to be done. The only use I could find of even having the map was for jumping locations. Luckily, I rarely used that since I am seeing fellow fishies are having problems there.

Edited on 10/04/2014 at 11:37:22 PM PST

[Post New]by song28 on Oct 5, 14 7:21 AM
youreyes13 wrote:This game was going along beautifully until I got to the balloon and let off in front of what looks like a castle gate, but unfortunately am missing an inventory item from another location (a red ribbon). Well "no problem" I think to myself, I have the awesome jump map and I'll go back and get it. NOOOOOO...even though all the locations appear active, when I click ok any of them it says "that location is available". Well guess what?! I'm stuck and can go no further. I look forward to these games on the weekend and I truly hope there's a fix for it by tomorrow. This is happening with almost EVERY CE released!!! I'm playing on a MAC 10.9.4 that's completely up to date and every CE glitch there has been has been because of the game and not my laptop!!!

mkmcp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mkmcp on Oct 5, 14 10:07 AM
Hey there,

I'm sorry to see the game is getting stuck when trying to go back for the red ribbon! I would recommend checking out the help article below for some possible steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue continues, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

In response to the above post by BFG:

The help article is no help for the map issue!! Stuck in the same spot as everyone else. I don't have the red ribbon and I can't jump back on the map to get it. Though I have loved the game so far, I really don't want to have to go back and start from the beginning!!!

Edited on 10/05/2014 at 10:08:44 AM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 5, 14 11:08 AM
I'm running Windows 7. I actually didn't have any problems till I got well into the castle. I was undoing the crossed knots to get the dancing shoes for the ballerina when I got kicked out of the game. Started it back up, undid the knots to get the dancing shoes and got kicked back out again.

I haven't had any problems with the map and have been able to use it to transport to active locations. I have noticed that once I opened the artists' doors, the map no longer told me which rooms had things I could do in them.

It's overall a good game. Would be a whole lot better if I could actually finish it.

[Post New]by VerenaMarat on Oct 5, 14 11:19 AM
Also stuck on red ribbon issue mentioned previously. Unable to continue gameplay because I don't have the necessary item and can't use use map to change locations. Playing on a MacBook Air 10.9.5.

pin and red ribbon problem

[Post New]by xenawonderwoman on Oct 5, 14 11:33 AM
Help! This is obviously a problem that too many people are having to ignore with just a blanket "check the tech manual" answer. This is a problem of the game itself. I too have found myself stuck at the gate looking for the greenbat weight in my inventory that I can't get because I can't go back in the map to the scene that has this item I need to interact with. I love this game and would like to finish it without restarting. At this point those of us who have reached this blockade have played about 90% of the game and it's really unfair (not to mention aggravating! ) to rewind everything that we've done jus because no one wants to take responsibility for making a mistake. Please see what can be done ASAP so that those of us who paid our money can enjoy it!
I am on a windows 7 laptop.

Edited on 10/05/2014 at 11:34:40 AM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 5, 14 11:33 AM
sonofstar wrote:I'm running Windows 7. I actually didn't have any problems till I got well into the castle. I was undoing the crossed knots to get the dancing shoes for the ballerina when I got kicked out of the game. Started it back up, undid the knots to get the dancing shoes and got kicked back out again.

I haven't had any problems with the map and have been able to use it to transport to active locations. I have noticed that once I opened the artists' doors, the map no longer told me which rooms had things I could do in them.

It's overall a good game. Would be a whole lot better if I could actually finish it.

On a hunch, I went back into the game and chose to Skip the tangled chains over the ballet shoes. Sure enough that let me complete the main game. Should not have had to do that in order to move forward.

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Oct 5, 14 1:26 PM
As usual, BF CS has no answers for why quality control has been so bad with these glitchy CE's for the past few months. I received the standard email (as many of you have probably received):

"Thanks for writing into Big Fish Support. We really want you to be able to get back to playing games as soon as possible, and we’re here to help.

Game Play Help
If you are looking for game play help, hints, or tips, we have a fantastic Community section with forums, walkthroughs, and blog posts that are sure to help: Big Fish Community

Technical Troubleshooting
If you’d like to troubleshoot the game, then we recommend trying out the suggestions in our help pages below first. These have steps to troubleshoot some of the most common reasons there can be trouble playing a game.

Game Crashing, Freezing or Blank Screen.
Mac Game Troubleshooting
Screen Resolution

If you’ve tried out the steps in our help articles above and there is still trouble playing, then please reply directly back to this email. If you have not already, it would be very helpful to run and attach the results from our Dr. Felix diagnostic program to your reply. There is a link to our help article with steps to run this below:

Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report
We hope that the information above has helped, but if not, we look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Big Fish Games Support Team

And here was my response:

"Thank you for the game coupon, however I have nothing to use it on until Thursday's game as I purchase both CE's every week...plus it doesn't help me finish this game.

The troubleshooting articles you've sent do no good as the game needs a patch!!! Any idea when it'll be fixed? I've already sent Dr. Felix reports recently because the CE's released EVERY week have glitches. It's never my system, and ALWAYS the game! Go check the game forums...lots of people are having the SAME problem, both PC and MAC users alike.

Please let me know when you anticipate an update or fix for this problem!!!

Thank you."

ARRRGGGHH...I just want to finish my game!!!!

Go to: