catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for MouseCraft here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 6, 14 12:43 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 10/06/2014 at 5:31:11 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for MouseCraft here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 6, 14 5:32 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Oct 6, 14 9:56 AM
Would not open and took over my whole computer to the point the crtl/alt/del thing did not even work and I had to shut the whole computer down. I'm running Windows 7. Going to uninstall and say goodbye to this game.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Oct 6, 14 3:03 PM
The orange boxes that (I think) give tips, stay on the screen for about 2 seconds. Just long enough to read a few words. Not very useful.

I am running Windows 7 and rarely have trouble with games.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Oct 6, 14 3:52 PM
windows(vista) black blank screen.....................GOOD BY GAME

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Oct 7, 14 1:35 AM
JessF wrote:The orange boxes that (I think) give tips, stay on the screen for about 2 seconds. Just long enough to read a few words. Not very useful.

I am running Windows 7 and rarely have trouble with games.

In between the screens loading - there is a loading game screen and these orange boxes are helpful tips that you can read while the game is loading. However, on a fast computer that skips by too fast to read, because the next puzzle loads instantly. Don't worry about them.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Oct 7, 14 5:27 AM
The scroll down arrow disappears after you press it in the custom editor.
So if you have several user created levels, you cannot edit or play them.

Please fix.

[Post New]by CrunchingKoalas on Oct 7, 14 6:15 AM
Hey there!

My name is Tom and I'm one of the creators of MouseCraft.

Firstly, thanks for playing MouseCraft and I'm sorry that some of you got technical issues playing the game.

If you are getting display issues (for example: black screens) the one thing that you can do is to set the Quality of the game to Low. The game will then not use some heavy graphic effects and will hopefully be playable for everyone.

You can set the Quality level in the right-top corner of the window that appears just after launching the game.

Also, I'm here if you needed me!

Cheers,
Tom

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Oct 7, 14 9:26 AM
Black screen, even in windows mode. Tool icons show up but nothing on the screen. Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

[Post New]by CrunchingKoalas on Oct 7, 14 11:12 AM
LarkBea wrote:Black screen, even in windows mode. Tool icons show up but nothing on the screen. Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Please set the Low Quality mode - this setting is located in the top-right corner of the launcher window.

Cheers,
Tom

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Oct 8, 14 10:53 AM
I've had the Custom Editor freeze the computer on more than one occasion.

Also, there are times when using the editor when the exit and other buttons won't work.

Edited on 10/08/2014 at 10:53:42 AM PST

[Post New]by Ozziefishboy on Oct 8, 14 9:20 PM
Level 34: Upon completion, the stats indicate that no mice made it through and no 'crystal' was collected. Even though all 3 mice made it and the crystal was collected.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Oct 8, 14 10:11 PM
There's a note saying there's a new version, but I uninstalled and downloaded it again only to discover it's the same 1.1 version with all the same glitches and bugs.

The Level Editor still crashes and you cannot scroll down more than once if you have more than two levels. Also the "Files" button does not open the correct folder where the "Custom Level" files are saved.

Please Fix!

Edited on 10/09/2014 at 10:00:03 AM PST

letseat
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by letseat on Oct 9, 14 10:17 AM
Error 3--good by game.. Way too many errors..

[Post New]by Oldfashioned1 on Oct 10, 14 12:03 AM
Ozziefishboy wrote:Level 34: Upon completion, the stats indicate that no mice made it through and no 'crystal' was collected. Even though all 3 mice made it and the crystal was collected.

Exactly! And after getting the pyrotechnics award it stays on screen so you can't see anything on the right side bottom corner of screen. I have Windows 7 Home Premium, no problems with other games, and downloaded after 10/8 so should be the "updated" version---not!

You also can't start a new profile for a different player.

I like this game, it's cute and slightly challenging. We would like more levels, more challenge, be able to create and play our own levels (why put it on the menu when it doesn't work?) So much potential...so many bugs!

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 12:13:27 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Oct 10, 14 7:05 PM
Oldfashioned1 wrote:no problems with other games, and downloaded after 10/8 so should be the "updated" version---not! So much potential...so many bugs!

You are correct!

I wrote BFG customer support a few days ago informing them about the false post for the 10/8 update. But instead of answering my question, they gave me a free coupon for another game. I did not even purchase this game, and I feel like I'm being paid to keep silent. I refuse to get this game until all of the mentioned bugs have been exterminated, coupon or not.

Edited on 10/11/2014 at 4:23:34 AM PST

[Post New]by maxibabe30 on Oct 24, 14 4:27 AM
My game doesn't save. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling but always when I exit out of the game & go back in it takes me back to level 1. Any ideas? I'm using windows 7 on PC.....

Go to: