Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

Promises, promises

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Oct 5, 14 9:00 AM
Okay, right off the bat, I will apologize for this little rant but seems to me somewhere the Mod. said the developers were working on the problem with the number of Unique stamps that were being dropped. Seems this last update did not solve the issue. I just completed 6 rounds of HOS's available to me at level 39 and not one Unique stamp, a couple of rare and unusual and a few more plain but I was surprised at how many of the scenes I only got something for my inventory, something for my airship and the gold coins, not even any pet food.
Am I just having a run of bad luck. Even my pets are only bringing wooden and rusty chests.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:Promises, promises

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Oct 5, 14 9:06 AM
I noticed the drop rate has majorly decreased for all the stamps with the new update.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Oct 5, 14 9:32 AM
I think this really depends on luck
Found 5 unique stamps today playing a total of 2 rounds - gifted 4 (perhaps that is the solution? As I stated some weeks ago, I often get back what I gifted ...)

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Oct 5, 14 10:51 AM
I noticed that if I have the Unique stamp on my wish list, the game rarely gives me one. Try taking it off your list and see if that makes a difference. Also, you may try changing avatars. Some of them give more stamps, and some give more food and less stamps.

Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Oct 5, 14 11:12 AM
Finished round #7 still no unique stamps. Reached level 40. I don't have a unique stamp on my wish list and have gifted a few to my friends. Had to spend 5 of what I do have to complete a quest. Think I am going to call it a day. Maybe I will change my avatar next time I log in. Hate to see the old one go as I chose it cause it seemed to fit my player name.

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Oct 5, 14 12:02 PM
Toffifee wrote:.....As I stated some weeks ago, I often get back what I gifted ..)

The same with me Toffifee !!

Sometimes I gift an item which is the last of the kind and then after playing the very first HOS I get it back !

Perhaps it is a way to encourage gifting !

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Oct 5, 14 12:38 PM
... that's just my little theory a very social game lol

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 5, 14 1:02 PM
In another thread, bfgVaiya has confirmed that there was no fix to the stamps with this update.

bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

[Post New]by bayouguy on Oct 5, 14 6:18 PM
Toffifee wrote:I think this really depends on luck
Found 5 unique stamps today playing a total of 2 rounds - gifted 4 (perhaps that is the solution? As I stated some weeks ago, I often get back what I gifted ...)

I agree, in the last 2-3 days I have probably received 15 Unique Stamps. I've gifted about half that amount.

Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Oct 6, 14 7:53 AM
I have changed my avatar, gifted unique stamps and still day 2 round 8 and still no unique stamps. Just about ready to throw in the towel, especially when I hear others are getting several a day.

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Oct 6, 14 8:09 AM
I noticed the more correct clicks of the items on the list and an even tempo of finding them brought me the unique stamp more often. But it changes all the time, this game is sooooo unique in that way nothing stays the same for very long. I guess it is to keep us from getting bored.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 6, 14 9:52 AM
When I was short I found I did get more when it was on my wish list.

Anyway, get it on your list and I'll gladly send one over, Shirley

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 6, 14 10:48 AM
I have tried every tip and trick I've found in the forum, but my game remains the same. I have not seen a unique stamp for almost a week. Airship items are low, Pet food is low. I'm thinking it's all hocus-pocus and not fair to intelligent people to set the game so that we have to change avatars, gift back and forth, and all the other desperate things we are trying in an attempt to play this game as it's meant to be played. To those of you who ARE having luck, congrats, because you are the lucky few.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 6, 14 2:17 PM
LOL This sounds like the tricks to try and get items on the WOF. Wait till midday, stand on left foot, hop twice, clap hands in "Shave and a Haircut"...

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Oct 6, 14 3:05 PM
If this IS luck..... I might as well jump off the cliff now, I haven't had a stamp drop in days! Luckily I do have great friends...
Vlania I tried that standing, jumping, rubbing stomach thingy and the only thing I got was worn out!
I give, I give, I give.......done for the day so no stamps yet again!

[Post New]by LoriAnn_US_PA on Oct 6, 14 3:07 PM
I had a run the other day where I got a unique stamp at least once around the HOS. Then nothing, I'm having a hard time with pet food, too. Every couple of updates this happens.

Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Oct 7, 14 8:08 AM
After 3 days, 2 avatars, and gifting I finally got one back today. Fortunately none of my current quests require any so thanks FudgeChi for the kind offer, but I still have a few in my inventory. Just found it very discouraging that I was getting nothing especially with my pets not producing as well.

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 8:09:16 AM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 7, 14 9:20 AM
Let's hope it's the start of better luck. Once you have a few of something in your inventory they generally tend to drop a tiny bit more.

Go to: