catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 5, 14 1:49 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 10/05/2014 at 8:29:36 AM PST

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Oct 5, 14 8:10 AM
I'm running Windows 8.1 and my drivers are up to date. I have 350 BF games that run just fine, but not this one.

When I placed the first piece into the "other world" and it showed the gear game, I played it and then skipped it (too many variables). My screen froze. I could still hear the music. I opened task manager hoping that would "jar loose" the screen but then it went black and I had to go back to the task manager and log out.

When I logged back in and opened the BF game manager it stilled showed 90 minutes of the demo so I took a chance and went back in. This time I was able to skip the gear puzzle and enter into the next world. When trying to cross the bridge again my screen went black and I could still hear the music (which was very nice) but I again had to use the task manager to log out. When I logged back in to BF game manager it still shows 90 minutes left of the demo buy I'm not trying it again.

I loved this game especially the music and the ambient noise and certainly was planning to buy it but I won't take a chance today, which is a shame since it's buy one get one free. I'm waiting to see if anyone else has issues and if maybe it's just an issue with the demo and the game plays well.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 5, 14 8:29 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

iamchani
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by iamchani on Oct 5, 14 9:36 AM
People are having problems with the CE, including me, and it hasn't been fixed yet so why is BF offering the SE to people? This is not right and I'm really upset. I came on this forum to see if people are having the same problem and this is early in the morning and one posted already with the same problem as the CE. Great, just great.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Oct 5, 14 10:05 AM
game really screwed up my system. couldn't t even ctr/alt/del had to restart!

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Oct 5, 14 10:16 AM
I went to the CE forum of this game and there are 8 pages of the same type freezing problems. No amount of help pages from BF are going to fix this issue. I has to come from the developers. Obviously there are issues that have carried on from the CE to the SE.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Oct 5, 14 10:30 AM
I cannot believe BFG released the SE of this game especially since it still has the same tech issues. Those of us who purchased the CE are still waiting for a fix. Hey, BFG its been a month! Would be nice if you gave us some info instead of leaving us out in the cold. What has happened to you?
Here is a tip for those experiencing the freezing problem that I had posted in the CE forum:
Like many others who really want to play this game but have been plagued by the freezing game problem, I have found a way to not have to reboot your system. When you do CAD and your menu comes up, select the sign out tab, since the game freeze has made your task manager completely useless. This will take you back to your main sign in screen where you will just need to input your passcode to enter back into your desktop. You will receive the error code from the game when you select this option and just click ok. I realize that this is not a fix but it seems a little bit better than having to reboot the entire system each time this game freezes causing nothing to respond in your system.
Remember to check the forums frequently for the update since the GM doesn't seem to be picking up the all of the updates when they are released. Good luck fishies, I hope this helps.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Oct 5, 14 10:41 AM
The game keeps freezing. Yes, I went through all of the help functions to ensure my graphics card is compatible. When the game freezes I cannot do a restart to recover. I have to do a complete shutdown to recover! Arrrgh!

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Oct 5, 14 2:58 PM
Freeze after freeze after freeze. Uninstalled then re-installed, still froze at different spots. Needed to shutdown and restart PC every time. This game looks fun, what a shame it's so poorly made, sent in info to tech support.

Edited on 10/05/2014 at 3:00:03 PM PST

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Oct 5, 14 3:56 PM
I take it back. I posted earlier (like a doof) thinking this was the same game I had bought in September, but some kind soul made me realize I had bought the CE.

I never had one problem with the game - smooth as can be. My computer is a Mac if that makes any difference. It's hard to remember as so many games are alike. Some of you are calling your computer manufacturer which is probably a waste of time. Maybe it's your operating system?

My memory is clearing up, thank goodness! It was a good game and you'll enjoy it if you get it straightened out. Send in a ticket - at least you'll get a free game out of it. I've never had BF offer any other solution which is a bummer as I'd rather have a game fixed. Maybe they have to pass the info back to the dev?

Edited on 10/05/2014 at 3:59:14 PM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 6, 14 2:51 AM
It is kind of "funny" when the SE version of a game with serious technical issues that still haven't been addressed comes out, isn't it? Anyway, I posted this in the CE forum of the game and I'm posting it here as well!

I would like to say a big, big thank you to all the fellow players who suggested to uncheck the custom cursor and the special effects option as a solution to the freezing issue so many of us had/still have with this game. It worked for me! Yes, the game froze twice (once during the main game and once during the bonus chapter) locking up my laptop and the rest we all know but after a couple of attempts, I was at least able to finish it. So, a big thank you to those who shared the info and to those who still can't play the game due to the freezing issue, give it a shot guys. It may work for you too.

Technical issues are definitely a pain when they occur. I understand though that they'll always happen so I'm trying not to be so harsh when they do. And yes, sometimes the problem seems to be with our computers but... When a game has technical issues for which it has been clearly proven our computers are not to blame and those issues never get addressed as they should, well, this is something that really bothers me.

Seeing it has been almost a month and we didn't have an update for the freezing issue so far, I decided to contact the developers of the game via e-mail (a kind e-mail) to see if they're having a fix in the making. Guess what? It's been almost a week and I still haven't heard from them! It is possible that they are not able to provide a fix for this but I think they should have replied to me anyway. I'm going to forward that e-mail to them once more, hoping this time I'll receive a reply and I'm going to post in the forums again whether I have one or not. As to if this game is going to be fixed or not... well, let's say that I wouldn't put my money on the first!

Edited on 10/06/2014 at 8:43:46 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 6, 14 8:30 AM
Hey Everyone

I just wanted to pop in to encourage those who are experiencing issues with the game to contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report.

Troubleshooting may help many, and if not, the information from troubleshooting can be sent to the devs, and hopefully will allow them to create a fix for the issue.

The best way to get a fix for the game is if we can get information to the devs through Tech Support.

bfgVaiya

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 6, 14 8:12 PM
Just finished the demo of this SE game.

Yes was surprised that with all the issues on the CE version that it would be offered. Well after trying all the helpful tips I gave up on the CE version, uninstalled & put on my 'no fix, no buy' list.

I am running on HP Windows 8.1 with IE11, all updates that are available are done. In hindsight I have learned to check this forum before purchasing any games. And if I had purchased I would not want a 'code' for another game as I WANT THIS ONE TO WORK!

I did get thru the so-called 90 min (which for some reason I have always had leftover since the added minutes), BUT the one problem on the SE was that the game 'lagged' and the 'cursor' had the jitters.

Usually I do go out to OPTIONS, undo the custom cursor & check off other options that may be causing this game to be what I call a 'drag'. But I did not do so as was way into the game play.

Wish I would have come over here first I would have done so like TAMMYTHEO, changed up the items listed and would have used up all minutes of the allotted time on demo. OOOOPSEE!

ANYWHO...still not positive to make a purchase, will hold out again! I have only had one other game two yrs ago that I DID purchase the CE (demo no problem) then got into game play & many tech issues, got a coupon code. Then much much later the SE was available so purchased it and no problems.

Well will quit rambling. Happy Gaming to those lucky few that have played this great game.

Lets

Edited on 10/06/2014 at 8:14:52 PM PST

jagran
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by jagran on Oct 7, 14 8:23 AM
How many of us have to report issues with this game before BFG gets back to the devs and asks for a fix? I am not prepared to jump through any more hoops to play a game which should not be causing all these problems. Took ages to re-start my PC when I encountered a freeze and have now deleted the game. I have better things to do than helping fix devs/BFG's problems for them. Irritated would be putting it mildly!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 14, 14 12:24 AM
I have contacted the developers of this game via e-mail twice. 2 weeks have passed and still no reply. Shame, really... It's more than clear that there isn't going to be a fix for the freezing issue or for any other tech issue this game has, for that matter.

For those who have bought and tried to play the game by adjusting the settings or whatever it was they tried to adjust to no avail, contacting Customer Support and request a refund seems to be the only option left. Again... Shame, really.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 26, 14 2:35 AM
Game has now crashed 3 times on Windows 8.1 laptop. Laptop is ASUS K55D.

Every time it crashes, I get a black screen and cannot do anything. Task manager doesn't work. I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and sign out.

I never had this problem with the CE.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 26, 14 5:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that there are still crashing and freezing issues with this game. I can assure you that we're collecting any information that's sent in to us and that this is in turn being sent to the developers. However, depending on the complexity of the issues at hand, this can take some time and the developers may still need additional information in order to come up with a solution.

We appreciate your patience with these issues, and if you'd like to continue to troubleshoot, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help and will gladly replace the game if we're unable to provide a solution or if you'd prefer not to wait for a fix.

bfgWaimea

Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul

[Post New]by braillecode4 on Jan 27, 15 3:08 PM
Several times I have had the screen freeze and crashes and had to Ctrl/Alt Delete to get out and restart my computer. I downloaded the Big Fish Manager again in case that would help. I also quit using the game cursor. I played most of the game ok after that. Then I thought I'd get smart (ha ha) and changed the game cursor back. Worked ok for awhile. Only had two freezes after that. I was able to finish the game and the bonus game. It was a nuisance but worth it.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Mar 11, 15 9:03 PM
This seems to be an issue, I'm not saying a problem, but an issue, with this developer and Windows. It's annoying, but it seems it can be gotten around, and the games are too darned good to miss.

In the first Mystery Tales (remember?) a whole lot of us had the game freeze just as you were to take the elevator down. Consistently there and nowhere else. So when this SE froze for two different profiles at the exact same spot (entering Princess Spring's bedroom), I expected to find the same reports in the forums - but for this one it seems to be different. So instead of trying the fix I used on the older game, I tried the fix that is working for people here - disabling the special effects and cursor. After a scene or two I was able to put the cursor back and finished with no more (technical) problems. So when I started Mystery Tales 2 and had a freeze, I just did the same thing without bothering to try to find out if it was a profile error, or trying a 64-bit OS instead of a 32-bit one (which did work on the first Mystery Tales but I like the 32-bit better). Again, after a scene or two, I was able to put the custom cursor back (I did leave the special effects off) and finish with no trouble.

I only bring up the other games in case it helps anyone to know that it's apparently a developer thing. Like BFG, if you are going to keep putting their games out, and I hope you will, because, as I say, they are too darned good to miss. But you might bring this up with them.

Go to: