catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

CE or SE?

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 5, 14 1:37 AM
Here's that post again!

Which one did you pick and why? What would you recommend to others?

Re:CE or SE?

[Post New]by Discus4566 on Oct 5, 14 6:00 AM
Neither! Because they're both defective. See "Tech Issues" for the CE version, same problems with this version. You know there are unresolved technical issues with this game, and still you are trying to sell it???

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 5, 14 7:12 AM
Not sure why they are not doing an update for this game as so many had tech issues with it (freezing and locking up the computer for one thing for many of us). There are 8 pages of complaints in the tech issues for the CE.

I tried the game again a few days ago hoping that maybe some of the Microsoft updates had fixed something on my end and the game would now work, (wishful thinking) but no such luck.

I loved what I was able to play and would have bought it in a heartbeat, as I'm sure a lot of others would have, but it just does not work for me, so won't even try the SE.

Big disappointment with Big FIsh.

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Oct 5, 14 7:54 AM
Maybe BFG doesn't pay attention to this. It happens a lot since BF went downhill and doesn't want to pay for live chat. Those guys were great.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Oct 5, 14 1:56 PM
Neither., The same problems that existed in the CE, which was released in September, still exist in the SE. WHY would BFG offer this game again, as an SE, when the CE still has issues? Not a happy fish

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 5, 14 3:59 PM
Well, I had no problems whatsoever (CE Version), so I've got no idea what's happening.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 5, 14 4:16 PM
The freezing problem seems to be afflicting Windows 8 users but not Windows 7. It would be nice to see a fix.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 5, 14 4:16 PM
Huh???

I'm using Windows 8 and I had zero problems?

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 5, 14 6:32 PM
OK, back to the original question, tech issues aside, is the CE worth the extra money?

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Oct 5, 14 8:16 PM
I've given up posting but feel so badly for all of you with tech issues, I just had to chime in. BFG Proper does NOT read the forum posts. If you do not contact BFG directly, they don't know what's going on with a game. So, please contact BFG with any tech issues. Haven't you noticed? When you post on here, nothing gets done. Forums and BFG "Proper" are 2 different ..... "rooms" shall we say, and one doesn't know what goes on in the other unless someone tells them.

Good luck to you all.

I had no problems and purchased the CE.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 6, 14 12:45 AM
In answer to the ORIGINAL question,

I loved this game because of all the fantastic gameplay features. I'm buying the SE because none of the extras interested me.

The CE Extras are:

Bonus Chapter
Built-in Strategy Guide- Doesn't show HOS solutions
Achievements
Boudoir
Museum
Wallpapers (19)
Concept Art (11)
Music
Replay HOS & Puzzles

So no, I don't think the CE is worth the money.

Edited on 10/06/2014 at 12:58:16 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 6, 14 8:19 AM
Hey Everyone

I just wanted to clarify a couple of things. Any tech issues reported in the forums do get reported to the devs. From there, it is at the discretion of the devs to create a fix and release it to us. Only the devs can create a fix for an issue, and we do our best to work with them to get a fix as soon as possible.

Please be assured, we are sending the information you've all provided along to the devs. We really hope we can get a fix as soon as possible.

If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of the Mods.

bfgVaiya

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Cr1s on Oct 6, 14 9:21 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey Everyone

I just wanted to clarify a couple of things. Any tech issues reported in the forums do get reported to the devs. From there, it is at the discretion of the devs to create a fix and release it to us. Only the devs can create a fix for an issue, and we do our best to work with them to get a fix as soon as possible.

Please be assured, we are sending the information you've all provided along to the devs. We really hope we can get a fix as soon as possible.

If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of the Mods.

bfgVaiya

You must be joking.
Basically, you are selling a defective product and you're well aware of it. This is totally unprofessional, sorry.

Go to: