Relaxed Mode

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 5, 14 7:55 PM
I played the relaxed mode where you build the tree. I stopped (quit) with Fortune Teller Rank and 799,000 points. I got through the limbs stage and 3 different flower types and oranges and then another flower shows up. Seeing there are twelve of these in each stage I knew it would be awhile before I was done these flowers and I had no idea what was after these ones. Anyway I could not go any further and keep playing because it was already five hours of continuous play and my wrist has carpal tunnel syndrome and was killing me. Had to stop..didn't want to actually but pain won over my decision. Anyway I forgot to check my trophies so went back into the game awhile later. Was really disappointed that my progress was not saved. This really sucks. Does anyone know how long this tree game is and did anyone finish it. Please let me know how much further I would have to go to finish. Five hours is already a very long time and then not to have your progress saved just sucks big time. Not sure it is even worth it because only on a weekend would I be able to play five hours or more. Would be nice if Big Fish told us in the instructions that this mode is endless and your progress is not saved.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Relaxed Mode

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 6, 14 5:35 PM
Welcome to the pond!

As far as I know, the relaxed mode isn't supposed to end ever, but because the game doesn't save the progress in this mode when you exit from it, it resets every time you go back into it. I wrote to the developer about this issue some time ago, but didn't get a satisfactory response. They just told me to run their diagnostic tool which is sort of like the Dr. Felix report and to make sure that I had the most current version of the game, which I'm pretty sure I do since mine is called "The Snow Fable" instead of just "The Snow". Will agree with you that not having the progress saved in all modes sort of killed the game for me too. Thank goodness it does save the trophies from challenge mode at least, because those were a beast to win!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 7, 14 4:27 PM
Thank you so much for answering my question. I did post a question in the technical issues thread as well. Have not received a response. I too have The Snow Fable so it is not a matter of having to upgrade to fix any problem. I think it is poor game design, however I did enjoy playing it and am still getting through all of Challenge Mode so will keep on till I master that then leave it be. Can't see any reason to continue if progress or trophies are not saved in the rest of the modes of the game. Still don't understand why they have awards listed that won't save and reset. Seems pointless and not really incentive to play any mode except for Adventure and Challenge.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 7, 14 8:42 PM
You're welcome. From what I can tell, these forums aren't monitored by customer service or tech support at BFG. I suspect the not saving thing is a flaw in the game code though and not something caused by BF. Good luck in winning the challenge mode trophies!

I did notice that in the lines, blocks, queue and fireflies mode, it saved the progress from the first game played in that mode. So if you get lucky and win a trophy the first time you play a mode, it'll keep that one but you won't be able to upgrade it. If you replay adventure mode, it'll keep track of how many times you use powerups and the flame helper each time through, which theoretically means that you could earn all the powerup and flame helper used trophies if you wanted to go through that part of the game a whole lot of times, but I wasn't that motivated to try it.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 26, 14 9:23 PM
Well I did decide to go through Adventure Mode again and just started my second time through. I want to see how many times through I need to go until I achieve all trophies that are possible. Have to feel like I have some control in getting as many trophies as I can I am going to challenge myself. Speaking of challenge I have not got completely through that mode. I am stuck on the fireflies in the second to last rock and the queue mode getting 50 colored balls in the last set of rocks so I have not been able to accomplish the centre stones on either of these levels. I will persevere though It is a good game even if it doesn't save all the progress I still enjoy the game a lot and love the music. It has a lot of variety to the game play that is for sure.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 27, 14 7:10 PM
Hi again and good luck with earning a few more trophies! I posted a few tips for the 50 balls queue level in the fifth rock of challenge mode in this thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/258085.page

(it's the one LizzieK started with the tip for playing in windowed mode)

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 1, 14 9:43 PM
So I'm back to report I finally got the fireflies in the fourth set of rocks in challenge mode. I did it without using the window mode. It is just pure luck and a lot of fire help plus I got two fireflies three times in a row with one match each time and I finally got enough points. I thought the centre rock on this set was not too bad to accomplish. I have completed all but the 50 balls in queue and the centre rock of the fifth set of rocks. I am getting really frustrated as the matches are just not cooperating and this round goes at lightning speed near the end. I tried using window mode but it has not helped me. Does anyone have any other tips to share to complete this level? I am just starting my third time through Adventure Mode as well to try to get as many trophies as I can and to see how many times I need to go through Adventure Mode to accomplish this feat. I have 3 stars in Queue, Lines, Jeweller, Phoenix, 3442/8000 2 stars in Fire Rain, 510/1500 1 Star in Golden Glow, 804/1000 2 Stars in Fire Blow and 40/50 1 Star in Fighter. I am determined to conquer all I can and the modes which do not save progress will remain as is. No point in playing them anymore. So hope everyone is enjoying this game as much as I am Good luck if you decide to persevere and challenge yourself as I am doing.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 2, 14 12:12 PM
Congrats on finishing the fourth challenge mode rock!

The 50 balls queue thing goes too fast in the second half for even fast players, so you pretty much have to luck it out. I made some matches early on to clear some of the balls while it was still possible to do so that way, but also had to get several powerups set up. The blue lightning powerup that takes out a row and column is really useful on this level, but even the bombs are helpful. If you set off several powerups and then use the flame helper as soon as the board refills it will get a lot of the "fast" part out of the way, but you just have to be quick so the board isn't forfeited. Don't watch the queue up top, even in the beginning when it's slow because that will slow you down and keep you from making matches to create powerups. Keep trying...you'll get it eventually!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 2, 14 1:26 PM
I am really committed to master this level. I am a positive thinker so I repeat I know I can, I know I can, I know I can when I am playing. Eventually I will get it. Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I do not pay attention to the top queue and look for matches that will explode and charge the fire helper and use the fire helper as soon as it is charged. Just seems like a very high score to get. I have not even come close yet. Just a matter of time and I will have it. I refuse to give up.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 5, 14 4:26 PM
I am so, so, so disappointed with this game. I have played adventure mode three full times through and started on the fourth time as I was trying to achieve as many 3 stars in the levels as I could. I almost got there too..not quite but almost every thing I could max out with 3 stars I had done so. At least on everything that would save progress. Now I am now getting an error message whenever I complete a level and it will not tally my score or save my progress. I keep getting the following message...error: access violation @0X00506B72 (tried to read from 0X00000014) program terminated) Then the game completely boots me out to the game app. I guess this is finally it. I am going to have to give up on this game now. I never did get the 50 balls (46 only but with more than enough points... a couple seconds more maybe... ) or the centre rock on the fifth set of rocks in challenge mode and now I am so discouraged I am afraid even if I did accomplish that feat the game would give me the error boot me out and all my efforts would be for naught. Weird too cause everything was okay and then out of the blue the game begins to react this way. Oh well onto another game. Hate to be defeated but have no choice. I posted a query in the technical issues thread but probably won't hear anything back.

Go to: